Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
Yes it's violent. Yes it's racial. My question is, why would it take a half a dozen men to assault one man? Are they individually afraid of the victim thus deciding they needed a group assault? And why would they find it necessary to assault the woman? I'm not being deliberately obtuse. Rather, I would like someone, anyone to logically explain the thought process involved in "pack mentality".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LObFGwSLHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Because with 6 people it's absolutely impossible for the victim to fight back?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
autism and perversion explains everything that happens on the internet. i have not watched the video

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

you think it's unfair for 25 guys to fight one raid boss? you beat up the woman because it's extra experience

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

YouTube comments never disappoint when it comes to racism or 9/11 conspiracies.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
i'm really looking forward to the black mentality parody thread

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The knockout game.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Guy Fleegman posted:

Yes it's violent. Yes it's racial. My question is, why would it take a half a dozen men to assault one man? Are they individually afraid of the victim thus deciding they needed a group assault? And why would they find it necessary to assault the woman? I'm not being deliberately obtuse. Rather, I would like someone, anyone to logically explain the thought process involved in "pack mentality".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LObFGwSLHY

i posted about my ghetto childhood exp before but generally ur poor as poo poo and people try to beat into that you are all each other have so you have to be as bad as one another. you remember doing bad poo poo to be cool when you were young? same thing. when i was in a group some of the hosed up poo poo they did bothered me, but it was the younger/"weaker" group of kids, even though some of them were adults. ill get to that later. basically in my town there were 3 groups, mine, the ones with mostly young kids and people who will probably not turn into criminals. there was another group of older guys who would hang out and do drugs and deal on the side, mostly on the side. they were basically the same as my group but grown up and into dealing. then there was the third group which was mostly transformed into a gang who beat people up and dealt hard stuff like crack. as people get older, they stop hanging out with those groups. like i got jumped by a group of kids really badly from the middle group, which basically convinced me to become a goony shutin. lots of kids i grew up with stopped hanging out in the neighborhood and would try to stay in afterschool stuff as much as possible. some of them stayed in the group and slowly graduated with that mentality to the more hosed up groups.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

It's not that they needed six guys to beat that one guy, it's that there were six guys there together and no one wanted to be the one who doesn't join in.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Impossible to reply without getting a reprimand from the mods, suffice it to say that white people are unwelcome in certain areas, and if they must go there, they should carry concealed.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
show no weakness around thugs op

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
imo that white guy must have been hammered, there's no excuse to get sucker punched like that in that situation. his girl noticed poo poo was going to go down and he still got clocked out of nowhere.

once I was walking home late after drinking and I saw a dude coming towards me, I got a feeling, you can just tell when some poo poo is about to happen. obviously I didn't cross the street or show any weakness, I kept my pace and pretended not to see him. sure enough as I passed this dude he went to grab me and nearly simultaneously (because I was ready for this poo poo) I put both hands in his face, shoved hard and said "get the gently caress away from me"

he stumbled a bit, looked sheepish, said "I was gonna rob you but" then kept walking

what I'm saying is keep your head about you and you'll be fine 99% of the time

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

he stumbled a bit, looked sheepish, said "I was gonna rob you but" then kept walking
lol sounds like a beta bitch

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

not that he wouldn't have still gotten whooped by 6-on-1 but maintaining situational awareness imo is an important life skill as essential as swimming or driving a manual transmission

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its not about being badass or cool, it's about beatin that fucker down and gettin the job done

which is more effective in a group

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

sorry you got beat down op

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

imo that white guy must have been hammered, there's no excuse to get sucker punched like that in that situation. his girl noticed poo poo was going to go down and he still got clocked out of nowhere.

once I was walking home late after drinking and I saw a dude coming towards me, I got a feeling, you can just tell when some poo poo is about to happen. obviously I didn't cross the street or show any weakness, I kept my pace and pretended not to see him. sure enough as I passed this dude he went to grab me and nearly simultaneously (because I was ready for this poo poo) I put both hands in his face, shoved hard and said "get the gently caress away from me"

being kinda strong helps the situation too, and also not being a total puss when it comes to conflict. but unfortunately none of that really matters when it's 6 on 1.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Verisimilidude posted:

being kinda strong helps the situation too, and also not being a total puss when it comes to conflict. but unfortunately none of that really matters when it's 6 on 1.

