Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Now that he's brought it up, the letters that appeared in each of the endings so far are: VAN, AGI and EHT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Okay that's obviously spelling something backwards. Going from right to left, we have "THE NAVIGA-". Now, there may well be stuff between "The" and "Naviga", but it's not a hard assumption to guess that the word being spelled there is some conjugation of "Navigate". I'm guessing it's "Navigator", as that requires three more letters to complete. Now, there are a minimum of three more endings (one for 2-3 Karma, one for 4-5 Karma, and whatever is higher than the Comedy ending, though I'm only assuming that the change of comment for the blackboard indicates a new ending), and subtracting my assumption of "ROT" for one of them, there's six additional letters. I feel like the developers are gonna disappoint us by having it be "The navigator is dead".

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

EclecticTastes posted:

Okay that's obviously spelling something backwards. Going from right to left, we have "THE NAVIGA-". Now, there may well be stuff between "The" and "Naviga", but it's not a hard assumption to guess that the word being spelled there is some conjugation of "Navigate". I'm guessing it's "Navigator", as that requires three more letters to complete. Now, there are a minimum of three more endings (one for 2-3 Karma, one for 4-5 Karma, and whatever is higher than the Comedy ending, though I'm only assuming that the change of comment for the blackboard indicates a new ending), and subtracting my assumption of "ROT" for one of them, there's six additional letters. I feel like the developers are gonna disappoint us by having it be "The navigator is dead".

Higher? We've just seen all of the karma choices, and GeneralYeti has said such. So, 6 Karma and the comedy ending is the "perfect" ending, the highest you can get. I suppose it might have been semi-punishment for those who figured out the karma system and wanted to jump to the "best" ending.

And it is the best ending, what's the matter with you people? Okay, okay, it is just plain out there, and probably meant more for confusion than actual comedy. I do like that Arthur is just brooding away from the rest of the group the whole time, though. Sarah also doesn't say a thing the whole time, I think that's meant to show she's just as confused as the player probably is. And then everything gets wiped out by a meteor with some weird singer on it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
that felt like a different comedy ending than i remember. maybe newer release or i am just wrong.

I also want to say there is an ending involving a beach...? i cant remember poo poo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jade Star posted:

that felt like a different comedy ending than i remember. maybe newer release or i am just wrong.

I also want to say there is an ending involving a beach...? i cant remember poo poo.

I remember a similar surprise birthday party thing, but not quite as over the top and annoying. Its been years since I played the game though.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Higher? We've just seen all of the karma choices, and GeneralYeti has said such. So, 6 Karma and the comedy ending is the "perfect" ending, the highest you can get. I suppose it might have been semi-punishment for those who figured out the karma system and wanted to jump to the "best" ending.

I refuse to believe that... whatever that was is the best possible ending you can get.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Jade Star posted:

We already saw the beach and an "ending" related to it. Update 2, near the end.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Higher? We've just seen all of the karma choices, and GeneralYeti has said such.

GeneralYeti posted:

Anyway, after this we leave and we're done with the game. The ending we get is based on the number of Karma points we have at the end. Zero points (what we finished with on the first run) gives us the Tormented ending, and 1-2 points results in the Damned ending.

So we don't know what endings are in the 3-5 point range.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

FredMSloniker posted:

So we don't know what endings are in the 3-5 point range.

I know, but I've played the game before. EclecticTastes didn't notice that 6 Karma is the cap, so that's what I was pointing out.

EclecticTastes posted:

I refuse to believe that... whatever that was is the best possible ending you can get.

As for this, the comedy ending is just the one you get for having max karma, not necessarily the "best" ending. We'll get to that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Onean posted:

We've all done things in the past were ashamed of. I can't help but think this is the same thing for the developers here..

"DO YOU REGRET?"
"nah lol"

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Now that you mentioned the significance of the shape the karma lines draw... the artifact looks an awful lot like a giant evil kettle.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Aithon posted:

Now that you mentioned the significance of the shape the karma lines draw... the artifact looks an awful lot like a giant evil kettle.

