Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I don't get Mike Patton, and don't care enough to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He should do another EP with dillinger escape plan, that's the sheeit

you stole my words.... irony is a dead scene was very much my sheeit

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

THERE'S A TRACTOR IN MY BALLS AGAIN

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nostratic posted:

I saw Faith No More in... '91? The keyboard player laid down part of the way through the set and acted like he was having a seizure. He was wearing scrubs and a surgical mask.

That's all I remember.
my introduction to patton was tomahawk (had never heard of faith no more) when i was an angsty teen who listened to a lot of tool in the early 2000s.

tomahawk opened for tool in fort worth and patton made lots of redneck cousin-loving jokes and the band dialed up their instruments to be as painful to the ears as possible. they got booed. it was awesome.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

my introduction to patton was this cool dude at the music store that was basically my second home at the time. first california and angel dust, then lovage, tomahawk, fantômas, sc3 and some of the other web of mimicry bands like estradasphere. good poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dennis Eckersley posted:

Seriously, California should have been a lot more successful than it actually was. A great album.
I blame Anthony Kiedis being a petty man baby who can't take a joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ld87X3DP4
Waaaa Mr. Bungle made fun of us and River Phoenix

But then again I'm probably an insane person since I can enjoy Litany IV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaP8EwBJyWA

It's just sad that my brother introduced me to Mike Patton 3 years ago. I was 19 and he was like 14 and going to Primus concerts and listening to the Residents. I mean now he just goes to the record stores/library and gets all this batshit insane experimental music cassettes that he records for cataloging.

Khanstant posted:

Angel Dust is probably one of the only good things to come out of the 90s, best album probs for sure excluding rap to be fair.
Um excuse me King for a Day Fool for a Lifetime also came out in the 90s. Its basically a more accessible Mr. Bungle album and I love it since it every song is basically a different genre.

Can someone explain to me the problem Trey and Mike had that made them not work with each other till that Secret Chiefs 3 song?

Is Mike just a gigantic perfectionistic rear end in a top hat who like loving with/ pissing off people?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Please don't be aggressive, b-e aggressive (b-e a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Golem II posted:

Please don't be aggressive, b-e aggressive (b-e a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e)

Now everything's ruined.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
mit gas was pretty rad.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

achillesforever6 posted:

Is Mike just a gigantic perfectionistic rear end in a top hat who like loving with/ pissing off people?

Pretty much.

I wish him and Jim Martin would bury the hatchet, at least so Martin could guest on one or two new Faith No More songs. At least Martin is happy where he is now, raising pumpkins last I heard :unsmith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

mike patton hates his audience and it kind of rules.

good singer though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

good singer though.
He's seemed to mellow out judging from a lot of the FNM Reunion shows.

I really like the work he is doing for movie scores now.

I hope he does a couple of covers for the new album, because those are usually the best songs in his work.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Real Thing and Angel Dust are good albums. I guess I don't know how to feel about this. How often have reunion albums been good? Not that often surely.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the carcass reunion album was okay

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

good singer though.
i made a deliberate choice to avoid meeting the musicians i like, because most of them are giant pricks. exception are small (and i mean tiny) niche bands that are grateful someone likes them (but a lot of them are pricks too)

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

5er posted:

Now everything's ruined.

I'll just tell you what my father told me: you aint never gonna amount to nothin.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
mike patton = probably does a lot of cocaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7OjINAKC4

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

I thought he was anti-drug type guy; I mean maybe he has ADHD or something.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

whys he wearing a Fred durst costume

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

GORDON posted:

I'll just tell you what my father told me: you aint never gonna amount to nothin.

You keep coming back smaller and smaller and smaller.

The Whole Internet posted:

The Real Thing and Angel Dust are good albums. I guess I don't know how to feel about this. How often have reunion albums been good? Not that often surely.