I'm not saying he could have won in a full out brawl but he was totally taken by suprise. Like, there were cops that he'd passed not thirty seconds earlier. He had lots of options. When you're walking down a deserted corridor and there's six large men following you ominously there's no excuse for being so unaware. He literally let the dude walk up right behind him.

edit: suprise can do a lot. in my story it was a sudden reaction that stopped the guy. I'm not very strong at all. if I were this dude in the video, what I would like to think I would do when I noticed they were following me is turn around, smile, and say 'yo whats up guys, havin' a good night?'

of course I'm canadian but here in toronto that would work most of the time, the only exception would be assailants on drugs.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 5, 2014

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
it shows why women prefer big rear end dudes naturally.assholes like that are always going to exist and if he was like 6'6 the worse those dudes would have tried was grope or steal something off of her while running.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
No one wants to be the guy that beat up some poor dude. But everyone wants to be the person who helped his family beat up somebody who deserved it.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWaWsgBbFsA

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Unless you are being hunted down by a pack. Again, I address my initial question about the "pack mentality". I see this in the city I live and work in, St.Louis. I reiterate, I literally see this attitude numerous times throughout my work day because I service properties which allows me to see various neighborhoods and interact with the residents.

I'll see an "urban youth" alone on the porch or sidewalk and you would hardly notice him due to his quiet demeanor. Add two or three of his friends, and suddenly the whole dynamic changes. The conversation gets louder, the tone and inflections intensify, the gesturing becomes more pronounced. Stir in a couple more associates and suddenly the situation becomes formidable.

Last week in St.Louis (Jefferson and Kingshighway), I parked my work van at the curb outside a job site. I was by myself which I am most of the time. I got out, grabbed my toolbox and approached the front door. On the stoop sat an "urban youth" of about 19-20 years old. I said "good morning",he smiled and nodded, I walked by him, unlocked the door and went upstairs. The apartment was empty in this two-family unit. I assumed the young man lived in the other apartment. I opened the windows for some air and went to work.

About 30 minutes later, I was finished and packing up my tools. I walked into the living room to close the windows and I heard what sounded like 50 people down in the front yard. I looked down and saw the aforementioned young man and about seven other guys his age. They were loud. They were shoving each other. It seemed like they were having seven different conversations because they were all talking at once, laughing at once, cussing at once. And they were all leaning against my work van.

I walked downstairs and locked the door. I turned and walked toward my van, specifically the side door where I kept my toolboxes. As I approached, I said "Excuse me, I need to put this away." The two guys against the door stopped talking and just stood there at first, then took one small step away leaving me just enough room to put my tools away. As I was leaning inside my van, I could feel someone leaning on the door from the outside pinching me against the door and the frame of the van. I stepped back and shut the door. I said nothing.

One of the guys asked me, "Are you leaving now?" I told them that I was and that they should probably step away from the van. "Or what?" asked another guy. I just shut-up and crawled into the cab and started it up. I sat there for a minute watching my mirrors and I could see they weren't moving. So I simply put it in gear and pulled away. As I did, it spun a couple of them around and suddenly they began to scream and bang on my van with their fists. I just kept driving.

Again, "pack mentality". The quiet young man I had met on the porch earlier was now part of a threatening, intimidating group of assholes. I wondered if possibly, they were so insecure about themselves individually that they only gained power and confidence in numbers. Then I realized that I was giving it too much thought and I just said, "gently caress it." I spent the rest of the day trying not to think less of black people.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Guy Fleegman posted:

Unless you are being hunted down by a pack. Again, I address my initial question about the "pack mentality". I see this in the city I live and work in, St.Louis. I reiterate, I literally see this attitude numerous times throughout my work day because I service properties which allows me to see various neighborhoods and interact with the residents.

I'll see an "urban youth" alone on the porch or sidewalk and you would hardly notice him due to his quiet demeanor. Add two or three of his friends, and suddenly the whole dynamic changes. The conversation gets louder, the tone and inflections intensify, the gesturing becomes more pronounced. Stir in a couple more associates and suddenly the situation becomes formidable.

Last week in St.Louis (Jefferson and Kingshighway), I parked my work van at the curd outside a job site. I was by myself which I am most of the time. I got out, grabbed my toolbox and approached the front door. On the stoop sat an "urban youth" of about 19-20 years old. I said "good morning",he smiled and nodded, I walked by him, unlocked the door and went upstairs. The apartment was empty in this two-family unit. I assumed the young man lived in the other apartment. I opened the windows for some air and went to work.

