Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Ohrmazd: M:(15/15)E:1; S:(10/10)E:1; I(7/7)E:0; XP:0

Ohrmazd sits, attempting to meditate on the world, but every jolt sends him crashing into the sides of the hackney, or worse the others.
"Is there no faster, or at least more stable way to reach our destination? I do not wish to complain but this is not the most comfortable method of transportatio-" a sudden lurch sends him crashing into Paschal. "My apologies. But I haven't been this uncomfortable since..." he thinks for a moment. "I do not even recall when. This certainly is a new experience then."

pre:
Tier 1 Glaive
Background: Biomechanical Modification

Third Eye Closed	Third Eye Opened
Effort		1			1
Might		15/1			15/1
Speed		10/1			12/1
Intellect	07/0			07/0

Armour: 	0			1
Cypher Max: 	2			3

Practiced With All Weapons

Skills:
Jumping					Jumping
Deception, Sneaking and Camouflage	Speed Defense Tasks
Charm, Perception and Etiquette		Visual and Auditory Perception
Knowledge, Memory or Lore		Non-combat Speed and Reflexes

Inabilities:
Speed and Perception			Deception, Sneaking and Camouflage
					Charm, Perception and Etiquette
					Knowledge, Memory or Lore

Fighting Moves
No Need for Weapons
Trained Without Armour
Shroud of Flame (1 Intellect)

Equipment
- Clothing
- Explorer's pack
- A handful of small blue stones that randomly turn into sacs full of water. 
They appear to be drinkable if you open them while in their liquid state. 
- Fireproofing Artifact
- 10 Shins

Cyphers
Emoacoustic Weapon Level: 8 Wearable:Mask Usable:Handheld device 
Effect:This device allows the user to change the emotion of a single target 
in short range with a sonic burst that only the target will hear. 
The user can choose one of these emotions or states: anger, despair, fear, 
joy, calm, great hunger, and sexual arousal. This artificial state lasts 
for ten minutes (or as the situation afterward dictates).

Fallback Clone: (Occultic) Level:10 Wearable:Two headbands 
Effect:To activate this device, the user must place a few drops of blood, 
strands of hair, nail clippings, or a piece of flesh in a sealed, water-filled 
tank with one of the headbands and wear the other one. The headband in the 
tank facilitates the rapid growth of a clone in one month. The clone is a 
fully grown creature, identical in every physical way to the user. 
However, it has no consciousness and remains in a comatose state in the tank. 
Once the clone has matured, if at any time the user dies while wearing the 
headband, her consciousness is transferred into the clone, regardless of 
distance. All skills, abilities, and knowledge are transferred.
The user does not need to wear the headband throughout the process (if, 
for example, she is worried about her cypher limit), just at the beginning 
to spur the clone's growth. However, if she dies while not wearing the headband, no transfer occurs.

Data Mine (Occultic) Level: 2 Usable:Electronic bracelet,
Effect: Allows the user to tap into the mind of anyone in visual range 
and steal the target's knowledge of a skill that it is trained in. The 
user becomes trained in that skill for one hour. During that time, the 
target loses its own training in that skill. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Annoyed by Eater's jibes, Ohrmazd swings himself off the hackney at Paschal's request.

"A lever would be helpful. I must admit, I have tired of performing all manual labour without aid. I may appear strong, but even I have my limits." A frown appears on his face. "Do not mistake me for a machine or thrall. I am Ohrmazd, and I am no one's slave." A moment later it's gone again as he reaches the back of the hackney.

Seeing the pulling muck surrounding the wheels, Ohrmazd is careful to avoid getting mired in it as he goes to reach the carriage's axle. Unfortunately this seems a bit of a losing proposition, and soon his bare feet are caked in the stuff. Still, he has reached the wheels, and planting his feet on two mostly solid pieces of ground, he gets ready to lift the hackney.

"When you are ready, give the word, and it shall be done."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Hearing Paschal's echoing cries, Ohrmazd releases his grip on the axle. "Paschal! I shall be there momentarily."

