Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
sparty/ducks, usc/stanford look appealing, the rest should be some fun blowouts. wanna see more a&m and some maty mauk.

i loving hope yall are ready to watch wazzu/nevada tomorrow so you can savor what will inevitably be a meaningless win in a bowl-less season. watching the air raid torch some shitass team is always fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As high as people were on Solomon after UNLV, I felt like he made the same mistakes in that game and just got away with them because UNLV's secondary was at least a step slower than UTSA which meant that Arizona's receivers were able to make plays to fix his mistakes. There's still a lot of potential there, but I don't know if he's ready. Then again, this might be a year better spent on trying to get him experience since a bowl looks like a longshot anyway.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
An interesting Deadspin article about whether the 'Gameday Curse' is real. Can you guess which team is the only one to have had at least five of their games featured on College Gameday, yet have never won?

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-...dium=socialflow

It's Texas A&M

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Small sample size, Georgia's probably the most Gameday-cursed. I remember the crowd at UGA/LSU Gameday last year begging Corso to pick the Tiger head.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
There's a T-shirt designer somewhere who doesn't understand why this shirt just isn't selling...

http://www.amazon.com/Trojans-Bear-Fight-T-Shirt-X-Large/dp/B00LV3IP1G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409936995&sr=8-3&keywords=usc+shirt

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Small sample size, Georgia's probably the most Gameday-cursed. I remember the crowd at UGA/LSU Gameday last year begging Corso to pick the Tiger head.

None of A&M's losses are all that bad. They're last year against Bama, 2012 against Florida, a couple losses to good Oklahoma teams (2006 and the 2000 champs) and a mid-90s loss at Colorado.

Georgia's Gameday history is stock full of absolute bloodbaths (think '12 South Carolina or the Blackout game against Bama) and monumental screw-ups (the '02 loss to Florida that kept the Dawgs from playing the U for the championship).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D.N. Nation posted:

and a mid-90s loss at Colorado.

I kind of want to go find this game and watch it to see what it looks like now. A&M all defense with an option offense I think? Colorado actually a good team.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I kind of want to go find this game and watch it to see what it looks like now. A&M all defense with an option offense I think? Colorado actually a good team.

A&M was #3 going into the game; Colorado was #7. Can't find any YouTube highlights of the specific game.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I just saw the score from last night... what happened to Arizona? Did they just suck or is UTSA decent or what? Didn't UTSA pound Houston in week 1?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

90's A&M looked a lot like peak Beamerball.

Fisticuffs posted:

I just saw the score from last night... what happened to Arizona? Did they just suck or is UTSA decent or what? Didn't UTSA pound Houston in week 1?

Yes and yes. It really wasn't that big of a shocker, Arizona was only favored by 9.5 going in. They were kind of a combination of poor and unlucky, kicked 4 field goals inside the 20 yard line. As much as I like UTSA, I think this was the closest it ever would have been had they played ten times.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 5, 2014

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
It was a three-point game. That's a pretty safe assumption simply given how rare safeties are

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Frackie Robinson posted:

As much as I like UTSA, I think this was the closest it ever would have been had they played ten times.
I disagree and think UTSA could have won that game. If not for UTSA shanking an extremely short field goal in the fourth quarter we could have had overtime, and overtime is enough of a crapshoot that UTSA could potentially have won there.

Overall, it certainly was more a case of 'Arizona played poorly' than 'UTSA played exceptionally well,' but as we all know, most teams have an unlimited potential for choking games away.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 5, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It everyone fired up for some ACCk-tion?

BC vs Pitt tonight.

Pitt up 3-0

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That was a beautiful FG.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Holy poo poo.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Great defensive work, Panthers.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It feels like there are 800 Florida transfers who are starting QBs elsewhere.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Somebody needs to teach BC what a tackle is.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That's an unfortunate penalty.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Go BC? Hell I dunno...

Oh and hey, CJ Spiller rewteeted me today... Just another Friday :smug:

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

checking in to say:

eat poo poo Pitt!

And I used to live in Cleveland Circle (not far from BC's alumni stadium), so gooo Eagles :)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
3 SEC teams in the playoffs. :lol:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Pakled posted:

3 SEC teams in the playoffs. :lol:

Our dark, dystopian future.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I don't even care if the Cougs lose I just want it to not be embarrassing. One year of non-embarrassing football from my alma mater, that's all I ask for.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
A v. nice pick

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
BC lookin pretty dominant.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This Pitt/BC game is somewhat lower quality football than I'm used to seeing.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

panascope posted:

I don't even care if the Cougs lose I just want it to not be embarrassing. One year of non-embarrassing football from my alma mater, that's all I ask for.

You lost to Rutgers last week, that ship has already sailed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Like, this BC quarterback would have trouble throwing the ball into the ocean from the beach.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Except to when comes to actually scoring points...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It still amuses me to no end that Pitt has a kicker named "Blewitt."

Pakled fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 6, 2014

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Deteriorata posted:

This Pitt/BC game is somewhat lower quality football than I'm used to seeing.

It's two teams that both went 7-6 last year. What exactly did you expect?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

We eat each other alive in this conference

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

7-6 in the ACC

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I dunno. Something superior to the Cheyney vs. Lincoln DII game from last night, anyway.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BC's end-of-half strategy does not seem to be working out.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys remember Jeff Jagodzynski

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:fork:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Almost time to head out for the NV/WSU game. I have WSU shorts from when I attended their Tri-Cities campus so I might wear those along with the white Nevada T. Looking forward to seeing the scoreboard break from all the points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Pakled posted:

lol

SpiritualDeath posted:

Almost time to head out for the NV/WSU game. I have WSU shorts from when I attended their Tri-Cities campus so I might wear those along with the white Nevada T. Looking forward to seeing the scoreboard break from all the points

lucky fucker i'd love to be at that game. got my halliday jersey on, making brownies and getting ready to lose to another terrible team :w00t:

• Locked thread