Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

TwoPair posted:

The most recent episode is about what I've seen of Naruto (the actual anime), and it's what really made me seal my hatred for Naruto (the character). Gaara is dead, everyone knows this, multiple people have said it, but Naruto continues to yell at his dead body to get up like that'll do the trick. Then after the old lady offs herself and isn't moving and Sakura says that it wasn't a medical jutsu, he still can't connect the dots and has to have people spell it out explicitly for him that the old lady is dead. Naruto is a guy who wants to be president of ninja, yet his ability to understand death is on par with a first grader.

I stopped watching and reading somewhere around manga like 500, Naruto is dumb as poo poo, and it show's he's a complete idiot when it comes to actual common sense or really any practical knowledge that would be needed for Hokage, but what he lacks in book smarts, he has in on the fly complete sanity lucky planning and his insane ability to understand jutsu. I think he's really less stupid and more he's just really emotional and it shows, honestly, I don't think it's that his ability to understand death is low, more that he doesn't want to understand it. On the note of Gaara being dead, that's an entirely different thing, Gaara is very similar to Naruto, so they share a sort of bond, being Demon containers they showed off in the show that they had somewhat similar childhoods, except everybody just jeered and mocked Naruto, and they flat out tried to murder Gaara, so the connection there is pretty deep on some levels, having just gone through a death in the family last November, there's a period of time spent doing much Naruto does with Gaara in that scene, wanting to yell and scream and hope your loud enough to wake the person up, followed shortly by the realization afterwards, they aren't getting back up.
TLDR : Naruto is dumb as a loving rock, but incredibly lucky, and sometimes, you don't want to accept death, not to sure on the old lady though, he knows death is, but gently caress if I know what was up with that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Neruz posted:

Yeah, when Ninja get really serious about trying to kill each other you have to start redrawing the maps. I am not being facetious; a serious fight between high level ninjas typically rearranges geography rather significantly.

An example of this is the forest surrounding Konoha, yeah you know that big seemingly endless forest? That didn't exist until the First Hokage made it. He made an entire goddamn forest that covers something like half the country just so he could hide a ninja village in it.

If I remember correctly, that valley that Sasuke and Naruto fought in, was a forest once, a big one. The First Hokage had a fight there with Madara Uchiha and they literally fought that huge loving canyon into existence with jutsu and crazy eye magic
Edit: Spoilered that just incase

JackNapier fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 18, 2015

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
Honestly, the Kage's are a terrifying loving concept, and the people who stand on their level are even more so, The First Hokage could make forests with a flick of his wrist, his brother the Second Hokage could make loving oceans without a thought, The Third Hokage in his prime was like a walking rear end-kicking machine, and the fourth Hokage could literally teleport and kill and entire army in seconds, I mean poo poo, Kimimaro made a literal forest of loving bones and he was pretty much dead for his fight with Rock Lee and Gaara, the kind of damage that powerful ninja can accomplish when they are truly trying to kill each other is like act's of god randomly appearing in the universe, hell, the First Hokage's fight with Madara is like the equivalent of dropping a nuke into a canyon

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Gantolandon posted:

What they couldn't, however, is actually ruling their village, which is something Kishimoto never really acknowledges. Origin of most Big Bads in the entire series could be traced at some point to some stupid decision made by the Third, including Orochimaru, Itachi, Danzou and loving Pain.. The Fourth Hokage until the end didn't seem to realize he is also the leader of the village, not only its strongest fighter (not to mention he's responsible for our favorite villain). The previous Kazekage managed to alienate his own son so much that he nearly became a threat, instead of an asset for the Sand. Gaara and Tsunade are probably the only Kage who aren't downright terrible leaders.

Well, to be honest, none of them weren't very good at ruling their villages because honestly, they were all at war while they were "in office" the only one of them that had any peaceful moments was Sarutobi, and quiet frankly, he was a loving relic by the time he died, Tsunade could learn from the mistakes of the four idiots before her, the only Kage besides her and Gaara that strikes me as competent is the Raikage, A, because jesus Christ, he was less a figurehead and more a wrestling machine from hell, paired with his brother B

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Neruz posted:

Sweet, well in that case there should be at least one decent One Piece game.

One Piece Unlimited World is pretty good

• Locked thread