They should have had a sequel where there's a second artifact in the shape of a pot.

The joke ending for that one could have had them suddenly gaining total sentience and calling each other out for things that they both do, like convincing scientists to murder their entire research crew.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That... certainly was a thing that existed.

I'm looking forward to putting together this letter puzzle.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Getting six karma isn't all that easy and I would say that it requires you to know what you are doing and aim for the max possible karma, probably with aid of saving and reloading to see how you get extra karma.

At least that's how I got it ages ago.

So this isn't ending as such, it's easter egg for people who figure out how to get the max karma and be the nicest mass murdering psychopath.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
I dunno. I got it my second time without any trouble, and the first time I only didn't get it because using the axe just wouldn't work in that playthrough. Not for attempting to free the person in the tube.

While a friend of mine got it the first time, and was incredibly confused about it.

And yeah, I remember a different comedy ending? It was... less annoying? I'm not sure how to describe it other than that. But it could have also been I was an idiot when I first played it, and less likely to declare something annoying.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, the comedy ending I remember had the main character surfboarding through space on top of something while the credits played.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

EagerSleeper posted:

Yeah, the comedy ending I remember had the main character surfboarding through space on top of something while the credits played.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The comedy ending of..Seven Days A Skeptic? (The Chzo Mythos game that took place in space) and the white chamber scared me more than the other endings, though I was pretty young when I first played them.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

EagerSleeper posted:

Did you click on the credits roll link in the update? That features someone surfing through space on an asteroid, though not the main character.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Update 8: The End

So, we've reached the fourth run-through, and I'm getting sick and tired of playing this game again.

Unfortunately, I only have 2 karma points, and that's on my save with the highest amount.

Fortunately, I have an idea about how to fix this solution.

Hitting the Home key brings us to the Debug Room; you might remember that one of the ending slates told us about this. How it works is that we can jump around from scenario to scenario; from left to right, it's:

Normal Station: brought down the station
Corridor/Computer room sequence: the Party Eyeball sequence :dance:
Bloody Nav Room: the creature
Freezer Room: shivering dude and the leg
White Chamber: pretty self-explanatory
Droid Panel: the droid panel
Shower Head Sequence: getting the head
Med Bay: putting together the corpse and all that

Finally, there's Start Game, which starts us back at the coffin.

We're going for this one to hopefully get to the body floating and use the axe to free him.

Note that any flags that have been set are still set; that means that most items you have stay with you, Karma points are static, stuff like that.

That does, of course, mean that the flag saying 'hey he freed the dead guy' was set and I wasn't able to get the third point :negative:

So I replayed the drat thing from another save where I had just enough points to make it.

Anyway, let's talk to this nerd again and get out of here. I'm just trying to remember if 3 Karma points is enough...

Excellent; since we're seeing this, that means it worked. And the video of the last ending.

Look familiar?

...Comedy ending? Is that you?

Actually, it would be a pretty neat twist if every ending was happening simultaneously. So that at any given moment Sarah has escaped, blown up, and gotten torn apart by ghosts. The only real reset button is the second ending, when we wake up in the coffin again.

But, that's not anything close to what's shown, which is a shame.

Oh yeah we're hosed, by the way - on a tiny island and all that, so we're never getting home.

The final credits sequence; the only difference is the drawing on the side.

And some of those accessories are simply unnecessary :colbert: I just don't get the ankle bracelet at all.

After the credits, we cut to this scene.

Well, gently caress.

And that's it! The final ending of the game, the range from 3-5 Karma points. This is, ostensibly, the 'best' ending, since Sarah survives and moves on, living off the land; of course, the Artifact is still around, but it's not her problem any more.

The backwards writing spells out "THE NAVIGATOR", which is either a) what Sarah's job was on the spaceship or b) a hint at a sequel, not that one was ever made. I really have no clue what the point of that is.

Anyway, thanks for sticking around for the game - it's pretty short and gets really repetitive, but it's fun.

