Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Duro posted:

I thought Julian was the one actor that visibly aged the worst out of anyone, though Lucy gave him a run for his money. Everyone else looked exactly the same so it didn't feel like a bunch of old timers doing a reunion show

Yeah he really got 'spreadhead'(that thing where a guy sort of puffs out into his grownup middle-age form, like how Alec Baldwin's looked forever and Matt Damon got in the last few years)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

That was a damned good season of Trailer Park Boys, better than the previous finale series, and so much better than I expected it to be. I thought the puppet nonsense was going to be as unfunny as it was in the past, but I ended up giggling at it quite a bit. And I agree that this season was raunchier than before, but not so much so that it was a turn off. I cannot wait for S9.

I can't seem to convince my sister that Bubbles doesn't have Down's syndrome, though I have to confess that viewing him through that lens makes him even more endearing.

Unless I completely misread it, we can expect Don't Legalize It to hit Netflix pretty soon. I hope so, because I hear good things about it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Don't Legalize It hit iTunes the same day S8 went up on Netflix so it might be a bit before it shows up

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"Don't Legalize It" is the best of the TPB movies by a landslide. The continuity is always nebulous but it definitely happened in the timeline before S8. Was a good release schedule on their part (it premiered back on 4/20)

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

precision posted:

the beer gut of nightmares, Randy actually doesn't look like he's aged much.

I was disappointed by Randy's gut. I remember there was one season when Randy's gut was at it's peak. I think it was when the camera showed his gut sticking through the window of the shitmobile. It really looked incredible. Like, the skin was so tight, the sun was reflecting off the top and the belt was 6 inches inward.

I'm shocked you guys didn't like season 7. I really thought the episode when Sam kidnapped the greasy Phil Collins was the best one of the whole series.

"Awwwww poo poo. We hosed her, Ran! Lez go down n see what liquor we can salvage."

Such a shame Philadelphia died, in real life. Him and Randy with their guts side by side was so perfect. His accent was awesome, as was the way his character was pretty drat stupid but not Ricky levels of stupid. He was sort of a lovable shlub who's actions never made any sense, in the best ways possible. The fact that he happened to be bouncing a ball down the street while Randy and Leyhe were tied to the roof of their trailer had me laughing harder than it should have. "This is my parking lot! I sell mackerel and blueberries! Hayyyy bubs! Wanna buy some trout?"

It was incredibly disappointing not to hear a single "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM" from Jacob in season 8.

cname fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 9, 2014

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I didn't think about it, but you're right, the lack of BAAAAAMMMMS, is terrible. I also miss Philadelphia Collins. Are you looking at my gut?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a businessmafk, I'm a business, mafk!

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I think another reason season 8 felt different was that they changed the music blasting from Cyrus's Vette!

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

gileadexile posted:

I think another reason season 8 felt different was that they changed the music blasting from Cyrus's Vette!
Cyrus playing The Final Countdown on his car horn made up for that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lahey's "shitfisher" story was loving amazing.

I'M THE SHITFISHER, JULIAN.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Kind of stupid that they rehashed the Dublin special into an episode, but Little Ricky is the best joke in the whole series.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

JackBadass posted:

Kind of stupid that they rehashed the Dublin special into an episode, but Little Ricky is the best joke in the whole series.

I liked it, there were a ton of funny gags and it was a lot funnier seeing them do their show in front of a bunch of kids than an actual live show. I thought the season was really really good, lookin' forward to season 9!!

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Presale for tickets to see the boys live is on right now.

https://tickets.rickyjulianbubbles.com/

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

its finally back

I loved bubbles in this season. But then again, i've always loved bubbles

:allears:

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
This season was great, huge improvement over season 7.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I liked it, there were a ton of funny gags and it was a lot funnier seeing them do their show in front of a bunch of kids than an actual live show. I thought the season was really really good, lookin' forward to season 9!!

