Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you sleep?
Fetus
Log
Freefall
starfish
goatsxe
Soldier
In a bed!
Like the gayest goku
View Results

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
DO YOU LIKE TO SLEEP?

9/10 doctors say that you should sleep everyday!

quote:

From his survey of 1000 people, some bro identified six positions and claimed to detect personality traits based on them:[1]

Fetus (41%) – curling up in a fetal position. This was the most common position, and is especially popular with women.
Log (15%) – lying on one's side with the arms down the side.
Yearner (13%) – sleeping on one's side with the arms in front.
Soldier (8%) – on one's back with the arms pinned to the sides.
Freefall (7%) – on one's front with the arms around the pillow and the head tilted to one side.
Starfish (5%) – on one's back with the arms around the pillow.
The remaining 11% stated their position varied or did not know. A Canadian survey found very different preferences, with 39% of respondents preferring the "log" position and 28% preferring to sleep on their side with their legs bent.

--- Wikiwiki

Freefall sleepers and cat lovers are the only people I want to know.

quote:

The sleeping position is the body configuration assumed by a person during or prior to sleeping.

It has been shown to have health implications, particularly for babies. Research by Chris Idzikowski, the director of the Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service, has suggested that the choice of position may indicate the type of person the sleeper is. - Wikikipedz

Do you do anything weird before going to bed?

I like to watch boring documentaries before I go to bed.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I sleep in a pile of corpses

dead corpses

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

100mg of doxylamine, 3 beers and some weed

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Quickscope420dad posted:

I sleep in a pile of corpses

dead corpses

why u say dead corpses? corpses are inherently dead

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
On a large pile of money, with many beautiful women.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"Sleep is for the weak"
-- Moses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Majere posted:

Nice. :dance:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Majere posted:

just asking!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
What's the name of the position where you move into whatever makes your back hurt the least because that loving taxi was driving on the wrong side of the road; gently caress you human being taxi driver.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
10mg zolpidem

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
focus on my breathing then everything goes black and its 5 hours later.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I sllep in the great fart cloud of Oort

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

With your mom op

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
5mg of risperidone and 100mg of trazodone. It keeps the sickness away.

Yearner here. Usually also with the upward facing leg with the knee cocked up to above my waist.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Badly.
Often involving long periods of laying awake waiting for my brain to shutdown.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

like this

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So free fall means you're more likely to be a goon. Also there was no spooning oh god my arm option.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Gay.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the best way to fall asleep is to be very bored so my advice is read the op's posts

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Freefall all the way, though every now and then I sleep in a way I don't see listed here. It's sort of a half-fetus/half freefall/half log.

It's sort of fetus in that I'm laying on one side but not at a completely 90 degree angle, it's shallower, maybe like 35 degrees. Let's say I'm laying on my left side: My left arm will stick straight out and my chin will slightly rest on it. My left leg will stick out a bit forward with a slight bend at the knee. My right arm will either be nooked into the armpit/chin of my left arm (half fetus) or straight along the side of my body (half soldier) and my right leg will rest lightly on my left leg with a sharp bend.

I only ever do that though when I'm in that lucid dreaming state you get on those mornings where you don't have to get up so you just stay in bed a little longer half-awake/half-asleep having the weirdest loving dreams.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BombiTheZombie posted:

why u say dead corpses? corpses are inherently dead

makes it sound more goth-cool, poser

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Jesus Christ posted:

I only ever do that though when I'm in that lucid dreaming state you get on those mornings where you don't have to get up so you just stay in bed a little longer half-awake/half-asleep having the weirdest loving dreams.

is good poo poo, lately such dreams all seem to involve me committing career suicide in a spectacular fashion. but what does it mean?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wherever I pass out.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
How do people fall asleep on public transportation? The only time I ever have was when I had been up for like 30 hours and was trying to get to a city I hadn't been to before. I hopped on the train mostly empty train and and the next thing I know is the conductor waking me up saying it's the end of the line. I ask where I am and he says that I'm in loving Luxembourg some 200km away. Took the wrong loving train.

That was a loving expensive ride back home.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
I literally sleep on my back with my arms across my chest like I'm in a coffin.

Sometimes I wake up with my arms crossed or fingers locked and my hands/arms are tingling. A therapist tells me I'm likely getting a tunnel syndrome which is causing the tingling.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Piearesquared posted:

I literally sleep on my back with my arms across my chest like I'm in a coffin.

Sometimes I wake up with my arms crossed or fingers locked and my hands/arms are tingling. A therapist tells me I'm likely getting a tunnel syndrome which is causing the tingling.

If youre a back sleeper then you snore.

I hate snoring.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Jesus Christ posted:

How do people fall asleep on public transportation? The only time I ever have was when I had been up for like 30 hours and was trying to get to a city I hadn't been to before. I hopped on the train mostly empty train and and the next thing I know is the conductor waking me up saying it's the end of the line. I ask where I am and he says that I'm in loving Luxembourg some 200km away. Took the wrong loving train.

That was a loving expensive ride back home.

what's even weirder is that his departure city was Miami

shits hosed up

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I used to sleep like that and I had a dream where I was fightings somebody and we were grappling trying to choke eachother out and I woke up with my hands on my neck strangulating myself

what does it mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I used to sleep like that and I had a dream where I was fightings somebody and we were grappling trying to choke eachother out and I woke up with my hands on my neck strangulating myself

what does it mean

spoiler: literally all dreams mean that you are gay

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

psyopmonkey posted:

I hate snoring.

I snore on my loving side. I snore on my loving face. I can even snore when I'm loving sitting up in a chair.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

by reading your posts

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

sleep is the escape from the horrible life that i live

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
people who sleep on their stomachs scare me and should be locked up

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I close my eyes and wait for sweet unconsciousness to take me.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
ambien

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When I went into class this morning, the instructor said she didn't sleep last night. I said the same, having been awake since a little after midnight. Another student said he didn't sleep at all. One by one, we discovered the entire class did not sleep last night. :psyduck:

2spoopy

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

w/ a d in my b

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

I hate snoring.

good thing you never share a bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

freefall or yearner

how is "the log" possible if you have two arms, wouldn't this be the solution to spooning if it felt at all comfortable??

• Locked thread