Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Guy Fleegman posted:

The real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
WOW

"situational awareness"??!?!??!

sounds like victim-blaming to me. you cant expect people to know where they are or what's happening around them! ugh. i thought we were better than this. i cant even

lfield
May 10, 2008
i always maintain full situational awareness, and thus am invincible against any number of assailants

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

i can focus my fighting spirit(chi) into several phantom constructs and thus form my own gang in defense

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EA Sports posted:

i posted about my ghetto childhood exp before but generally ur poor as poo poo and people try to beat into that you are all each other have so you have to be as bad as one another. you remember doing bad poo poo to be cool when you were young? same thing. when i was in a group some of the hosed up poo poo they did bothered me, but it was the younger/"weaker" group of kids, even though some of them were adults. ill get to that later. basically in my town there were 3 groups, mine, the ones with mostly young kids and people who will probably not turn into criminals. there was another group of older guys who would hang out and do drugs and deal on the side, mostly on the side. they were basically the same as my group but grown up and into dealing. then there was the third group which was mostly transformed into a gang who beat people up and dealt hard stuff like crack. as people get older, they stop hanging out with those groups. like i got jumped by a group of kids really badly from the middle group, which basically convinced me to become a goony shutin. lots of kids i grew up with stopped hanging out in the neighborhood and would try to stay in afterschool stuff as much as possible. some of them stayed in the group and slowly graduated with that mentality to the more hosed up groups.

same

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Impossible to reply without getting a reprimand from the mods, suffice it to say that white people are unwelcome in certain areas, and if they must go there, they should carry concealed.

pretty sure this counts. later hater.

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

i don't think black people should ever attack any white people though because it makes black people look bad

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Guy Fleegman posted:

Unless you are being hunted down by a pack. Again, I address my initial question about the "pack mentality". I see this in the city I live and work in, St.Louis. I reiterate, I literally see this attitude numerous times throughout my work day because I service properties which allows me to see various neighborhoods and interact with the residents.

I'll see an "urban youth" alone on the porch or sidewalk and you would hardly notice him due to his quiet demeanor. Add two or three of his friends, and suddenly the whole dynamic changes. The conversation gets louder, the tone and inflections intensify, the gesturing becomes more pronounced. Stir in a couple more associates and suddenly the situation becomes formidable.

Last week in St.Louis (Jefferson and Kingshighway), I parked my work van at the curb outside a job site. I was by myself which I am most of the time. I got out, grabbed my toolbox and approached the front door. On the stoop sat an "urban youth" of about 19-20 years old. I said "good morning",he smiled and nodded, I walked by him, unlocked the door and went upstairs. The apartment was empty in this two-family unit. I assumed the young man lived in the other apartment. I opened the windows for some air and went to work.

About 30 minutes later, I was finished and packing up my tools. I walked into the living room to close the windows and I heard what sounded like 50 people down in the front yard. I looked down and saw the aforementioned young man and about seven other guys his age. They were loud. They were shoving each other. It seemed like they were having seven different conversations because they were all talking at once, laughing at once, cussing at once. And they were all leaning against my work van.

I walked downstairs and locked the door. I turned and walked toward my van, specifically the side door where I kept my toolboxes. As I approached, I said "Excuse me, I need to put this away." The two guys against the door stopped talking and just stood there at first, then took one small step away leaving me just enough room to put my tools away. As I was leaning inside my van, I could feel someone leaning on the door from the outside pinching me against the door and the frame of the van. I stepped back and shut the door. I said nothing.

One of the guys asked me, "Are you leaving now?" I told them that I was and that they should probably step away from the van. "Or what?" asked another guy. I just shut-up and crawled into the cab and started it up. I sat there for a minute watching my mirrors and I could see they weren't moving. So I simply put it in gear and pulled away. As I did, it spun a couple of them around and suddenly they began to scream and bang on my van with their fists. I just kept driving.

Again, "pack mentality". The quiet young man I had met on the porch earlier was now part of a threatening, intimidating group of assholes. I wondered if possibly, they were so insecure about themselves individually that they only gained power and confidence in numbers. Then I realized that I was giving it too much thought and I just said, "gently caress it." I spent the rest of the day trying not to think less of black people.

makes u think

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Guy Fleegman posted:

Unless you are being hunted down by a pack. Again, I address my initial question about the "pack mentality". I see this in the city I live and work in, St.Louis. I reiterate, I literally see this attitude numerous times throughout my work day because I service properties which allows me to see various neighborhoods and interact with the residents.

I'll see an "urban youth" alone on the porch or sidewalk and you would hardly notice him due to his quiet demeanor. Add two or three of his friends, and suddenly the whole dynamic changes. The conversation gets louder, the tone and inflections intensify, the gesturing becomes more pronounced. Stir in a couple more associates and suddenly the situation becomes formidable.

Last week in St.Louis (Jefferson and Kingshighway), I parked my work van at the curb outside a job site. I was by myself which I am most of the time. I got out, grabbed my toolbox and approached the front door. On the stoop sat an "urban youth" of about 19-20 years old. I said "good morning",he smiled and nodded, I walked by him, unlocked the door and went upstairs. The apartment was empty in this two-family unit. I assumed the young man lived in the other apartment. I opened the windows for some air and went to work.

