Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My word. It seems quite tough to actually hit anything with that Lewis Gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Splode posted:

"I can't see anything because my face is covered in oil"

"Well I can't see anything either, my face is covered in blood"

It was a jolly good time

I thought you were exaggerating. Apparently, WWI aviation was a hilarious, bumbling comedy of errors.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I noticed you weren't actually using the gunsight to aim, but rather the center of the fuselage, during the train caper. Is the gunsight completely inaccurate?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sign me up to die horribly in a poo poo kite with tractor engine innit. Can leave off the ill-advised 10194, of course. I don't own a joystick or the game, so I can't do co-op stuffs, but you can at least have someone named after me suffer a sudden and inexplicable lack of wings/oil/blood.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, unfortunately the stock AI doesn't have much of a concept of energy fighting in RoF and it most just turns into spiraling turn fights towards the ground. I believe some people have tried to mod it to "Boom and Zoom" more with limited success.

I thought BnZ was more of a WWII tactic, as it was, with the higher altitudes and sturdier planes, while biplanes were legendarily nimble, just comparatively slow and fragile?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RAF and BOATPLANE BESTPLANE!

We need all the Boatplanes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eh, you got four confirmed kills and three balloons. If every pilot did as well as you, the air war would be over already!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am ready to die for king, country, and the surely excellent and clear reasons we're fighting this war! For poor little Belgium, smash the Hun!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I got one! And I'm not dead! Sure, it was a piece of poo poo Fokker Eindecker, but c'mon!

Why am I not dead?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wonder if 100% more guns, 50% more wings will lead to 150% more deaths/kills?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's required to step in someone's gunner seat and try not to shoot their tail off? Just a mouse and a mic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endman posted:

Hey guys, sorry if I've been a bit slack on the updates recently. Life + new computer bits + youtube not working + general laziness means I'm just getting around to sorting out an update for later today.

As long as many planes die, you will be forgiven forever. Forward, Flaming Lawn Darts!

• Locked thread