Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
It's OK, the game is just trying to wean you off of synched up EXP bars... as violently as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Old Greg posted:

I'm surprised there was never an equipment-loss event in this series now that I think about it. How did post-game EO1 not have "This flesh wall has a glimmering hole haha a hellsquirrel steals your first party member's pants. Also his skill points. And it's yes or no go ahead pick one haha"

No, no don't say that. They're always listening, you know.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Motherfuckin' Gilbert, RNG Champion. Nothing feels better than not dying when stuff like that happens.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Finally caught up with this after not having a computer for 3 weeks, and I'm glad to see 1st Turn getting some use. After playing through Persona Q and a new playthrough of EO4, I gained a very real appreciation for turn manipulation skills and the difficulty in balancing them. Here, they tried to balance 1st Turn by attaching it to the Survivalist and requiring points to be put into garbage skills , and it takes up your characters turn. In Q, they did the opposite: Made it available from the very start of the game as a free action that doesn't take a character's turn and only expends 1 easily filled burst gauge, then made nearly all the enemies weak to instant death.

I think EO4 got it right, ditching the awful pre-reqs, putting it on a useful class, making it take that character's turn, and just not letting you use it till level 40. It was still really good and directly responsible for my victory over the last 2 bosses of the main game, but I never felt like it completely outclassed all the other skills my Dancer had.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Is this a half-Atlus where you just get into a fight either way, or is it the full-Atlus where it's a blindside no matter what you do?

• Locked thread