Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piney
Oct 14, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Best show.

I've got no idea where this crazy train is going but god drat is this a fun ride. Keep throwing money at Dinosaur Productions SBS, keep the best thing to come out of South Australia going.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Please make many more gifs from episode 3

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007
"Oh hey, an apple!"

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that episode was batshit insane

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
'I killed a man of the cloth! Forgive me Jesus!'

'Not this time Bro!'

Between that and the wonderful elevator scene, the rapey faceoff Egyptian cow and Tucker's drug trip/Inception, it was hilarious.

Holly would be the worst if they weren't playing her like Kenny from South Park.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I'd open this door and beat some sense into you, if it weren't for these drat lion paws."

Andrew_1985 posted:

Tucker's drug trip/Inception, it was hilarious.

"G'day little cousin Jethro."

"Australia!"

Also requesting a gif of the pope winking and thumbs up.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is funny because it is Australia Day today now.

I guess the ISIS delay let them line it up with this instead of Christmas.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The Jackson hunting sequences never fail to crack me up. Jethro knocking around a football with a cricket bat is also some highbrow comedy.

Bring on the nazi zombies.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I always assumed from last season that Tucker was english as well as Claire as his accent is far more english sounding then regular Australian. I CAN kind of hear it now in certain scenes but its hard.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
:catholic: Vivo dal vaticano presentiamo l'ottantunesima messa disco di natale :catholic:

I love this show.

gipskrampf fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 25, 2015

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
That episode was just the best thing to ever happen.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Happy Australian day!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

masterpine posted:

The Jackson hunting sequences never fail to crack me up. Jethro knocking around a football with a cricket bat is also some highbrow comedy.

Bring on the nazi zombies.

no the friendzone!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been zoned!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The guy playing new Pierre is seriously a breakout star, everything he does is loving hilarious

Also

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 26, 2015

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Could I please request some GIFs of Jesus from this episode?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

New Pierre is good, but MacKenzie is fantastic. (that's writing vs. acting though)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
This episode was god damned fantastic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VodeAndreas posted:

New Pierre is good, but MacKenzie is fantastic. (that's writing vs. acting though)

Thanks to this series I learned how to say motorboat in Japanese

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Overall, I'd rate this episode lower than the previous one. I just didn't seem to be laughing as much.
The she-man-cow(?) encounter and the Ilsa vampire sequence was great. Also the pope-puppet and Tucker force feeding Claire's head.

New Pierre is ok-ish for me. Not a highlight -but he did have some good scenes mainly in the previous ones.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Pierre is fun, because he gets to do his own thing, and I think he's already the writers' favourite. The rest of the gang kinda coast by comparison.

McKenzie is the real MVP, though.

Tucker's actor does an amazing job. His delivery is so good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

Could I please request some GIFs of Jesus from this episode?

Piney
Oct 14, 2003
Rewatching season 1, it's surprising that it cost less than season 2 to make. The production values are far higher in season 1.

Also, Hitler's far more toned down and menacing. But I prefer season 2's Pierre, he's so enthusiastic!

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
New Pierre's enthusiasm really sold me on the actor switch. He's such a delight.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ubiquitous_ posted:

New Pierre's enthusiasm really sold me on the actor switch. He's such a delight.

His acting for the dishwashing scene made me laugh the hardest so far.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

"Happy Australia day darling. We're about to throw another koala on the barbie"

Fredski
Dec 2, 2013

Fun fact. That's actually Dario Russo, the director and co-writer/creator ;)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Need the plank of truth gif

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Danger 5 is still in the 70s 60s, my friends. They are merely being interrogated by New Pierre who is using psychoactive drug magic on them.

You can tell by how the "previously on" things have New Pierre scenes that never happened.

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 29, 2015

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

DeepQantas posted:

You can tell by how the "previously on" things have New Pierre scenes that never happened.
Oh yeah, I was curious about that one New Pierre scene in the "previously on" segment that I could not remember happening, but I thought I failed to notice it among all the random things that are going on (one of the reasons that rewatching the series should still have some gems to offer).

Of all new Pierre's scenes the one that stands out the most for me is the dishwashing one.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
So.

I saw a bit of the first season late at night on SBS way back when and lost my poo poo, but was absolutely hammered at the time and never followed it up. I just assumed it was some strange poo poo that they air on a day to day basis. I had no idea this was Australian, but now it makes prefect sense.

My tax payers dollars at work. :haw:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

I love just how much fun Carmine Russo seems to have playing Hitler and being a collossal oval office all the time haha

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

I love just how much fun Carmine Russo seems to have playing Hitler and being a collossal oval office all the time haha

Haha, I was listening to a podcast and apparently that's quite the case, he especially loves firing the uzi.

"Father, cat is hungry"

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Soviet Dance Witches, Zombie Hitler and Teddy Hitler. Fantastic.

The horrors of America was hilarious. Especially the money shower. That's how capitalism works.

Also, whoever plays Makenzie is insanely buff. I want to know who is under that head?

Not enjoying Tucker going full retard this season.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, whoever plays Makenzie is insanely buff. I want to know who is under that head?

Chris Asimos. He's shown up in various roles in the series so far. He's also a stripper with Manpower Australia. Hence his ridiculous abs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Love that Pierre still had the golden revolver and shotgun from the first episode.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Not enjoying Tucker ginger ninja going full retard this season.

"Holly dies and comes back to life. Hitler dies and he comes back to life. Why is is Claire the only one who won't come back to life?" :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
http://open.spotify.com/track/0Z0czjPTzLfsspRLCTTTqU

Holy poo poo what an episode :allears:

e:

Sorbus fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 1, 2015

• Locked thread