And one for the road :dance:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Well thanks for the LP. I pretty much read it in one go save for the additional endings so I didn't get a chance to participate much. But this was an interesting game to say the least. Very vivid in it's art style.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That could've been a good game with some polish, but it was still entertaining. Thanks for running through.

http://gifsound.com/?gif=lpix.org/1812920/EYE.gif&v=-1EPegIzD2M works pretty well, but maybe someone else can find a better track.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I swear I heard them actually use stereo audio for the escape pod going down to the planet....but with the audio transition going the wrong way relative to the pod?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Thanks for this, GeneralYeti. It's an interesting little story, and I'm sure I'd never have heard of it, if not for this LP. It's been fun!

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Thanks for your work on the LP.

And hey, another person thought about gifsound, but I think I went in a different direction.

http://gifsound.com/?gif=lpix.org/1812920/EYE.gif&v=V4kWpi2HnPU&s=76

(Was tempted to use crazy frog's cover)

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I honestly don't know why Party Eyeball is so amazing, I just laughed at him when I first saw it.

ultrafilter posted:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=lpix.org/1812920/EYE.gif&v=-1EPegIzD2M works pretty well, but maybe someone else can find a better track.

Now I know why :allears:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
That is the ugliest sexy drawing I can remember seeing. I kind of get queasy by looking at her.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JcDent posted:

That is the ugliest sexy drawing I can remember seeing. I kind of get queasy by looking at her.

It's just because of how fast she's moving. Trust me, once you've seen her standing still, Party Eyeball will rock your world.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
If I remember correctly (I probably don't), THE NAVIGATOR was a code used to unlock the {grey} tower, before the white chamber was in its current release version and the former was hidden in the latter. Now it's just a separate download. Well, the website seems to back me up anyways:

Studio Trophis posted:

Originally only available as a hidden easter egg for those who competed all of the different endings in the white chamber, the complete drama in mp3 format is available for free download from our downloads section.

And, now that we've seen everything in the game itself, I do recommend those that were interested in the game go grab the {grey} tower and give it a listen. Like the game itself, the acting isn't great, but it is serviceable, and it's nice to see what the artifact was doing before all of this mess.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Well, now that I saw everything that game had to offer I can rest easy. Thanks, GeneralYeti.

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
A good LP, I enjoyed it. Thanks for doing this game.

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
Thanks for the LP!

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Great LP, the game was pretty okay, anime-ness aside.

It certainly had some thought put into it, which is a thing I wish there was more of in modern horror games. I was always a sucker for stories of normal people going murderous.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Thanks for the LP, it was nice to see the game again. Although, I had completely forgotten about bikini-babe Sarah, so that was a nice "surprise" to see again.

Edit: And I definitely second this:

Oblivion4568238 posted:

If I remember correctly (I probably don't), THE NAVIGATOR was a code used to unlock the {grey} tower, before the white chamber was in its current release version and the former was hidden in the latter. Now it's just a separate download. Well, the website seems to back me up anyways:

And, now that we've seen everything in the game itself, I do recommend those that were interested in the game go grab the {grey} tower and give it a listen. Like the game itself, the acting isn't great, but it is serviceable, and it's nice to see what the artifact was doing before all of this mess.

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 30, 2014

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Thanks for the LP.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Fawkes posted:

Thanks for the LP.

Seconded. A pity there's not that much game to cover, but we'll always have party eyeball. :dance:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Seconded. A pity there's not that much game to cover, but we'll always have party eyeball. :dance:

The game needed a sequel in which you go on wacky adventures with the party eyeball.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Randalor posted:

The game needed a sequel in which you go on wacky adventures with the party eyeball.

:shivdurf: I'M TELLING YOU SHE'S A MURDERER
:argh: That's it, Party Eyeball! You're off the case!
:rant: If he goes, I go with him!
:argh: Fine! TURN IN YOUR BADGES AND GUNS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

In case anybody really wants it. It should be small enough.

• Locked thread