Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
oh yeah and to make this harder apple decided to glue the original battery in and attach a sticker telling me to gently caress off inside the phone. totally not scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I all but make sweet love to my 4s tbqh

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Macs go like this.

:dance:

PCs go like this.

:dance:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
smartphone wars are fuckin dumb and im psyched theyre still at full throttle cause its really funny to see ppl i know drop hundreds of dollars on a marginally improved phone every year or so and use it for texting and words with friends only

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lichy posted:

WaAah my iPhone 5 battery

Idiot apple has a free battery replacement program for iPhone 5 you big stupid idiot

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
nobody who chooses to use a mac does any real work. before y ou explode, having no choice is not a choice

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I thought everyone knew fn-backspace would delete from right on an Apple laptop keyboard, it's been that way since forever.
If you want to tweak the keyboard functionality even more you could use something like https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/document.html.en

I hope you feel silly now OP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

error1 posted:

I thought everyone knew fn-backspace would delete from right on an Apple laptop keyboard, it's been that way since forever.
If you want to tweak the keyboard functionality even more you could use something like https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/document.html.en

or how about not

- actual rebuttal to pretty much every mac quirk

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
After the update to Panther or whatever made my MacBook Pro completely unusable b/c it made it overheat and crash after 15-20 minutes of light use without Apple ever acknowledging the problem existed I just bought a gaming PC. Also now I can play more than a dozen or so games on my computer now.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

chaosbreather posted:

Idiot apple has a free battery replacement program for iPhone 5 you big stupid idiot

sorry i cant send my phone to buttfuck, USA, for a month

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grant DaNasty posted:

Yet another thread by a poor person.

true poor people buy pcs and then hackintosh them, mac os is literally free these days

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
install gentoo

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

true poor people buy pcs and then install ubuntu

Goats

Yes.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

is there a single tablet or smartphone UI that doesn't have crippling, enraging usability flaws

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

1gnoirents posted:

nobody who chooses to use a mac does any real work. before y ou explode, having no choice is not a choice

thats why they solder in the memory for you now, because its not like you're ever going to need to put more memory in the $3000 quad I7 mbp you use to post on facebook and look at cat videos, you dont even know what memory is

"its so fast"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

error1 posted:

lmbo 2 keystrokes instead of 1 this is innovation people

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

steve jorbs was a genius

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

gggiiimmmppp posted:

steve jorbs was a genius

steve jobs ate only fruit

what i mean is he sucked a lot of cock

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

quote:

Method actors tend to go to extreme lengths to get inside the minds of the characters they portray. For Ashton Kutcher, that meant adopting Steve Jobs's fruitarian diet for one month, a regimen based solely on, well, fruit. He's portraying the late Apple CEO in jOBS, a biopic set to hit theaters in April.

All that fruit—must be healthy, right?

Not exactly. "I ended up in the hospital two days before we started shooting the movie," Kutcher told reporters at the Sundance Film Festival. "I was doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was terrifying, considering everything." Jobs died in October 2011, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
sometimes outsiders to the field try to apply the principles of their own field to that field

sometimes this results in great innovation

but most of the time we get the likes of dick dorkins and Steve jobs

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

gggiiimmmppp posted:

lmbo 2 keystrokes instead of 1 this is innovation people

Oh hi, you missed the delete to the right key in this post:

Oncogene posted:

bet you think you can only use one-buttoned mouses too

It's in the same cluster of keys that has the delete key on a PC keyboard.

