Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
pooshited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Blue Star Error posted:

According to the Daily Star Man U are paying Falcao £346k a week and I for one believe them

Lmao at least he'll have a lot of money for alts

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

ultrabindu posted:

Still less than Januzaj.

I'm paying £250 a month over 24 months for my jacuzzi.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Hardflip posted:

England forward Danny Welbeck injured in training and unlikely to be risked against Norway on Wednesday

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Queef Shart Mingers

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Lot 49 posted:

RvP has joined up with the Dutch national team and said that he's totally fine and the rumours about him needing surgery are nonsense.

So United signing Falcao makes even less sense than before.

to the tune of "Migos Ft Drake Versace"

pooshited pooshited pooshited pooshited,
pooshited pooshited pooshited pooshited

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Brony Car posted:

Van Gaal is a very good manager so I suspect we'll sadly have way less to laugh about around March.

Probably true, but I'm thinking about the March the one after next and it will probably be just as fun as now.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

This poo poo is getting old, stop ruining a funny joke

it's actually a second, funnier joke now

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

tbp posted:

I don't think the problem with Manchester United is necessarily the manager. Even Moyes underwhelmed extraordinarily, and LvG is too. It's got everything to do with the huge fear of Alex Ferguson leaving and the next manager not being as good, and the inability to bounce back from that fear. The structure is rotten.

In this Animie and Barbershop loving United fan's opinion, you're exactly right. United's problems are twofold -

First, SAF was a loving wizard and got by with a crap squad that he somehow got playing out of their minds. This was good enough for winning the league regularly but once they sold Ronald and their centrebacks got old, the CL was not happening. Even their domestic cup record wasn't that good, aside from them winning some lovely League Cups.

Second, the team is now run like an American sport franchise. I don't want to effort post about this, but I could go on for aeons (get it?) here (especially given that this is the field that pays the bills for the Pituae posting brand and lifestyle).

Let's just say that American sporting business ethos doesn't slot in nicely within a big dumb football team that was run by a singular force like SAF.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ninpo posted:

Liverpool fan talking about a huge sense of entitlement :monocle:

to be fair, it's the same club that basically walked the league 25 years ago

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

This is the worst nickname, nobody can use it any more.

*in the Mark Chmura voice*
About drat time, jeesh!

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

lmao forever, just lmao

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

The Big Taff Man posted:

When you look at United its easy to see some real problems because not only did possibly one of the greatest managers of all time leave, but the structure of the club was changed the moment Alex Ferguson left. It wasnt just him leaving, you also had David Gill the Chief Executive, also left the club at around the same time as Fergie and so two of the most powerful men in the football club were gone. Replacing the most successful Premier League manager of all time was a guy who hadnt won a single trophy, and replacing David Gill was a man whose main experience was in the commercial and sponsorship field.

One of the major issues I was fed during my time as an ITK was that it wasnt just a new manager coming in that was an issue tho - it was also that Fergie was part of the club, had a finger in every pie - but with no real standard way of running things. I was told it was akin to coming into an office and being passed the last persons filing system but having no clue as to how their filing system worked. Moyes was constantly walking into errors off the pitch that he hadnt expected because rather than being a manager as he had at Everton he was now having to deal with a lot of aspects of different parts of running the club.

Moyes issues with the club on the pitch are well documented but having watched the matches last season there were a few things that were obvious. At Everton he dealt with a relatively much smaller squad, essentially around 18 players that kept the same rough side week in week out. At United he couldnt do this. The sheer number of games needed a larger squad and needed rotation. You look at Moyes early matches and the same team pretty much played in them, even when people were coming back from injury. Tactically he also seemed to make strange decisions, especially regarding subs. I can scarecly remember a single time that a Moyes substitution changed a game, (aside from him bringing on Fabio who then got sent off in the FA Cup and we spun out of that). I do think Moyes will do well at a smaller club again but its going to be difficult to recover from the battering he took because his reputation is in tatters. He simply wasnt cut out for the job, but I do think anyone would have struggled. Mourinho is the one who often gets touted, but he never had a chance. I was told Bobby Charlton who is a massive influence behind the scenes absolutely hates Mourinho.

On the chief exec side its really exciting that Woodwards work gained us a Official Paint Partner, an Official Tyre provider, and saw Mr Potato become the official snack of Man United. But he's clearly out of his depth in the role, and his work seems to have seen us fail on many transfers. Moyes himself recently admitted in an interview that during his period as a manager they went in for Bale, Ronaldo and Fabregas, and failed on all 3. My sources say Woodward seems determined to treat transfers as if they were sponsorship deals, which leads to long drawn out negotiations which havent ended up positive for United. Ive also been told that the Fellaini deal, which was Moyes only deal in his first window was only pushed through because Moyes himself got involved. Its interesting too that even the business done this summer has greatly been influenced by Moyes - Herrera and Shaw were both put in place largely in January, and Falcao is someone who was put on Uniteds radar by Moyes too.

pooshited

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

This joke started as funny and now has predictably been run in to the ground. No more "pooshited" in serious threads, you can thank Earthy Ape Unit for ruining everyone's fun.

