Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I'm in for co-op if the schedule and timing allows it! I've everything but the latest bundle released in steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Which, I should point out, means that you -will- encounter Werner Voss when you're flying a quick 'Get used to the new aircraft we've given the squadron' sortie that has the objectives of 'Do whatever you want.'

My poor career pilot spent 5 months of 1917 in hospital.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
That crash was my favorite kind. By which I mean one where the plane doesn't explode.

*Clunk*

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Bottom of the board? Well, the only way is up!

Or down. On fire.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
So I just did a quick take-off and intercept in the DH.2 because I've not flown it in a while.

Remember: When attacking two-seaters, you're defending your engine with your life.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Abongination posted:

That Requiem guys video's are fantastic for learning the game, only watched a couple so far but it seems like someone needs to mail that guy a TrackIR!

He's got one, don't you worry.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Ah that's fine. Your rear wheel is already a skid. Now you've just got another one.

I've started a DH.2 career to get used to the plane, and while I love it when I see a bundle of E-III's flying around, I can't help but sigh every time my flight goes for a bunch of Rolands.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Agreed. I can't fight the hun because I'm fighting the forces of 'a vent not being properly fitted I swear I'm going to punch the goddamn duct fitters.'

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
That looks like the kind of range you START to think about firing at the enemy. :colbert:

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is it as irritable to handle as the better known Dr.I Triplane?

Not at all. The Trip is a goddamned PLEASURE.

Sure, she likes to stick-shake in turns that an albatross could make in its sleep, but that's why you kick the rudder full to the left or right and laugh as suddenly your horizontal scissors drops you onto their tail time after time after time. Pretty dang stable, and can suddenly be going vertical before the pilot behind you knows what the hell is going on.

(Basically I fly the trip not as a pilot, but as a drift racer who accidentally started playing the wrong game)

Edit:

Stupid plane get in way of bullets to pilot. Drift sideways alongside albatross, solve problem!

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 20, 2014

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
"After hunting and killing its prey successfully, the Sopwith Triplane is known to put the carcass on display as a warning to others. This buys it time to relax, recuperate, and refuel."

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Oh hey, I temporarily lost my job so it looks like I can finally join in co-op without having to mutter from the workplace when the posts appear!

No I totally didn't plan this SHUT UP.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Ringo Star Get posted:

When are you guys flying usually? I don't start work until 1pm CST generally.

I think I might claim the fastest death in a Camel, I started a quick sortie and decided to dive a bit and pulled up and stalled all the way down to the earth from 1.5k meters. Holy poo poo I can't believe such a plane exists.

If it makes you feel better I tried a quick flight in a pup after not using it for a while.

I snap-rolled to get an albatross off my tail and snap-rolled my wings RIGHT off.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

bobthethurd posted:

I've been head over heels for DCS, but it doesn't give me that dogfighting thing I want quite as well. I'd love to get in on some of this.

Bob wasn't kidding. I think we racked up 4 ish+ hours of training flights and AI dogfights last night.

Edit: And added a new lexicon term of 'Camel'd it!'

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, funny thing about the Triplane and how pleasant it is to fly... it has the same engine as the Camel.

For some reason, I manage to gently caress myself over in the trip way more than the camel nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I never have my view lined up to the sights unless A) The camera defaults to it and B) I still have good visibility. Usually I'll just fire off a burst or two on the ground at full zoom, see where the tracers go, and memorize it.

• Locked thread