Soundgarden's reunion album was awful, AiC's recent album was poo poo, and I have no faith (haw haw) that any band reunions out of 90s will put out any new listenable content.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

BigBoss posted:

It's nice to see Mike Patton crawled out of his own rear end in a top hat long enough to record a new album. :)

i'm kind of surprised. I was also surprised he did the reunion tours. he's essentially the black guy from police academy that makes all the stupid noises and instead of being funny with it, he's decided it's some serious form of musical expression and he's too good for the real world. It's a shame, because he can sing if he focuses his goony brain

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

i'm kind of surprised. I was also surprised he did the reunion tours. he's essentially the black guy from police academy that makes all the stupid noises and instead of being funny with it, he's decided it's some serious form of musical expression and he's too good for the real world. It's a shame, because he can sing if he focuses his goony brain
He should do more Mondo Cane, I do like covers of old Italian Showtunes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Faith No More had talented varied musicians and was Mike Patton's most digestible work, but despite that they still managed to do a lot of experimental work and genre melting.
Mike Patton owns and is incredible, Angel Dust is the best album of the 90's, King For a Day, Fool For a Lifetime is underrated, they are amazing live, and I am super hyped for their new album.

ZombieParts posted:

His vocals with Tomahawk on Mit Gas shows he can still do silly things and do amazing vocal performances, in fact, besides Fantomas he doesn't usually spaz out that much so I don't know what you're complaining about.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

faith no more is awesome, i hope roddy writes more songs since he wrote the best song on angel dust.

Omi-Polari posted:

i made a deliberate choice to avoid meeting the musicians i like, because most of them are giant pricks. exception are small (and i mean tiny) niche bands that are grateful someone likes them (but a lot of them are pricks too)

i dunno, i met deftones, coheed, and two members of orgy and they were all super awesome. haven't met an artist who wasn't cool.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I met Mike Patton and he's awesome, he's a very energetic dude and definitely likes to mess with people, that being said he was really nice and we had a brief discussion about Slayer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

I met Mike Patton and he's awesome, he's a very energetic dude and definitely likes to mess with people, that being said he was really nice and we had a brief discussion about Slayer.
He also likes to gently caress with the media which is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOXH9S40vU
He does seem like a guy who can leave a bad impression if you meet him at the wrong time.

JebanyPedal posted:

Faith No More had talented varied musicians and was Mike Patton's most digestible work, but despite that they still managed to do a lot of experimental work and genre melting.
Mike Patton owns and is incredible, Angel Dust is the best album of the 90's, King For a Day, Fool For a Lifetime is underrated, they are amazing live, and I am super hyped for their new album.
Where do you rank California, because that is also such a great album except for one song where its kind of boring, but the next song is Vanity Fair which is amazing. Man I wish I could have been old enough to see Bungle live during the late 90s, those concerts just look like a blast to be at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAw4cM_Uhc
Especially since you would also be getting random covers too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEGDe0LOeeI

I always wondered why Mike and Trey had a problem with each other though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

achillesforever6 posted:

Where do you rank California, because that is also such a great album except for one song where its kind of boring, but the next song is Vanity Fair which is amazing. Man I wish I could have been old enough to see Bungle live during the late 90s, those concerts just look like a blast to be at.

California is one of their best because it's incredibly focused and they pretty much perfected their genre fusions on that album.
None of Them Knew They Were Robots is one of my favorite Mr. Bungle songs. I personally liked Disco Volante the most though.

Yeah, and I totally wish I could have seen them, I've seen Tomahawk, FNM (this tour actually), and Fantomas.
I still have the slightest bit of (pointless) hope that there will be a Mr. Bungle reunion but obviously the chances of that are slim.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

5er posted:

Soundgarden's reunion album was awful, AiC's recent album was poo poo, and I have no faith (haw haw) that any band reunions out of 90s will put out any new listenable content.

the post-reunion carcass and godflesh albums aren't too bad, lovely pod farm preset guitar tone on the latter notwithstanding

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

California is amazing. I think the only song I'm not a fan of is Golem II, and even that is okay.

Vanity Fair owns. I think it's about getting your dick cut off though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Halloween is coming up and I think I'll just blare out Delirivm Cordia for the whole night.

• Locked thread