Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Nidoking posted:

The "fix" is to make interesting things happen in the anime series, if there's not enough manga to fill the time. Or go on hiatus and wait for the manga to catch up - except that the more popular the series is, the less willing the studio will be to let the anime version get behind, which means that the better the manga series is, usually, the worse the anime will be. It also helps if the series isn't particularly tied to a straightforward story, letting the studio slide in filler episodes liberally without actually diverging from the original plot. Anything by Rumiko Takahashi is perfect for that.

Although studios are perfectly happy to utterly demolish the current story in favor of slipping in a filler arc (see: Bleach's Captain Amagai Arc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

Was he the random captain in that forest of Menos Grandes in Hueco Mundo? I seem to recall that was the moment that I finally said "Okay, I'm done." with the anime.

I still read the manga though. I know, I'm dumb.

Nah, he got an entire story arc... that just appeared in the middle of the Hueco Mundo arc, took place back in the soul society, and acted as if it'd come just after the Soul Society arc rather than in the middle of another arc (Rukia had just been "killed", as had a few others by the Espada... but were perfectly fine for Amagai's arc).

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Maybe when they make good Bleach or One Piece games. Fight me. (I've never seen games for either franchise so I dunno)

That said, not saying it's particularly good, but it exists.

• Locked thread