Yeah. I mean it certainly wasn't bad, but it was something I'd already seen.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So wait, what happened with Ricky's medical license from Don't Legalize It? It never comes up in season 8 for whatever reason.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So wait, what happened with Ricky's medical license from Don't Legalize It? It never comes up in season 8 for whatever reason.
I figure that's probably why they moved it to honey oil, because that's still illegal, but Season 8 was my first Season, and I've binge watched everything up to 407, so I can't remember if they still treated him growing like it was a problem in Season 8.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SALT CURES HAM posted:

That's why Lahey needed to gather evidence all season. Ricky retired from growing.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Short Penguin posted:

I loved bubbles in this season. But then again, i've always loved bubbles

:allears:

Bubble's "HELP GET ME NAKED!" scene was probably the best of the entire season, I laughed like hell. Even right after that with Julian and Ricky blazed in the car, them giggling through "What are we supposed to get?....oh right, 22 loving bottles of crab shampoo"..............

"I hosed up, you gotta do it"
"I don't want do it"
"You were the one who promised Bubbles"
"Fine, but I'm doing it my way" *pulls out gun*

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Amused to Death posted:

Bubble's "HELP GET ME NAKED!" scene was probably the best of the entire season, I laughed like hell. Even right after that with Julian and Ricky blazed in the car, them giggling through "What are we supposed to get?....oh right, 22 loving bottles of crab shampoo"..............

"I hosed up, you gotta do it"
"I don't want do it"
"You were the one who promised Bubbles"
"Fine, but I'm doing it my way" *pulls out gun*

Pills to make your fenis bigger.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

JackBadass posted:

Pills to make your fenis bigger.

Lahey's giant boner was hilarious.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

sleepingbuddha posted:

Lahey's giant boner was hilarious.
I also love how Randy acted surprised that a 70 year old alcoholic might need boner pills to get it up.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm glad that Ricky continues to be the funniest character to ever grace the television.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Celery Face posted:

I also love how Randy acted surprised that a 70 year old alcoholic might need boner pills to get it up.

He just wanted a Boner made of love.Is that so wrong?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

I figure that's probably why they moved it to honey oil, because that's still illegal, but Season 8 was my first Season, and I've binge watched everything up to 407, so I can't remember if they still treated him growing like it was a problem in Season 8.

I don't remember off the top of my head when, but I remember Randy or Lahey saying something about it at some point in season 8. Also, he has an entire medical grow op setup at the end of Don't Legalize It that got mysteriously replaced for season 8.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I always just assumed the movies weren't canon. Also note that Bubbles doesn't have his bushouse. No explanation for Randy and Lucy's baby though, nor do I really care.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe I forgot about baby Randy.

"I banged Lucy and knocked her up...no big deal."

"You look me in the eyes right now and tell me I'm the father of your yet to be unbornt baby."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I've been using Ricky's "Get two birds stoned at once" for a while. Surprisingly few people try to correct me.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I've been using Ricky's "Get two birds stoned at once" for a while. Surprisingly few people try to correct me.

"Worst case Ontario" is my absolute favorite Rickyism

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Jehde posted:

I always just assumed the movies weren't canon. Also note that Bubbles doesn't have his bushouse. No explanation for Randy and Lucy's baby though, nor do I really care.

I don't think the movies have ever been canon. So much happens in each one that doesn't correlate to the series.

Bubbles living under J-Roc's deck in Don't Legalize It is one of my favorite things ever though. Never fails to slaughter me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Which season was it that they made it explicitly clear that Randy and Lahey were "together"? I could have sworn it was completely ambiguous for a very long time.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

precision posted:

Which season was it that they made it explicitly clear that Randy and Lahey were "together"? I could have sworn it was completely ambiguous for a very long time.

Pretty sure it's season 3, The Delusions of Officer Jim Lahey. It's the one where Cory or Trevor drive a car through Lahey's trailer and discover Randy in the bee costume and he announces they're gay and together.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

precision posted:

There's a season 1 episode where Julian finds them about to gently caress in costume, but they don't admit it until season 3.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

-Atom- posted:

"Worst case Ontario" is my absolute favorite Rickyism

Also an amazing band name, right up there with "Victoriaville."

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I hate to say I todeaso but I fuckin I todeaso

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
donald/donna loving sucked though

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

bonzibuddy64 posted:

donald/donna loving sucked though

I just like how completely obvious it was to everybody but Randy that they were the same person.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
My favorite is "It doesn't take rocket appliances to _________"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

"Me Ricky! Me like drugs! Drugs! Drugs! Drugs! Drugs! Drugs!"

• Locked thread