About 30 minutes later, I was finished and packing up my tools. I walked into the living room to close the windows and I heard what sounded like 50 people down in the front yard. I looked down and saw the aforementioned young man and about seven other guys his age. They were loud. They were shoving each other. It seemed like they were having seven different conversations because they were all talking at once, laughing at once, cussing at once. And they were all leaning against my work van.

I walked downstairs and locked the door. I turned and walked toward my van, specifically the side door where I kept my toolboxes. As I approached, I said "Excuse me, I need to put this away." The two guys against the door stopped talking and just stood there at first, then took one small step away leaving me just enough room to put my tools away. As I was leaning inside my van, I could feel someone leaning on the door from the outside pinching me against the door and the frame of the van. I stepped back and shut the door. I said nothing.

One of the guys asked me, "Are you leaving now?" I told them that I was and that they should probably step away from the van. "Or what?" asked another guy. I just shut-up and crawled into the cab and started it up. I sat there for a minute watching my mirrors and I could see they weren't moving. So I simply put it in gear and pulled away. As I did, it spun a couple of them around and suddenly they began to scream and bang on my van with their fists. I just kept driving.

Again, "pack mentality". The quiet young man I had met on the porch earlier was now part of a threatening, intimidating group of assholes. I wondered if possibly, they were so insecure about themselves individually that they only gained power and confidence in numbers. Then I realized that I was giving it too much thought and I just said, "gently caress it." I spent the rest of the day trying not to think less of black people.

wheres this from

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
how come we never see videos of 6 white guys beating up one black guy? (personally, i'm not sure that such videos even exist....b/c if they did, we would hear about them)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Fleegman posted:

Last week in St.Louis (Jefferson and Kingshighway), I parked my work van at the curb outside a job site. I was by myself which I am most of the time. I got out, grabbed my toolbox and approached the front door. On the stoop sat an "urban youth" of about 19-20 years old. I said "good morning",he smiled and nodded, I walked by him, unlocked the door and went upstairs. The apartment was empty in this two-family unit. I assumed the young man lived in the other apartment. I opened the windows for some air and went to work.

yeah op it's like they're animals

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the truth is that you're clearly a racist gently caress, so whether you knew it or not you were acting like a racist gently caress when you approached a group of seven black kids. try not acting like a racist gently caress and perhaps you will get more respect.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

how come we never see videos of 6 white guys beating up one black guy? (personally, i'm not sure that such videos even exist....b/c if they did, we would hear about them)

you can, but no one wants to watch videos without color

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
I, for one, am shocked that african american youths would behave antagonisticly towards white people in MO

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
you have to understand op that lots of poor black boys get raised by parents who force them into fistfights for honor with other kids at very young ages and internalize the idea of violence and intimidation. you have to like actually appreciate what its like growing up in a household like that. also his demeanor changed because of the group dynamics i posted about in my earlier post.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Neo Duckberg posted:

wheres this from

The real world.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

the truth is that you're clearly a racist gently caress, so whether you knew it or not you were acting like a racist gently caress when you approached a group of seven black kids. try not acting like a racist gently caress and perhaps you will get more respect.

So wait a second, are you saying that I shouldn't have worn my pointy white hood to work that day?

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Fleegman posted:

So wait a second, are you saying that I shouldn't have worn my pointy white hood to work that day?

Don't let white guilt influence your fashion sense.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Don't let white guilt influence your fashion sense.

I realize that you're attempting to be funny, but that term "white guilt" is about as hackneyed and played-out as "black power". I hate both of those phrases.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Sigh.

ROFLSAWS
Mar 28, 2005

You can't hide forever, Methuselah
College Slice
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...NEVERLAND+THUGZ

ROFLSAWS fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 5, 2014

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I liked it better when you empty quoted your self.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
larger gatherings of young people is basically poo poo

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
from the number of times you said "urban youth" im gonna go out on a limb and say you deserve to get beat down op

who's with me

cmon lets get this motherfucker

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Guy Fleegman posted:

I looked down and saw the aforementioned young man and about seven other guys his age. They were loud. They were shoving each other. It seemed like they were having seven different conversations because they were all talking at once, laughing at once, cussing at once. And they were all leaning against my work van.

sounds like u r lucky to be alive, maybe think about a cc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

GORDON posted:

Because with 6 people it's absolutely impossible for the victim to fight back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXATNKtdYV8&t=71s

These dudes had machine guns, too. White dude in video was a bitch and shoulda trained more with a better muten.

• Locked thread