Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a narcissist?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results

• Locked thread
Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Millennials are gonna mess up the world more than the previous generations have.

Narcissism has been rising as fast as obesity from the 1980s to the present, and it keeps accelerating. The changes are especially large for women. More than 80% of recent college students scored higher in general self-esteem than the average 1960s college student. 93% of late 2000s teens scored higher than the average from 1980.

In a study involving 11,000 teens, 12% of them said that they were "an important person" back in the 1950s. By the late 1980s, 80% of girls and 77% of boys said they were important. Another study involving high school students concluded that the number of students who said "having lots of money" was "extremely important" increased 66% between 1976 and 2006.

A 2008 poll found that 21- to 31-year-olds were voted the most greedy and self-indulgent, even by the twenty-somethings themselves. Millennials are actually more likely than older generations to agree that their own generation is narcissistic. More than two-thirds of high school students now say they expect to be in the top 20% of performance in their jobs.

There's been a fivefold increase in plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures in ten years. Millennials are more obsessed with wealth, social status and fame than any other generation. They are more greedy, competitive, materialistic, selfish, and more likely to cheat than anyone else. They are more likely to think they are smarter and more attractive than everyone else, and they are more likely to bully each other. This trend also effects Americans more than anyone else.

In short, millennials are all horrible people who are going to destroy us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

i guess we didnt get that trait from watching the baby boomers rape everything

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
But get this: narcissism was named after an ancient greek

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
right its not their parents fault for telling everyone they were special and could change the world

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
disturbing lack of goku. 0/5.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAeLXCBZW3M

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'd rather have a nation of dumb confident people than a bunch of smart pussies (I'm looking at you, China).

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

good hook but where are the verses

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm not op

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Lightanchor posted:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lets get rid of millennials

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Kenzie posted:

Millennials are gonna mess up the world more than the previous generations have.

Narcissism has been rising as fast as obesity from the 1980s to the present, and it keeps accelerating. The changes are especially large for women. More than 80% of recent college students scored higher in general self-esteem than the average 1960s college student. 93% of late 2000s teens scored higher than the average from 1980.

In a study involving 11,000 teens, 12% of them said that they were "an important person" back in the 1950s. By the late 1980s, 80% of girls and 77% of boys said they were important. Another study involving high school students concluded that the number of students who said "having lots of money" was "extremely important" increased 66% between 1976 and 2006.

A 2008 poll found that 21- to 31-year-olds were voted the most greedy and self-indulgent, even by the twenty-somethings themselves. Millennials are actually more likely than older generations to agree that their own generation is narcissistic. More than two-thirds of high school students now say they expect to be in the top 20% of performance in their jobs.

There's been a fivefold increase in plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures in ten years. Millennials are more obsessed with wealth, social status and fame than any other generation. They are more greedy, competitive, materialistic, selfish, and more likely to cheat than anyone else. They are more likely to think they are smarter and more attractive than everyone else, and they are more likely to bully each other. This trend also effects Americans more than anyone else.

I'm glad of it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a big part of the narcissism probably stems from how schools tell every single student that they're special now.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

since your argument begins with conflating high self-esteem and narcissism i'm pretty sure you're just a dumb fag op.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i wish i had the job of a baby boomer running studies to blame their kids for being lovely

but i cant because they're never retiring!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
ssris for the win

Space Detective
Apr 24, 2007

Be with you in just a moment...

quote:

In a study involving 11,000 teens, 12% of them said that they were "an important person" back in the 1950s.

I know it's not what the sentence means but I like to interpret it as either "12% of them said they were important before they even existed" or "12% of teens today think they were reincarnated from JFK or Elvis."

Hitler420
Jun 11, 2014

by Ralp
it's the internet and social media that is causing it. everyone surrounds themselves with people that bolster their egos, and if they don't like something they just block, ban or ignore it.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
its all the advertising, OP

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hitler420 posted:

it's the internet and social media that is causing it. everyone surrounds themselves with people that bolster their egos, and if they don't like something they just block, ban or ignore it.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

BKPR posted:

since your argument begins with conflating high self-esteem and narcissism i'm pretty sure you're just a dumb fag op.

he's a sadbrains retard who's convinced crippling depression and anxiety is the natural state of humanity.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm glad women have better self-esteem.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Kenzie posted:

That's a lot of words and graphs, but here is one weird trick about Narcissists the science industry does not want you to know.

Just ask them if they are a narcissist. Narcissists won't consider it a negative label and will just tell you they are. :)

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Kenzie posted:

I blame the 90s when parents started childproofing everything.

Now we have a generation of entitled, self absorbed pussies. Those were the ones who were supposed to die from dumb poo poo like eating the chemicals under the kitchen sink, drowning in a bathtub or getting thrown out of a car because of no seat belts. I hate them all.

#lookwhatididtoday #happywithmylife #glutenfree #sjw #feelingood #amiconvincingyouthatmylifeisbetterthanyours

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
so what

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

BKPR posted:

The generic term 'narcissism' is also not the same as clinical Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) but all of these are on the rise and they all feed off of each other.

jhorphear posted:

disturbing lack of goku. 0/5.

I'm sorry, I'm too important to follow all these dumb memes for idiots

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

Oncogene posted:

I'm impressed by your joke

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm pretty lovely but a lot of people are shittier so i'm putting my feet up

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Pick posted:

I'm glad women have better self-esteem.

Me too. Keeps them from getting too ornery when their rights are trampled.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its the internets fault

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the kenzie institute for telling teenagers theyre worthless

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Got to get money to live in this world. Can help others when you can afford to.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Lol op's username is kenzie

Sex Bumbo
Aug 14, 2004
Sounds like the previous generation really hosed up extremely hard then? And ironically, they're taking no responsibility for their gently caress up whilst simultaneously accusing the current generation of being irresponsible.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Im a hipster

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Kenzie posted:

Just look at the spike on that beautiful excel graph.

Is this a significant spike on the inventory's rating or not? No one will ever kno..... HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THAT SPIKE!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
who gives a poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BKPR posted:

i'm pretty lovely but a lot of people are shittier so i'm putting my feet up

Same but I'm actually right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Sex Bumbo posted:

Sounds like the previous generation really hosed up extremely hard then? And ironically, they're taking no responsibility for their gently caress up whilst simultaneously accusing the current generation of being irresponsible.

yah it owns

• Locked thread