Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

thefailtrain posted:

I don't think so, since the clinic was merged with the Inn. Unless the lady with the stew pot that ran that place was a cameo...

Do you have a picture of her? Cause if it's Naomi then that is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Wait so the dinosaur dinosaur doesn't even drop anything? Harsh.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Oh Atlus :allears:

And yet in a later game they add a class literally called "farmer", don't they?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm all for hard games, but this seems a bit... unfair.

Every time someone says this, an Atlus dev gets his wings.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If the doctor is Derek Stiles then that letter might be talking about the minister of health from TC. Basically the dude caught a Pempti GUILT (a giant blue mass with a regenerating core) and the team did not know how to treat it at the time. After opening him up twice, your lab tech finally got a laser which can stops its regenerative properties, but by that point the minister was too far gone. He lets you operate on him anyway because he wants his sacrifice to save lives. AFAIR he was the only person to die from GUILT in the series.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Libluini posted:

What series? What the hell are you talking about??

Trauma Center, a surgery simulator with boss fights.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I need this game. :magical:

Just be sure to play Second Opinion (which is a remake of Under the Knife) as it is a hell lot kinder than the original, along with a bunch of quality-of-life improvements. Don't worry, there is still hard mode and the :suicide:X missions:suicide: if you like your balls crushed. Under the Knife 2 is a direct sequel to SC/UtK and is also very rad.
Trauma Center: New Blood takes place years in the future with an all-new cast only a few call-backs to the previous games. It's also balanced for two players and has some really bad design. You can do it solo, but I wasn't as big of a fan. It's a good game, but a mediocre TC game.

Trauma Team has pretty much nothing to do with the rest of the series (except for Naomi Kimishima and a call-back at the end) and is a more grounded look at the world of doctorin'. Gone is time slow down and virus parasite boss fights mostly. So now you have to diagnose patients as Spike Speagal in the role of Greg House, do :argh:Endoscopy:argh: as the daughter of a ninja clan, perform orthopedics with RAWK SAWLID precision and do autopsies with the help of your phone that picks up people's last words (These missions are a real downer, fair warning. People die horribly :smith:). There's an over-arching plot which I will not spoil as it is really loving good.
It's way easier than the rest of the games, but it's really good.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

The way this game checks for map completion is by checking if your map is accurate enough, and if you've stepped on most of the tiles of the floors. You can't just paint in the tiles even if you see them. No, you have to step on them. Oh, and the 7th and 8th floors are riddled with damage tiles. You know, the places people will deliberately try to avoid? Yeah, it's dumb.

Does anyone like damage tiles? I mean be honest. They don't seem like a challenge they seem like a "gently caress you for exploring". Especially in something like Strange Journey.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Treasure would probably make the girl the happiest.

And it's not like TP is a problem for you with that trick, right?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Guys I think we should give Fetus some proper front-liners now :ohdear:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh I thought the dude was gonna sell you a Warp Wire, just to rub it in. Huh.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't get this game. They tease you with the doors for the whole game and when you can finally open them it's not worth it.

And then Atlus presents invisible pitfalls because Atlus.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sneaking a post game boss behind you is a bitch move. Game had it coming. Justice was done today, all is well :colbert:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can someone explain what happened in Etria? In spoiler tags if you need to.

VV :psyduck: what? That makes no sense! What about all the monster parts for weapons?
And if you're going the "realistic" route what about studying the ruins of the previous civilization, one that was FAR more technologically advanced?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 23, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

And nobody is going to tell the Duke's daughter that the Grail is incomplete?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Hahahaha loving Atlus.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The waiting wyvern can keep waiting.

Save the kid

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

...Well at least you have turbo mode...

...right?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

You people are jerks. :argh:

Blame yourself or :atlus:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Apparently whatever's in the box is worth dying for

Let's honor his wish

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Floor 28, Warp on square 3C (?) then head 17 steps left/west

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I knew they would force you to explore floor 27 some more. A mercifully short area in the postgame? Hahahaha

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah pretty sure that's an inachevés

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

pnumoman posted:

LPer's Choice, please. I want to see the true ending and that's about it, so any fun party shenanigans you want to do are fine. And if you don't, that's fine too.

Yeah, if before it was fun to see you roll in agony with a bad party, this just looks tedious. Roll with something that balances time and challenge to your liking.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

And the "ultimate" weapons ALL have a weapon speed multiplier of 0.1!

...why?

Is that a programming error?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

(Okay, I was trying to avoid cheating in this LP, but I really didn't want to play through all that again.)

It's totally cool. Anything to do with data recovery is fair game :)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo you mapped all of it :aaaaa:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Voting for the Mystery Box option C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Now do it at night for extra street cred!

• Locked thread