Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I actually liked throwing the most when that was a viable playstyle, woosh 20 mobs off the cliff sploosh. Shard was alright but it was always interesting to see if it was going to go anywhere when you pushed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Goofballs posted:

I actually liked throwing the most when that was a viable playstyle, woosh 20 mobs off the cliff sploosh. Shard was alright but it was always interesting to see if it was going to go anywhere when you pushed it.

The fun for me was messing with other people's shards either with your own pushbacks, your wererat, or your shard on tab.

RIP Shard of the Endless Avalanche synchronized dance team 2013-2014.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
Been sucked back into the dread land of an MMO and want to get in with some goons so its not an awful, lonely D&D experience. Can I get an invite as Landon@sieje please?

notanewfag
May 13, 2008

Sieje posted:

Been sucked back into the dread land of an MMO and want to get in with some goons so its not an awful, lonely D&D experience. Can I get an invite as Landon@sieje please?

sent invite

Whale Cum!

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Completely unrelated, but just to let you guys know, I'm gonna be taking a bit of a break from the game while I tend to real life. I'll definitely be back in time for the winter festival though, and I might pop in for Respen's Game too, but someone else will have to field guild invites, etc. Those of you who have added me on Steam know where to find me,so if the OP needs updating I'll be there. Other than that, I'll see you at Winterfest, goons!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Bert Roberge posted:

Let’s get to know Goofballs!
Best post in thread. Can we influence/vote for who gets picked next?

Worst post in thread :mad: Work less, spasface!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Real life blows. Good luck. I'll bug you on steam.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
I'm back on the MMO train in spite of myself, and I'm missing the fun of a guild chat. Can I get an invite at Kreliss@drumstickm please?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Captain Hats posted:

I'm back on the MMO train in spite of myself, and I'm missing the fun of a guild chat. Can I get an invite at Kreliss@drumstickm please?

If nobody else has got this I'll kick you one when I log on tonight!

Also, as much as I get that the rage for a while has been lets make the bosses absurdly large (still can't help but laugh every time you do the Pirate dungeon and he's 15 feet tall) this is just getting a bit nuts for me.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

valuum posted:

Worst post in thread :mad: Work less, spasface!

I shalln't!

Aramek posted:

Real life blows. Good luck. I'll bug you on steam.

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks for the well-wishing. :kiddo:

Falented fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 28, 2014

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

This mod in a nutshell:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm not that big on pvp but I want to get some Black Ice gauntlets before their offer ends. I bought some purified ones for a +deflect pvp ranger which I have in the making and I was wondering if there is another class which can do well in pve and pvp using either a purified or corrupted set. I'm kinda clueless about that whole Black Ice stuff.

For Warlocks the BI stats seem kinda underwhelming and for CWs the High Vizier supposedly is better for pve. Which means I really need some opinions about the remaining classes (except for Ranger) before thursday.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The big deal with pvp gear is it has tenacity on it. You start with a default tenacity of 10% and with gear you can work it up to 20-22%. That's 22% resistance to all damage that's can't be penetrated and another 22% resistance to crits on top of that and 22% less time cced. Black ice is better because it has overload slots and maybe slightly better stats overall. The overload slots take temporary chants that give you temporary buffs like 5k temp hp, 800 arp and damage on each tick of a power, that kind of stuff.

That's all pretty meaningless in pve so the t2 sets are probably still best for that. Like you see people in black ice doing all right in pve but they probably just can't be bothered swapping enchants.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Is anyone having difficulty getting the launcher to work? Like I've tried it like ten times but it doesn't connect to the game or whatever though I can access the gateway and the official forums just fine and it just sits there saying loading for ages?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Is anyone having difficulty getting the launcher to work? Like I've tried it like ten times but it doesn't connect to the game or whatever though I can access the gateway and the official forums just fine and it just sits there saying loading for ages?

I had that issue twice over the last year. Once in every blue moon the launcher cannot properly connect because of a routing fuckup somewhere, which might be related to a blacklist.

If you have a dynamic IP then restarting your modem should do the trick, if you are on a static IP then the issue usually resolves itself within a day. Alternatively you can try to use a VPN.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The Halloween event is live, missed it last time around but I recommend getting in while its on. You can have a horsehead mask which is the best thing.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Goofballs posted:

The Halloween event is live, missed it last time around but I recommend getting in while its on. You can have a horsehead mask which is the best thing.