Running across mud may be a foolish action for most to perform, but Ohrmazd barely notices now that danger has reared its head. He swiftly crosses the short distance between him and Paschal.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Ohrmazd: M:(13/15)E:1; S:(10/10)E:1; I(7/7)E:0; XP:0

Finally within range of the Drebil, Ohrmazd tries to grab it by its wings, attempting to pluck it from the air. When he gets a firm grip on it with one hand, his other grasps the other wing, and Ohrmazd begins to tear them off the poor beast.

Attack roll 15. Ohrmazd applies Effort (2 points of might thanks to his Edge), cauing his fists to deal 7 damage, or 6 after armour.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Ohrmazd: M:(12/15)E:1; S:(10/10)E:1; I(7/7)E:0; XP:0

When the Drebil speaks, Ohrmazd drops to his knees in shock.
"My gravest apologies. I did not realize you were not am enemy out to attack us." he extends a hand, open palmed to it. "I am not from here, and your kind were not known to me. I offer you unreserved apologies."

He looks over his shoulder at Paschal. "Fear is the mind killer, it makes some cry out when they should be silent, and others attack when they should be still."

Still, no sense letting Paschal do all the work himself, Ohrmazd returns to the axle of the hackney and, when Paschal inserts the lever, lifts.

Spending 1 Might to lift the wheels out.
The hackney unfortunately does not move. Doubt. Ohrmazd realizes it almost at once, a weapon almost as dangerous as fear, and far more insidious. He slumps to the ground. "I... have failed. My strength is no longer my own."

Tindalos fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 10, 2014

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Ohrmazd finally speaks up. "Only of the recently deceased? I can imagine that may be what is causing the problems. After all, while a recently fallen human is hard to tell from a live one. It is the decomposition of a necromancer's charges which aids his fell reputation."

"Still, I suppose since introductions are in order, I shall not conceal mine any longer. I am Ohrmazd. A wandering Glaive who awoke in a glass tube. Now, I am certain this has illuminated you all into my nature." a smile passes his lips. "At least as much as I know of it."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Ohrmazd goes forth to shake Kula's hand. "It is good to encounter a vessel of another's light. I would like to meet your lord, he sounds worthy."

"Of course, I am sure he is busy watching the rites of your dancers. Instead may I ask you about this city. It seems a wondrous place filled with many numenera. I presume its history is glorious and accomplished to match them?"

Tindalos fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 23, 2014

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Seating cross legged upon the ground, Ohrmazd takes a cautious bite of the fish. Then smiles. "This is surely a great gift from your lord. This meat is delicate and incredibly delicious. I imagine this brings in quite a lot of wealth for this city. You have shared your bounty with us, and treated us as honoured guests. I pledge to repay your respect by any means I can."

During the night, Ohrmazd sleeps, but fitfully. From the darkness of his buried memories arise images. Black and white compared to the many coloured now he sees by the light of day. Pursuits and battles, wars and crusades, cities consumed in flames. Numenera and flesh, intertwined, rejected, and reshaped.

Dawn finds Ohrmazd awake, watching the fishermen go to earn their lives on the seas. A Golthiar. The name rings no bells, but Ohrmazd takes comfort in that. Few things are known to him now, and if the Golthiar are counted amongst these unknowns, it means the Ealdorman is less likely to be an enemy.

When the others are up and outside, he voices his opinion. "We should visit the shrine. The Ealdorman may be there, and it is as good a place as any to begin."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Unimpeded by any strange feelings, Ohrmazd in fact feels rejuvenated, the town hall making everything seem safer to him, for some unknown reason.

When he comes face to face with the Ealdorman, he isn't even phased, but bows deeply to him, it?

"I think it is more the other way around Ealdorman. I am traveling as a companion to this man, Charus Loryn." he gestures to him while keeping this new arrival firmly in his sight.

Ohrmazd thinks to himself "The Priest says they communicate by colour. How much does that eye see. Were it not too dangerous, could we commune together if my eye was truly open as well?", Ohrmazd considers this while the others introduce themselves to Stenwith. He racks his mind, did he ever encounter these in his world?

Testing Intellect for Golthiar Lore: 5

Tindalos fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 3, 2014

• Locked thread