Posted form my iPad.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

gggiiimmmppp posted:

"I was doubled over in pain, and my pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was terrifying, considering everything." Jobs died in October 2011, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

loving LOL

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lichy posted:

sorry i cant send my phone to buttfuck, USA, for a month

you drop it off at an apple store you brainless fabric-licker and you wait an hour, that's when the big hand goes all the way around once, and then you pick it up again

they even polish it for you, you quasi-human flatulence

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

didnt steve jobs get put on the night shift at atari or whatever cause he just smelled like total dogshit 24/7?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

chaosbreather posted:

you drop it off at an apple store you brainless fabric-licker and you wait an hour, that's when the big hand goes all the way around once, and then you pick it up again

they even polish it for you, you quasi-human flatulence

we don't all live in the United States or yurop where apple store are everywhere, you loving moron

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
someone post that pic of the apple hipster all sad and crying on the floor

that's the reason macs suck

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

apple. more like crapple. amirite?

I think you shoudl go out in Tokyo and look for some babes instead of posting about computers!!!!!!!!!

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I Hackintosh'd a $1600 PC, does that mean I'm not poor, but just hosed in the head?

Seriously, though, I don't care how good iMacs are, I already have two loving monitors, so I don't loving need my computer to come built into one.

I would also totally hand assemble a laptop from parts if I could.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

kode54 posted:

I Hackintosh'd a $1600 PC, does that mean I'm not poor, but just hosed in the head?

Seriously, though, I don't care how good iMacs are, I already have two loving monitors, so I don't loving need my computer to come built into one.

I would also totally hand assemble a laptop from parts if I could.

think about all the good you have done the environment by being ingenious instead of throwing that big 1600 dollar box of non-recycleable rare earth metals in favour of fanatically buying a mac

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Lichy posted:

think about all the good you have done the environment by being ingenious instead of throwing that big 1600 dollar box of non-recycleable rare earth metals in favour of fanatically buying a mac

I don't throw out my old machines anyway, I just repurpose them. You know, since they're not Macs, they don't magically retain most of their original purchase value years and years later.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
hahay eah they dont even have a FLOPPY DRIVE what morons, its called "vackwartds compatibilities you fuckin dweeb

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

opus111 posted:

I think you shoudl go out in Tokyo and look for some babes instead of posting about computers!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to a show tonight. So am relaxing and saving up energy. Thanks for the input, though.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hahay eah they dont even have a FLOPPY DRIVE what morons, its called "vackwartds compatibilities you fuckin dweeb

I haven't included a floppy drive in the last two computers I've built, including the one I built in 2004. Believe you me, it sure was fun feeding SATA drivers to Windows XP before Windows Vista introduced loading drivers from a USB drive.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
it's really hard to take people who don't own apple products seriously

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
oh by the way steve jobs was brilliant and a great man

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Carry a laser down the path that I must follow~

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
Long time PC user convert to mac. about 6 months ago, had a couple of hiccups, then, three and half minutes later was like, huh this is way better. All those people telling me so were actually trying to help. The best thing, I NEVER have to pay for anti-virus software. Why the gently caress did this take me a decade?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lichy posted:

we don't all live in the United States or yurop where apple store are everywhere, you loving moron

even in australia you can't walk without tripping over them, where do you live, antarctica? why do you need a phone in antarctica, so you can coordinate raping penguins with your penguin rapist friends? you don't have any friends, no-one likes penguin rapists. here's an idea, penguin rapist, move your tiny frostbitten dick literally anywhere where there's other people. look at you making fun of buttfuck usa when you literally live in a place without an apple store. its water you should be worried about icypole, not your battery, antarctica is like the dryest place on earth, maybe you should look it up on your iphone before you use it to wipe the baby penguin blood off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

chaosbreather posted:

even in australia you can't walk without tripping over them, where do you live, antarctica? why do you need a phone in antarctica, so you can coordinate raping penguins with your penguin rapist friends? you don't have any friends, no-one likes penguin rapists. here's an idea, penguin rapist, move your tiny frostbitten dick literally anywhere where there's other people. look at you making fun of buttfuck usa when you literally live in a place without an apple store. its water you should be worried about icypole, not your battery, antarctica is like the dryest place on earth, maybe you should look it up on your iphone before you use it to wipe the baby penguin blood off

Youre nifty. :3:

• Locked thread