Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Steak Justice posted:

It was hysterical because they tried to build it up as some big deal that he could do it but then it turns out it basically was used for nothing.

naruto.txt

Seriously, the world and supporting cast had so much potential, but it was all squandered. I think I would have stuck with the series if the story focused more on the highly specialized ninja teams undertaking missions with their varied and unique abilities. Instead, with the exception of a few bright spots, the supporting cast was ignored and made insignificant by Naruto powering up DBZ style.

In other news, I'm really enjoying your videos. I love all of the puns, and I'm getting to catch up on the story that I missed in a very pretty way. Seriously, this game is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

TCat posted:

Yes. "Implied". Even though she's the only female in the series with an actual legitimate reason for being barred from screen time.

Which is?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Could someone explain the Free references?
Otherwise, I'm loving the fact that you guys are punning a million miles an hour. I could watch pretty much any game with that commentary.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

FutureFriend posted:

honestly if it helps any i dont know half the time what those three are joking about with all that anime chat

I pick up on most of it, I just forgot about Free! I haven't really tried to watch anything new in the last few years, and my roommate who funneled news to me moved away, so it's easy to forget about newer stuff.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I wasn't really a fan of the whole Itatchi turn. I'm curious how much of this the author had planned in the beginning. It feels like he saw the popularity of Itatchi, and wanted a way to make him a good guy after all so the fans wouldn't feel conflicted about liking him. Then an IMMORTAL FOUNDER man shows up and eventually does some really dumb stuff. It all seems like a cop out to me.

I feel like I enjoy Naruto for everything that doesn't deal with Sasuke or Naruto. I would be curious to see how the show fared with an extended Baccano/Durarara/Pulp Fiction flow where we get to focus on the setting and side characters, whom are interesting and have creative powers as opposed to Naruto and Sasuke just powering up DBZ style until the end.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It's even better. I misread it! They're actually Narutimate Storm. I'd show you the Japanese boxart for UNS2 to prove it, but it kinda has a spoiler.

Is it really a spoiler when it's the promotional material for the game we're currently playing? If you're in the country and wanted to play the game then there's no way to avoid it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Yeah, his write-ups are useful for people who want to experience the entirety of the series vicariously through this game.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

So why wasn't Jiraiya resurrected?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It's a stretch, but let's do it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

- Series starts. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura get teamed up under Kakashi and do some missions. Some say the series peaked here.
- All baby ninja across the land come take part in an exam to rank up. Orochimaru is introduced and gives Sasuke the curse mark he uses for power.
- Said exam is halted by Orochimaru killing the Third Hokage and kidnapping Sasuke. Naruto and some friends give chase to retrieve him to no avail. Naruto and Sasuke have a fight.
- Naruto starts training under Jiraiya, and Sakura starts training under Tsunade. This is important because 3 of the greatest ninja ever in the village all have proteges.
- Time skip
- Here we are.

I think that's pretty much the jist of it. There were some cool fights, but everything is so terribly paced that I can't even go back to watch it through rose tinted glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Thanks for the LP. It was nice to catch up on one of my teenage interests, made more bearable with puns. I'll take archives, if that's cool with you. Also, I think you may have gotten my reference slightly wrong, but who's counting.

• Locked thread