I've done the world a service

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Pictured: Doctor extracting horse placenta for RVP, Rooney and Falcao

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

TelekineticBear! posted:

Bayern have produced a load of top quality players consistently im confused at any suggestion that they havent

Hrm let's look at the most recent winning side from the CL, prior to Pep's buying spree

Manuel Neuer (GK)
Dante
Franck Ribéry
Javi Martínez
Mario Mandžukić
Arjen Robben
Jérôme Boateng
Philipp Lahm (C)
Thomas Müller
David Alaba
Bastian Schweinsteiger

3 good players.......hrm, not a lot but decent..........maybe on the bench...

Tom Starke (GK)
Daniel Van Buyten
Xherdan Shaqiri
Claudio Pizarro
Luiz Gustavo
Mario Gomez
Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

well then......

Maybe Julian Green will save the day!

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

ephex posted:

Badstuber, Alaba, Kroos, Mueller, Gaudino, Scholl

Alaba spent one year at II after playing in Austria forever. Gaudino and Scholl still has time to be McEachrans. And sons of former players shouldn't count imho.

Don't get me wrong Bayern has been drat good at youth development but even they are a buying club at heart.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

ephex posted:

So? Hitler was Austrian as well.

Hey now no one is saying Alaba isn't really good

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

TelekineticBear! posted:

What would have happened if Moyes had been allowed to spend all the crazy amounts Van Gaal has, or was he allowed to and just hosed everything up?

By all accounts the transfer poo poo during Moyes'reign was in spite of Moyes' best efforts, not because of them. So watch what happens as United glide to a smooth 6th place finish this year, because that's what would have happened.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

thompson posted:

Is Falcao even match fit?

E: pooshited

haha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Can someone become the new gifman already it's been so long.

I'll do it, the Herefordshire tourism board is depending on me for our fall tourism campaign and more attention can only be good.

Also, drat Mario, nice.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/198665/mario-balotellis-new-4-75m-cheshire-mansion-looks-pretty-swanky-photos.html

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Eau de MacGowan posted:

id get a vasectomy too if someone paid me £16mil tbh

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If more Welbz apologists compare him to Sturridge we should have a challenge thread.

Tbf at first glance there are a lot of similarities.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Whoa we are getting dangerously off topic here lads, let's be careful we don't get 6 hour banhammers....

I think without football this week I am going to watch the Seahawks injure and maim the Green Bay Packers, then go for a cycle on Saturday, followed by getting together with my mates and watching the remaining NFL games on Sunday. It will be nice to watch a sport with a developed matchday concussion programme again.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

Guys if you want to post about weekend activities you can always come post in PWM. We're all friendly, I swear.

Not true! (the first part)

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
United is still poo, it's squad is like Real Madrid from 10 years ago shited out a stinky butt baby

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

FullLeatherJacket posted:

There used to be a lot of top footballers named Tony and now there aren't

Makes you think

Luca Tony is still kicking

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Shrapnig posted:

Goddamn that's a bad post.

Wow TFF is leaking

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Back when Tonys were good at foot Tony! Toni! Toné! Was topping the charts, really makes you think.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
loving hell poor Jovetic. His legs are like my posts - insanely good when available but out of commission all the drat time. Heartbroken for the kid but I guess it's time for more Dzeko (a good thing).

Earthy Ape Unit fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 9, 2014

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Sucks about those Queens.

God the international break sucks, at least I have Danganronpa 2 to see me through it.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bobby Digital posted:

In the US, but I'm pretty sure my girlfriend ordered me an Arsenal keeper kit with my name for my birthday.

I think I'll be too embarrassed to wear it. Maybe I'll frame it? I have no idea.

If you're that embarrassed by it, take off the Arsenal crest and sponsor.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Loads of people have names on the back of their shirts. If people ITT actually went to a match they might know that.

Their own names, not actual pro footballer names. Pro ones are everywhere and I own a few, whatevers.

Own-name kits exist, but are much more rare. And dumb.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Check that, I forgot I have two City kits, one with "PITUAE-69" and the other with "FAN-12" on the back.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

corn in the fridge posted:

i share a surname with a prominent English footballer and every now and again i feel like getting this name on a shirt but for the team i support and not for the team he plays for but at the time of posting i have not done this

Is your name Bob Lukaku?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Is the prem back on yet? Jesus Christ.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Brony Car posted:

Rodgers says that Emre Can is out for 6 weeks with an ankle injury and Joe Allen has knee issues. This has not been a good international break.

All international breaks are poo poo

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Ninpo posted:

I like it when you go on one.

Thanks. Actually I will be taking one in your neck of the woods soon. I will buy you a pint if you're around!

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

quote:

Falcao, formerly of Porto, Atletico Madrid and Monaco, will cross swords with opposite number Austin, previously of Kintbury Rangers and Hungerford Town.

lmao gonna be a poo poo 1-1 draw with each owner's box lighting money on fire just with different tools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Eau de MacGowan posted:

remember the last time falcao went up against a bunch of poo poo cloggers

his knee sure does

speaking of hot pockets blowin' up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYRAOy1_jo

• Locked thread