Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was so much cooler when we thought that dinosaurs looked like reptile monsters and now they just all look like penguins.

It's also much cooler to think that T Rexes were awesome hunters but scientists keep trying to tell us they were probably cowardly scavengers that couldn't chase prey because if they fell down they couldn't get back up.

Basically paleontologists need to stop ruining dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

what's the point of a 12 foot tall 7 ton scavenger, evolution

stop loving with us

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

you wouldn't believe how disappointed i was when scientists decided to to put iguanodon's awesomely metal nose spike on its thumb

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
thank god dinosaurs had feathers now we can finally stop pretending they "went extinct" like retards watching jurassic park over and over

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Is the Calvinosaurus still okay? :ohdear:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Ka0 posted:

thank god dinosaurs had feathers now we can finally stop pretending they "went extinct" like retards watching jurassic park over and over

that's actually true, it makes dinosaurs a little more wimpy but birds a little more cool

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Birds while interesting are no where near as cool as dinosaurs.

If I had a time machine the first thing I'd do is go back in time to gawp at dinosaurs.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
if things keep going this way creationism's gunna look cooler than science

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ughhhhh I would be ashamed to be eaten by this thing.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

zoux posted:

This is BYOB's state bird

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zoux posted:

Little thalidomide flipper forearms.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

zoux posted:

Pussysaurus

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Dinosaurs without feathers look like plucked chickens.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks like that smarmy kid in JP was right:

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have been living under a rock and didn't know this, not sure how to feel about this revelation...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Most people might feel letdown to discover that velociraptors were actually little small turkey birds but luckily for y'all there is an irl dinosaur that is almost identical to the JP raptors called deinonychus.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

zoux posted:

Most people might feel letdown to discover that velociraptors were actually little small turkey birds but luckily for y'all there is an irl dinosaur that is almost identical to the JP raptors called deinonychus.

Are they clever girls?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

zoux posted:

Naw Deinonychus would only be up to your waist

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I'm sorry that the awesome poo poo evolution does doesn't impress you.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I've always thought birds have creepy eyes, now I know it's because they're fondly remembering their glory days of gobbling helpless mammals

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Naw Deinonychus would only be up to your waist

You don't know how tall I am.

Utah raptors were real big surely there's a medium sized scary dromisaurid dino.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
why did they have feathers tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sekkira posted:

I'm sorry that the awesome poo poo evolution does doesn't impress you.

Awesome poo poo like the fact that poo poo sticks to human anuses and the human back as well as bugs and spiders eh?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Torka posted:

I've always thought birds have creepy eyes, now I know it's because they're fondly remembering their glory days of gobbling helpless mammals

Goats are the same way. Every time I look into a goat's eye, I see nothing but demon horns, brimstone, and intestines.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

zoux posted:

You don't know how tall I am.

Utah raptors were real big surely there's a medium sized scary dromisaurid dino.

Achillobator probably fits the bill for JP plucked chicken raptors.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ahundredbux posted:

why did they have feathers tho

It regulates temperature

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FYI this is the official dino thread so you can talk about such good dino topics as:

your favorite and least favorite dinos
why did they go extinct (or become tiny lame birds) though?
who would win in a fight between dino x and dino y

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
it's lame as poo poo your mom has feathers

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

ProfessorMurder posted:

Every time I look into a goat's eye, I see nothing but demon horns, brimstone

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Achillobator probably fits the bill for JP plucked chicken raptors.

That's a cool name for a dinosaur but why does the wiki scale drawing have it holding a purse?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

zoux posted:

who would win in a fight between dino x and dino y

dino goku and dino superman

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
More pictures

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I once knew a guy that seriously said "Don't feather my Yoshi!" when I told him that dinosaurs had feathers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gohmak posted:

More pictures

This large fella preparing to take a white and green poo poo out of its cloaca because birds is named "Irritator" because the dudes that discovered it were irritated because they thought the original fossil had been hosed with.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow posted:

It regulates temperature

Big dinos would need something to warm them up

Lizards just bask but the 7 ton monstrosity would need a boost to get them going

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

Big dinos would need something to warm them up

Lizards just bask but the 7 ton monstrosity would need a boost to get them going

Uh are you saying that you think dinosaurs were cold blooded?

shas
Jul 27, 2011

chickens can be vicious fuckers and i can imagine a flock of them eating u whole starting w the eyes

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

T-Rex's couldn't even jack off

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

scientists put all the old cool dinosaurs on pluto and then kicked it out of the solar system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

zoux posted:

Uh are you saying that you think dinosaurs were cold blooded?

they were. the feathers and body size made their core temps stable, but there was nothing endothermic about them.

• Locked thread