Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Transfers still ongoing but the thread is already closed. Shameful.

Cleverley to Villa is still on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey can play right back hth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eau de MacGowan posted:

also:

danny welbeck, £16mil

That's a lot of money.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

16 million is a snip for Danny.

How so?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

corpuscollossus posted:

Worst case scenario is that Welbeck retains his spotty record and then we'll have 3 middling strikers

Worst case scenario Welbeck end product looks even worse in Arsenal's system and Wenger's diet plan weakens his bones so much he suffers a career-ending double leg break in early December.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey will outscore Welbeck this season

In the games he plays at right back when Debuchy is suspended.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wingers are allowed to score goals.

It's in the rules.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

not not luvd posted:

Not do a Ninpo and reply to every lol Welbz post but is it really?

Lallana 26m
Henderson 16-20m
Allen 15m

All 3 first team players that their clubs needed to replace.

Welbeck was what? 4th choice for Van Gaal? Arsenal got fleeced.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

I don't have any sympathy for them. It just seems like transfer bans, docking points, etc. all seem like better solutions than fining clubs who are running themselves into the ground.

A transfer ban would probably help them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
People might get away with it over here cause no one will know if the name on the back is theirs or a real player's.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm looking forward to Saturday's title decider.

We will not let this slip.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ubiquitous rex posted:

My friend is a big Chelsea supporter and he wants to bet me $20 they win more games (domestically) in September than Man U. What are the chances of that happening?

Chelsea have games against the teams 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the table, plus a domestic cup game against Bolton.

United have games against the teams 11th, 12th and 15th. Seems a safe enough bet to me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Burqa King posted:

Gary monk is the manager of the month after a 100% start, which should herald a precipitate fall down the table like Rodgers did when he got the award in march

We're gonna win the league.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've still got Jordi Amat and friend of the homeless Angel Rangel.

Apart from Chico I don't think we'll miss any of them. Michu's a stroppy oval office who had one hot streak two years ago, Hernandez was always injured and I don't remember the names of the others.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

glasnost toyboy posted:

What went wrong with Michu?

He was amazing in his first six months, got found out and couldn't hit a barn door in his next six, then flirted with injuries and not being very good in the system once we had a real centre forward.

Everyone kept going on about how he was 'really a midfielder' and that we'd see him play even better when he got pushed back, but he was lazy and stroppy and couldn't tackle so it was never going to work in this league.

He made a lot of noise when he first came over about how he was a loyal club man and wanted to become part of the furniture for us but he made it pretty clear he just wanted a stepping stone, especially after Laudrup left.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Higuain(?)'s reaction lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I dunno what United fans have been so worried about, they put in a spirited performance against Swansea at the start of the season, and based on yesterday's showing they should be able to finish comfortably mid-table.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

T Bowl posted:

Debuchy being out would have been O.K. if Wenger had bought another loving defender. Mental stuff, will be hilarious to see what he does if another of the back 4 goes down.

3-5-2

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Abu Dave posted:

Noted Aston Vila slayer James Henderson sure is one of the best midfielders in the league.

He's no Fabian Delph, but he's alright.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

straight up brolic posted:

he also said that he'd be happy if arsenal won the league, bit of a weird one for him today...but Neville's breakdown of Fabregas's positioning in the first half is next level

It's nice to hear that Swansea weren't actually any good in the first half hour, it was just Fabregas & Matic doing some sunday league poo poo and letting them play.

Was hoping they's look at Fernandez' shocking defensive positioning for all of Chelsea's second half goals. They usually love that kind of thing, but maybe it's a better narrative to say Diego Costa is amazing and unstoppable.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jordi Amat out for 6 weeks.

Just when he was starting to get a run of games and look comfortable. Poor bastard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Danny Welbeck is a foreign myth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ninpo posted:

He could have been more clinical but a big fuckin :laffo: at finding column inches to write about Welbeck when the midfield and particularly the defence were utterly woeful.

That's all old news.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Let the rich buy who they want, gently caress everyone else.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Good, now no one is allowed to buy Ki Sung Yeung.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why were Chelsea playing Luiz if it wasn't a money making scheme?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

excuse me lady posted:

we're not arguing about where the money comes from we're arguing about whether it's beneficial to English football for clubs to have an entire 24 man squad out on loan

Those 24 players aren't standing in the way of any hypothetical Englishmen because they're not getting first team opportunities either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pardew is cracking up. He'll be gone by monday morning.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

“When the gaffer sat down with his backroom team, deciding on his order, he asked fitness coach Tony Strudwick what he was getting – and told him he’d take it if it looked good.

“When their wives arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped.

“I told him you can’t just take someone else’s wife. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’.”

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

Guys I moved to Swansea today so from now on I support my local team Swansea City FC

Come on you swans!

I know who to blame if we start losing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

Ah, excellent. I was worried we might be cool and good this year.

Big Sam will always find a way to limit that to once or twice a season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Did Joe Allen die?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Myssu posted:

Killed by an Andorran football pitch.

Nuke the bastards.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everyone knows it was Cesc who first got Jack started on the coke, Arsene doesn't want that influence around his new batch of future world-beaters.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Watch the first half hour of the Chelsea Swansea game to see how godawful Fabregas is as a defensive midfielder.

Watch the rest of the game to see how good he is anywhere else.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Not buying Cesc Fabregas wasn't very smart. He's a great player, had performed quite well at Arsenal and would have performed well there again, is still relatively young, and wouldn't have been trying to leave Arsenal for another big team later on

Based on what?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leon Britton is still 6 weeks away from fitness after what was supposed to be some minor knee bruising in the summer.

Turns out it was a stress fracture.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

oilcheck my rear end posted:

Has Pardew been sacked yet?

He's staying until the Swansea game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

Sacking Pardew for a couple of million and hiring in an actual manager for a couple more versus losing the TV revenue?

Parachute payments plus selling the players that are still worth something should set Ashley up nicely when he then sells the club.

• Locked thread