Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

liquorlanche posted:

In regards to "Don't Legalize It," The Bubbles side-plot was really intense. First time TPB has brought me close to tears. Loved how they set it up so you get super emotional over the goodbye scene only to be brought right back to the reality of the show, with Lahey and the "white liquor."

I love love love love love that Rickey just yells at wolves and they understand him and leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

AUTOTUNED TOILET posted:

I love love love love love that Rickey just yells at wolves and they understand him and leave.

Alright, I'm going to watch this right now. That's hilarious.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

AUTOTUNED TOILET posted:

Haha this sounds amazing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Coked up Lahey was the best part of Don't Legalize It by a wide margin.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Xmas special is up on Netflix, ya greasy bastards.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

DangerDummy! posted:

The Xmas special is up on Netflix, ya greasy bastards.

Is there a new one? I've already seen one where Julian steals presents and the final message is "Christmas is about family. Family and dope. We shouldn't be spending Christmas all stressed oot. We should be spending it gettin drunk and stoned with our loved ones."

I've also seen "Dear Santa Claus, Go gently caress Yourself" when they came to Boston on tour. Not sure if you're talking about either of these or if there's a new one out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's the original one.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

They just added Swearnet Live, too. It's not very good. I gave up during the segment with Leigh and his documentary.

Was the Drunk and Drugs Funtime thing any good?

divx
Aug 21, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Because Cory & Trevor were unceremoniously written out of the show after S6 with a horrendous behind-the-scenes explanation and the plot got inexplicably wackier and severely unmoored throughout.

That being said, this is still one of the absolute funniest scenes in the entire history of the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7nHKUAGyC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3sJ4DELdpc
:colbert:

DangerDummy! posted:

They just added Swearnet Live, too. It's not very good. I gave up during the segment with Leigh and his documentary.

It wasn't funny but it was worth watching

divx fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 5, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DangerDummy! posted:

Much of it was cringeworthy and not very funny, but the sheer ambition of what they were attempting to do was impressive.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

DangerDummy! posted:

Best part of the whole thing was the random-rear end cameo by that guy from Mighty Boosh/Luxury Comedy. I had to rewind it several times just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I liked Swearnet live okay. Though I hardly knew any of the celebrity cameos.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I just finished watching this entire series for the first time, and gently caress was it ever worth it. I still need to watch all the movies and specials though. I'm surprised to hear how much people thought the quality declined in season seven, but there's a very good chance I'll see that kind of thing more clearly on a rewatch than I would on an initial binge viewing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Diabolik900 posted:

I just finished watching this entire series for the first time, and gently caress was it ever worth it. I still need to watch all the movies and specials though. I'm surprised to hear how much people thought the quality declined in season seven, but there's a very good chance I'll see that kind of thing more clearly on a rewatch than I would on an initial binge viewing.
I had the exact same experience. I saw the movie in 2008, but had no other exposure to the show until Season 8 came out. Binge watched it, then seasons 1 to 7. Didn't notice a drop in quality like people keep talking about, but like you said, binge watching masks a lot of flaws.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think it's more so that season 7 is more inconsistent than the rest. There are a lot of unmemorable moments in season 7, but Scorpion has to be my favourite "Bubbles going off the deep end" moment.

Even after a new movie and a new season, there still isn't enough TPB to watch. :negative:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 7, 2014

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jehde posted:

I think it's more so that season 7 is more inconsistent than the rest. There are a lot of unmemorable moments in season 8, but Scorpion has to be my favourite "Bubbles going off the deep end" moment.

Even after a new movie and a new season, there still isn't enough TPB to watch. :negative:

It's really loving weird just how addictive that show is. I wouldn't come close to calling it my favorite series ever, yet I crave new content from them more than just about anything I've ever watched. I can't even come close to figuring out why.

Maybe it's just like comfort food. It's not good for you, it's not your favorite food, but something about it has you saying "man could I go for some buffalo chicken Mac 'n cheese right now..." way more than you can suss out a reason for.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Just watched Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys and they sure did step up the grease.

I enjoyed season 8 more than 7. Loved the gag where Lahey just guns out of the driveway and continues on in reverse down the street. Also Rickey getting the giant air conditioner from the Zellers because I know way too many people who took home ridiculous stuff when the store shut down.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I just finished watching this for the first time and I had a ton of trouble getting through 7 and the early part of 8, but man did they close strong. every second of the finale was great and has me excited for March. I hope Trevor comes back since they've reconciled.

now I get to start the movies!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I recently met Cory Bowles IRL and found him to be a great guy, excellent teacher and surprisingly deft short film director/producer. Also that there's going to be an absurdly rad setpiece in an episode of the upcoming TPB season

Aye Doc posted:

now I get to start the movies!
Prepare to be disappointed by them except for "Don't Legalize It" (the extended TV specials don't count as movies they were good)

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 17, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

oops, doubled

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you were right and I fell asleep half an hour in to each of the first two movies.

but they just put dong legalize it up on Netflix!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDogAFgAiw

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh wow, that's a good few months earlier than I was expecting. excited!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:wooper:

Also, Live at the North Pole came out not that long ago, but I haven't watched it yet so I can't vouch for its quality. But it looks like it's probably good.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Heads up OP, Season 9 available March 27th.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Also if anyone is jonesin' for more TPB and can't wait until next week, the SwearNet youtube channel has released over two episodes worth of "on set" material. I'm personally not watching them because I don't want things to get spoiled, but to each their own.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Christmas special is the best prequel/origin story ever. Because all they do is give the origins of Randy's pants and the bubble machine and such. J-Roc's "birth" is one of the best gags in the series.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

To Battle posted:

Heads up OP, Season 9 available March 27th.

hey, that's today!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Two episodes in and it's not bad. Not sure how I feel about Randy's mohawk, but it's better than that lovely mullet thing he had in Don't Legalize It and the Swearnet Special

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Goddamn, that crept up fast! Let the games begin!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Ricky's grandson being named The Motel is just beautiful. I'm enjoying this season so far.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I love that Ricky literally found them a stable environment. I know, that's the joke, but it was just so perfect. And his ability to communicate with animals will never cease to amaze me.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Willy is the best addition. :3:

Just finished bingeing through the new season. I was entertained the whole way, even if it isn't the greatest season. I won't mind one bit if the show keeps on the pace of the last two seasons.

I quite like a lot of the new characters, surprisingly. I hope Leslie is permanent.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Just started the new season. Love the new direction of Sunnyvale Villas.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Just finished episode one and I have stars in my eyes. 8.5 set all of this up so perfectly.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Finished the season and I have to say: Julian, you god damned beast. The park AND that girl on his arm? Reverse Psychology all the way!

I like that the Netflix seasons have basically been the same as seasons before, keeping the same theme without retreating the exact same things as before. There's a familiarity and yet it's all pretty new at the same time.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
holy gently caress lahey in the fur coat and what looked like a toilet paper roll

John Dunsworth is a loving thespian.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
this season is amazing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i liked it a lot & i'm glad they're making more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

put a kettle on posted:

Just finished episode one and I have stars in my eyes. 8.5 set all of this up so perfectly.

What is season 8.5?

• Locked thread