Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Nick, the dark hunter, portrait 1

A recent trainee in the ways of the dark hunter, Nick took a look at the names of techniques and decided he wanted to be one. He is always talking about dominating, along with other skill names that I won't spoil. Needless to say, he tends to creep everybody out.

Ironically, his greatest fear is pain - he is terrified of getting even a stubbed toe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Ah, all the xp bars lined up identically in lockstep. Won't be long before sudden deaths and desperate victories send them all in disarray.

I have to assume that the Highlander being alone in the first part of Untold is just to screw with people who think like that. Like me :negative:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm sorry BlazeEmblem, but I don't think the monsters liked your character all that much. :v:

That's what happens when you only spend 15 seconds to make a one-note character. The game has turned him into a punching bag to compensate. And I'm loving it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I don't care about the others, but put Nick in both parties. For maximum deaths.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Lets go with Bellamy, Maverick and Aegis.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Libluini posted:

Huh. Didn't know that. And according to wikipedia, the name of the medic's damage skill (Caduceus) is practically the original Japanese name of "Trauma Center". That's kind of neat.

Caduceus is the name of the group of medical experts in the Trauma Center games, so the reference was still kept. Maverick's Healing touch is also from that series, where it could stop time.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Pauline, Maverick and Bellamy.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

mycot posted:

I can't tell if those things are owls that look like butterflies or butterflies that look like owls.

I think they are owls - at the very least, enemies in other games that look like them are owls.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Fedot, Gilbert, and Aegis.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

The whistling bird's feather, because it sounds the most interesting. I forgot if there was a best prize for this or not.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Nick, Bellamy, and Frederik.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Feinne posted:

Okay another thing Persona Q has needs to be in the next EO game and forever more pop scare FOEs.

No. Never. That should never be a thing again :cry:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Moriyana can be pretty annoying, but they also are one of the only enemies that require that you kill them with their weakness to get their conditional. Almost every other enemy needs you to kill it with something it resists.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Use the bow.

I loved the ending to the fish quest - you see that the herbs are still held in the hand of the man's severed arm, so you would think that the adventurers would just bring back the herbs. But nope, you bring back the entire arm, freaking out Cass for no real reason other than being dicks to him.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Nick, Fedot and Maverick.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

Megido - I believe we get the word Armageddon from the Greek New Testament; Megido means strong, apparently (from what my research says). Armageddon is thought to be the final battle between God and Satan, where Jesus and the Antichrist will face off and stuff. God's side will win (because they have the backing of, well, a God) and Satan and his crew will be thrown into Gehenna, an eternally burning lake.

It's also a place. I think that's where Armageddon is supposed to start (but I can't remember where I heard that).

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Secret areas.

If you keep the party you have for more of the stratum, they might need the stuff you find in those areas.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

tithin posted:

We really need an :atlus: emoticon

What would it be? Matador laughing at you?

Anyway, Nick, Gilbert, and Maverick.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Theantero posted:

Pauline, Bellamy, Gilbert :getin:

Quoting is so much easier than writing it out myself.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

3 of your choice.

It is way too late to still be letting us pick your party.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So you have to get to round 12 without killing the bats to see them - sounds like it`s the game`s way of telling you you should go to a lower floor and train more.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

SomeMathGuy posted:

Aliara, Bellamy, Pauline

I really enjoy watching this game get routed.

Another vote for this.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Another vote for 3 of the original five, but your pick for which ones.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Another vote for the Original Five. Might as well end it like it began.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

A life in the balance. Don't make the party a bunch of jerks.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I got to 77 before I gave in and used an Action Replay. The grind wasn't too bad, as I was just killing the bosses, sleeping for 14 days, then repeating, but it still got too tedious after a while.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Option 2

And if it doesn't win:

Fedot, Aegis, Maverick, Ken, and the level 4 Dr. Fetus character.

I mean Aliara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also I have another issue and that is that I lack a thread title. The current one I have in mind is Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City. So yeah. I guess people can try to come up with one, and whoever comes up with the one I actually use will gain special privileges!?!? I dunno. Point is, I don't have a thread title in mind, and I would like a nice one.

I don't know how you would make the thread title around it, but I suggest using Drowning in Choices.

The choices being the route split.

Anyway, congrats on finishing the LP!

• Locked thread