Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

EvilHawk posted:

We haven't even posted the team yet :effort:

If the BBC is to be believed that's a 4-3-3. I'd like it to be more of a 4-4-2 diamond and I think Chambers deserves the spot over Stones but hey no Gerrard or Lampard!

oh cool a team built entirely around shoehorning in as many attacking players as possible so you can drop sick bombs on estonia and paraguay and then get made to look ordinary by the first decent opposition you meet

if only more club teams tried this approach, i'm sure it'd work well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lol but imagine the outcry if hodgson actually picked a defensive midfielder or attempted constructive play

he's not even trying to score, someone go on the pitch with a shovel and put him out of his misery

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Wengy posted:

Nah, once you've realized they're all poo poo you can relax, lower your expectations, hell just enjoy the ride. It's the zen of hailing from a nation that's poo poo at football.

i've met scottish people

they don't seem enthused by it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

There's about 5 people at Wembley

there's at least 22

26 if you count referees as people

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

i just realised england are starting keiran gibbs lmao

hodgson thought he was oxlade-chamberlain

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I just put 10 quid on 10-1 and ten on 12-1 , wish me luck everyone

good luck, I hope the orderlies are nice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

remember when people said milner should be playing and wasn't as bad as all the other england midfielders and here he is being repeatedly dispossessed by the isle of man

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is that casillas

yes

also remember that they have de gea on the bench

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

he says, as if any loving analysis of anything has ever taken place on ITV

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

england's greatest ever player strikes again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Thirteenth Step posted:

11 men behind the ball, it's honestly hard as gently caress to play against teams like that especially when your team is poo poo and doesn't have a plan b

tbh I think england fans (i.e. idiots) turn on a garbage match where there's literally zero tension about the game and then blame the team for the fact that they're bored silly, as if brazil spain germany would make a match against san marino a great spectacle

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

holy poo poo, poland now a real country

will be sad when the russians invade

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

breaking out my "BUY ME A BEER I'M FROM ESTONIA" shirt right now

Estonian gods, I once bought this as a tribute to you crippling Ashley Cole, but Jack Wilshere still lives

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

14 fans from burnley, 88 from bradford

top top support

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

play up estonia

estonia play up

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

of course it's his loving goal how the gently caress do people get these jobs and not at very least pick this poo poo up by osmosis

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

JOHN O'SHEA, JOHN O'SHEA
RUNNING DOWN THE WING
SHOULD BE IN DEFENCE
DOESN'T GIVE A gently caress
JOHN O'SHEA
JOHN O'SHEA
WELTMEISTER

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Is this canon?

confirm, John O'Shea is now officially Weltmeister

Tim Sherwood is unemployed

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ahaha greece

top work

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gene Ricman posted:

Lallana, Chamberlain, Milner, broken Walcott, even Barkley would all be preferable options IMO.

But this is also just one of many, many England problems - the main one being the manager.

loving garbageman hodgson with his garbageman 100% record

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gene Ricman posted:

Yeah the 100% record against the powerhouses of europe ESTONIA, SAN MARINO, SWITZERLAND and now SLOVENIA
He is a terrible manager, easily the worst England have had since McClaren.

so, the worst out of two people, then

tbh he's an average manager of an average side, but I'm not sure what people would like him to be doing other than winning every game comfortably, or who exactly they'd like to bring in considering that England have gone for world-class managers twice and people still said they were poo poo and all the holes in the team didn't magically fill themselves

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

hint: the matches are boring because England have very little top-class talent, 90% of the opposition plays defensive football, and the actual quality level is below what you'd expect from the domestic game, so there's very little reason for either the fans or the players to really care about this poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Spangly A posted:

Imagine getting Welbeck, Sturridge and Berahino all playing properly, some phwoars could be had

That front line could slot in anywhere, perhaps even at Everton or Newcastle

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

im watching masterchef op, it said masterchef professionals but they are just chefs i was misled

i'm pretty sure "master" is inherently a subjective descriptor

although if you'd mastered the art you probably wouldn't go on a loving telly show to show people

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

fourth assistant, you had one job

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

remember creg gordon

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

I think you'll find that he is the number 1 at glorious Celtic Football Club.

do the scots still have football?

i heard they had doctor who now instead

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

track day bro! posted:

isnt wayne rooney irish

nah, but his dad lives in a caravan so he's eligible to play for them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

The U.S. is bringing on a kid who is in college for the first time in a long as heck while.

remember 20 years ago when people claimed the US would be not a football garbage nation by now

sucks to be them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

rickie lambert coming on

pretty embarrassing if you're scottish or pretending to be scottish right now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Ireland are gay pussies who didnt fight in world war 2 lol even mexico had a go

can you even fit an anti-tank gun on a donkey

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Even the scots are cheering for England now

secretly they always were

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

cant believe that portugal are down 2-0 to cape verde

imagine having the best player in the world and still being this much of a failure nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ephex posted:

portugese arent even real people, they are like spanish gypsies or something

i don't know what you mean ma

• Locked thread