Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
If it's not too late, could you add me in as a squadron member?

Seriously tempted to buy this game, I've been looking to get back into proper flight sims after playing War Thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Seconding the Thrustmaster T16000m. I've only just gotten mine but I really like it. The buttons and trigger are a little plastic-y but the control and accuracy is really nice. There is a throttle on the stick which I don't mind, because I don't feel I need a HOTAS setup yet.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
German two-seaters

Let's see some Roland/Halberstadt/DFW action!

I'm down for both AI and co-op participation.

Grumio fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 13, 2014

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I wish we had the Spad VII with Guynemer's 37mm cannon :(

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Endman posted:

...we're gonna need a new squadron name.

Gotha Hell

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Neruz posted:

I get the feeling that you want to build up quite a bit of speed before you try and take off with those planes...

I've never flown one, but there's a good tutorial here (like all of Requiem's videos):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbyeTdw33Xc#t=121

The gist of it is the Gotha likes to pull to one side or the other, coupled with very poor rudder authority. You'll start trying to yaw to compensate, but it won't help. Coupled with poor centre of gravity, it means the aircraft loves to crash on taking off. The solution is to roll the plane opposite to the direction of yaw.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Abongination posted:

This should be stamped on the pilots console.

My first on-line engagement were a pair of Gotha's that panicked on my wildly inaccurate attack run and tore themselves to pieces before I could get a second run.

Took me bloody 15 minutes to climb up to their level the bastards! They eluded me.

Maneuver kill :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
It's a Christmas miracle!

• Locked thread