About 30 minutes later, I was finished and packing up my tools. I walked into the living room to close the windows and I heard what sounded like 50 people down in the front yard. I looked down and saw the aforementioned young man and about seven other guys his age. They were loud. They were shoving each other. It seemed like they were having seven different conversations because they were all talking at once, laughing at once, cussing at once. And they were all leaning against my work van.

I walked downstairs and locked the door. I turned and walked toward my van, specifically the side door where I kept my toolboxes. As I approached, I said "Excuse me, I need to put this away." The two guys against the door stopped talking and just stood there at first, then took one small step away leaving me just enough room to put my tools away. As I was leaning inside my van, I could feel someone leaning on the door from the outside pinching me against the door and the frame of the van. I stepped back and shut the door. I said nothing.

One of the guys asked me, "Are you leaving now?" I told them that I was and that they should probably step away from the van. "Or what?" asked another guy. I just shut-up and crawled into the cab and started it up. I sat there for a minute watching my mirrors and I could see they weren't moving. So I simply put it in gear and pulled away. As I did, it spun a couple of them around and suddenly they began to scream and bang on my van with their fists. I just kept driving.

Again, "pack mentality". The quiet young man I had met on the porch earlier was now part of a threatening, intimidating group of assholes. I wondered if possibly, they were so insecure about themselves individually that they only gained power and confidence in numbers. Then I realized that I was giving it too much thought and I just said, "gently caress it." I spent the rest of the day trying not to think less of black people.

hosed up if true

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
those some slowass cops

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Guy Fleegman posted:

stay safe, poverty ghost

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

THS posted:

stay safe, poverty ghost

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Mason C 1 hour ago
Aren't guys supposed to be able to protect their partner? Sigh.. the men of today's society are a sight to behold.

Trust me. If I was there, those black youths would've be leaving in a bodybag.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

Good.

You guys better keep it this way.

I'm monitoring this thread.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Neo Duckberg posted:

THS posted:

stay safe, poverty ghost

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

THS posted:

stay safe, poverty ghost

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

young teens/men in impoverished neighbourhoods with poo poo upbringing act like animals, news at eleven

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

quarantine males of all races from age 16 to 24, watch violent crime rates plummet overnight

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

make males of all races from age 16 to 24 policemen, watch violent crime rates plummet overnight

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
It's a pity OP posted the version without sound. In the full video at the end, the guy shouts after the dudes, thanks them for bringing his privilege back into line, apologizes for slavery and makes clear his support for reparations.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Can't wait until one of them gets gunned down by the police and they try to spin it like the guy who was shot was some model citizen

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjrgxb4K0k

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

how is this thread even real?

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0

Stick with it.

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

how do you view the world where you think "explain this video of these guys beating up this other guy (no they didn't assault the woman, they pushed her away) where none of you have any idea what's going on besides the actual fight" is a valid question

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

well they're black so there must be some black rule governing their actions

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

what's the black rule that says beat up a white guy as six people so i can know for the future (see video for reference)

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
I think you need to calm down a little, poise krew. Have a Colt 45 and chill.

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

all i know is, white people are good, so there's literally no rational reason a bunch of black people (bad) would want to beat up one that i can understand, so there must be some black rule

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
I believe OP is alluding to the common belief that young black men have a proclivity for attacking their victims en masse, rather than individually. This modus operandi is perceived to be more prevalent amongst black youths and less common amongst youths of other races.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

poise krew posted:

(no they didn't assault the woman, they pushed her away)
you're absolutely right - they didn't assault her; they battered her - a more serious offense.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

poise krew posted:

all i know is, white people are good, so there's literally no rational reason a bunch of black people (bad) would want to beat up one that i can understand, so there must be some black rule

a bunch of black guys fought unfairly? no way

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

Kirk Johnson posted:

I believe OP is alluding to the common belief that young black men have a proclivity for attacking their victims en masse, rather than individually. This modus operandi is perceived to be more prevalent amongst black youths and less common amongst youths of other races.

oh im not up on racist memes

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Well, I'm just off the phone with a criminologist and that's what he said but he's white so he might be tarting it up a bit.

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

i feel like i heard of a bunch of nonblacks ganging up to commit (exaggerated mortal) violence on blacks for some perceived slight before but i dunno whatever

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Kirk Johnson posted:

i mean, the violent crime stats released by the Dept. of Justice are pretty clear. just sayin'....

(unless, of course, the argument is that the DOJ falsifies its numbers)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

poise krew posted:

i feel like i heard of a bunch of nonblacks ganging up to commit (exaggerated mortal) violence on blacks for some perceived slight before but i dunno whatever

ahh a remnant of gbs past, stay safe poverty ghost

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

i opened up this thread and all the neighbourhood dogs started howling wtf

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im sure that albino ape & his painted harlot just finished committing a hate crime against those innocent young men

street justice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well, tunnel justice at least

• Locked thread