Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
German bombers, because I want to see you fly a Gotha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Aww poo poo. :(

The damage modeling in this game is incredible. There's nothing cooler than lining up a deflection shot, unloading some rounds, and seeing one of their wings start to peel away, sending them into a death spiral. Good poo poo.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I'm down to fly, if it's not too late! If you need in-game names, it's TheShineNSB.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I've never flown it, so apologies in advance!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Whoops, I don't have the pack this plane comes in. Count me out :(.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Splode posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/splode26/

streaming. DH2 practice followed by Endman's mission. Feel free to watch Galaga Galaxian's stream if mine is broken

:munch:

e: GET HIM SPLODE!!!

e2: LMAO at the lawn dart dive

Shine fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 13, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Endman posted:

I'm not sure why Saint Mihiel isn't a priority for a lot of people. It's probably the best value DLC pack since you get four planes + all their mods + an entire single-player campaign.

I know a bunch of people have just Channel Battles, Furious Wings, and Birth of Warbirds, because those were in an absolutely ridiculous "bundle deal" thingy. Like, all of those for $5.

I loaded up on gift keys during that sale, so if anybody posts a picture of themselves holding a joystick and a sign that says "JOIN THE ROYAL FLAMING LAWN DARTS" I will PM them a set.
Note: you can't use the Steam keys in the non-Steam version of RoF.

Endman, if you have the Steam version and don't have one of those packs, lemme know.

e: all gone!

Shine fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 22, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Endman posted:

You're the best, Shine. :3:

Thanks for the offer, but since I am a paragon of fiscal responsibility I already own literally all of the DLC.

For those wondering:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

McNally posted:

Done and done.

Sent! :britain:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Now imagine somebody shooting foes at half that range in much faster planes and doing so 350+ times. What the hell Erich Hartmann. :psyduck:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Ygmir posted:

This all seems really cool, I would like to sign up to be a Pilot.

This is also done by me.

Sent!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

RedLobster posted:

Gonna ram me some Germans

Zephirum posted:

Sign me up to shoot some GERRY WANKERS.

Sent!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Galaga Galaxian was kind to remind me about this. Here's my contribution with my CH Fighterstick. It's 1/5 of my total set, I have the CH Rudders, Throttle, Multi-throttle, and the Yoke system. It's pretty much my pride and joy!

I look like crap from chiseling cinderblock all morning and I might have had a few beers already as well.

Sent!

I have the CH stuff, too (Fighterstick, Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle) and yeah, it's hella dope. I can't fly for poo poo but at least the stick feels nice!

warhammer651 posted:

used an index card because I lack anything bigger. College dorms are loving tiny.

Sent!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm starting to wonder just how many sets of codes you picked up during that happy hour craziness, Shine.

A lot.

Dooky Dingo posted:

So, what kind of picture do I need to post to get a joystick? :dong:, :sonia:, or :goatsecx:?

Shine posted:

I know a bunch of people have just Channel Battles, Furious Wings, and Birth of Warbirds, because those were in an absolutely ridiculous "bundle deal" thingy. Like, all of those for $5.

I loaded up on gift keys during that sale, so if anybody posts a picture of themselves holding a joystick and a sign that says "JOIN THE ROYAL FLAMING LAWN DARTS" I will PM them a set.
Note: you can't use the Steam keys in the non-Steam version of RoF.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's super simple, :justpost:

Not pictured, my 1942 Luger

Sent!

dtkozl posted:

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just about the bundle, which is what I own!

Sent by mistake because I sent PM's before reading things! Mind just sitting on those so I can give them away to the next participant?

Abongination posted:

Figure I'll get in on this, would be nice to have some variety in planes.

On joystick chat, I bought a Saitek F.L.Y 5 for $50-60 or so a year ago for IL-2 and it's been great for me. It's got twist grip and the throttle splits into two halves so you can use one for mixture or radiator or whatever.

You're too cheap for plat so lemme know your email address and I'll send it that way.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Abongination posted:

Bought Plat so consider your duty to the forums done for the year.

Cheers!

Sent; Lowtax's alimony thanks you!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Another Otter posted:

Behold my amazing fanart which took 3s while I was waiting for my webcam to work.

I'd love to play right now but my rig is still waiting for parts to arrive. At the moment it's just this X52 pro but I'm looking to get some pedals so I can actually have some semblance of rudder control.

Sent!

dtkozl posted:

Yeah I wont touch them.

Cool, thanks.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

bobthethurd posted:

I've been head over heels for DCS, but it doesn't give me that dogfighting thing I want quite as well. I'd love to get in on some of this.

If you have any of those codes left, Shine, here's a thing.

Friar John posted:

Alright, I may not be well-equipped, but...

I swear my room is better lit than what it looks like!

Sent! You guys almost had me fooled with your mid-90's email masking that totally works against bots. Friar John, I send you just a Channel Battles key that I had left over from a previous goon who didn't need that particular package.

I'm running out of packages and would like to save those for people with joysticks. Sorry gamepad guys. :(

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

:siren: One bundle left! :siren:

e: all gone!

Shine fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 22, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

pun pundit posted:

Am I too late to the gravy train?

No, but the Canada Post is. Sorry, MohawkSatan :(

Sent!

All gone. For those who missed out, RoF usually gets discounted pretty heavily during Steam Sales, and in the meantime there is still the free version on the RoF website which comes with two planes, including one of the best in the game (the SPAD).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

German bombers because then you can dogfight your own plane.

• Locked thread