Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in as W.D. Lord III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't use Steam for ROF it's a pain in my opinion.

I use these guides for plane buying.

Short of it is you can get through entire war for $14 dollars with the British (Pup -> Triplane -> Camel). For Germans you can go through most of the war with DIII -> DVa -> DVII , adding in the E1 and DII if you want some early war loving.

As far as money sinks go, it's still far better and cheaper than say FSX, iRacing or even Battle of Stalingrad at the moment!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Germans and Scouts

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Splode posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/splode26/

watch endman embarrass himself trying to take off in the Gotha!

:pcgaming:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's what I loved about Red Baron 3D - getting a high enough rank to smoosh together different combinations of other people's planes to get a hideous looking custom aircraft.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This has no throttle, right?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:negative:

edit: Press A to Take Off.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
One Tip Sperglords Hate!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Splode posted:

I can take off in the D.H.2 reasonably easily, but not with a strong crosswind. Anyway, that last mission was great!

It was like having sex for the first time, I was too busy taking it all in to actually hit anything with my pea shooter.

That's how sex works, right?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Galaga is pretty pro tier ROF.

edit: Ahh that ending :allears:

Seeing myself fall out of the sky was pretty funny too.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 14, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

Don't worry, we didn't end up recording anything for the LP anyway.

Oh thank god for that.

I lectured the other two about the finer points of criminal law, took off then promptly declared "welp, see ya later" and afk'd.

Top quality stuff.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder when Weed Lord III will go up in smoke, so to speak. Died as he lived and all that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The other problem is when you add planes to a flight PWCG doesn't flag them as COOP playable, and in two seater squadrons it tends to only create flights of two or so.

Which just means 2 pilots 2 gunners. :getin:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Unofficial rule is if there is only one plane left it's a race to see who can jump in the gunner seat and shoot the remaining guy down. Headshots are quickest, but shooting off both wings is the funnest.

edit: I have the Camel down sort of. I can shoot people down and get out of spins easily.

It's just not getting in them that's the problem.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 18, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Endman you are far too much of a gentleman for not complaining each time I attacked your target or flew dangerously in front of you. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Appropos of nothing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
After dicking around for an eternity, a brave flight of aviators took off to engage a balloon.

After coming across two flights of albatrosses, Goonflight lost one man to mid air collision instantly, one spun to the ground and crashed, one pilot got killed with a bullet through the head and spun to the ground, one went into a spin all his wings before he could recover and one blew up his engine and landed safely.

All in the space of about five minutes.

:911:

and edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaylord_Perry

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobthethurd posted:

That is a much better name from my point of view than Cadman Argentein and Cadman Page. Both of whom died in their first mission because goons are horrific bastards and we were flying Camels. To be fair we got jumped by two squads of Albatrosses, but it really was over before it began.

We killed the hell out of a bunch of Halberstadts and DFWs though. Some people actually survived those missions. I think in the patrol against the DFWs we ran into two squadrons (18 planes) and left with 8 kills and no one dead.

I'm now an ace, buddy, and don't you forget it! And here you are saying that it was the end of our best pilot in our squadron. :colbert:

I'll say it again, it takes some skill to hold a camel steady, shooting a nearly defenseless target without spinning to your death.

That was fun we should do it again :)

edit: does the camel throttle not drop below half?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a sneak preview of the video.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
All I'm saying is check the subtext of Bertie and Biggles' relationship. :shrug:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You shot down Mops, you bastard!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Disney :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Neruz posted:

While amusing and cartoonish at first I think they are actually relatively correct; I remember reading about how some pilots actually did throw bricks at each other really early on.

Yes that's why I posted it! Plus I just adore the animation style of that time.

And of course "Fritz isn't just a square head, he's a hot head"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Splode (during last co-op): "When landing I do that thing where you try and crash into the ground but pull up at the last second"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Splode posted:

yeah and while we're at it lets add random mechanical failures :suicide:

With the lewis gun it'd be a random failure where the gun doesn't actually jam.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Old Reliable. Nearly 15 years serving/flying. :911:

I got rid of my Microsoft Sidewinder when I stopped having com ports and couldn't plug it in no more.

Also Extreme 3D Pro User Here also.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I want a char named Baron von Wreckedoften.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Das Flaming Lawn Darten?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
ahahaha amazing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hark! here come the bombs here come the bombs here come the bombs here come the bombs (repeat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

We killed the LP asking for Gothas. :smith:

Actually that's not what killed the LP

• Locked thread