It also has the best dye imo.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

With Archeage looking like it's winding down, looking to pick this up again as a timekiller. Going to try out a Warlock I think, always liked play one in tabletop stuff.

Siera@rizzen93 for the invite stuff, when folks have a chance.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
Briesril@annymouse, please add me so i can go on adventures with people!

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Are Guardian Fighters still absolute poo poo? I see in the OP that they may have been buffed recently. If I want to tank, am I better off rolling a GWF?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Are Guardian Fighters still absolute poo poo? I see in the OP that they may have been buffed recently. If I want to tank, am I better off rolling a GWF?

Its a solid choice right now

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

Goofballs posted:

Its a solid choice right now

You didn't really specify which choice of the two I mentioned are solid but I've went ahead and made a GF anyway. Your post was probably clear but I'm dumb

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I meant guardian fighters are solid now. They are really good in pvp and provide so much benefit in pve the lfg channel often has lf 1 gf for x dungeon.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 3, 2014

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

So far so good on the GF front. Can I get invited into the guild? Handle is Serges@perpasce

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I would like to join the guild! I am Alistair Shawl@the64bitbot

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm nearing the end of the tyranny of dragons campaign; or at least, unlocking the artefact weapon project thingy. For GF it seems like I'll either want the one that boosts cleave and the threat for something else, or the one that boosts, uh, stamina, IIRC. Is one a clear-cut better option than the other or is it dependent more on my build and other gear?

Oh, and unrelated, but something I was curious about--is it possible to get the big bundles (Knight of the Feywild, etc) with zen converted from AD or are those real money only?

Trebuchet King fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 6, 2014

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Probably want to take the weapon with the at will you use most often, probably the cleave one on guardian fighter

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
Getting back into this game to check out the new classes and content. In on a new character Doommaker@Thordason if I could get an invite please

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh, and unrelated, but something I was curious about--is it possible to get the big bundles (Knight of the Feywild, etc) with zen converted from AD or are those real money only?

Only one you can get for AD is the Dragonborn Legend bundle - others are cash only and have been as long as I've been playing.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Wordicuffs posted:

Getting back into this game to check out the new classes and content. In on a new character Doommaker@Thordason if I could get an invite please

Invite sent.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Goofballs posted:

Probably want to take the weapon with the at will you use most often, probably the cleave one on guardian fighter

Okay, I definitely use cleave but my right-click I'm pretty sure is tide of iron; in full disclosure I'm comedically awful at keeping names of things straight.

Maybe I'll just get both, but cleave is definitely looking the higher priority. Thanks!

One last gearing-up question for the forseeable future--are there any noteworthily efficient ways to rack up a bunch of Grym Coins?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Trebuchet King posted:

One last gearing-up question for the forseeable future--are there any noteworthily efficient ways to rack up a bunch of Grym Coins?

Queue for GG PVP during Armories of Moradin while you're doing your dailies to get 1 share and a few negligible coins.

Go into the Gauntlgrym zone during Delzoun Crypts and ask in LFG to join a 'FC Coin farm group' then do as many runs as you can in that half hour.

Getting 1 point in the Gauntlgrym PVP campaign will give you a chest with 30 coins.

This is usually most easily done by getting the '100 capture points pip' so mount up and pretend to play Mario Kart while you capture all the red points.

oriface
Jul 13, 2006
Welp, I am done with this game if they make the RP items BOP. They say they are doing it to stop the bots, but the bot's cheap RP is only way this game isn't horribly broken and totally pay to win. I am actually ok with pay to win, if it isn't pay a paycheck to level an artifact that will be made obsolete in the next module to lose.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Haha making drops from Hoard and Fey enchants BoA made the botters angry.

Looks like a DDOS attack happening right now.

Neverwinter Forums posted:

Service Unavailable - Zero size object
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #15.147833b8.1415462760.11632bd3

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That regularly happens to their forums I assume because they are cheap

And that sounds like an awful unpleasant idea on their part.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 8, 2014

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Goofballs posted:

That regularly happens to their forums I assume because they are cheap

And that sounds like an awful unpleasant idea on their part.

Man I wonder what the overhead even is for their Neverwinter department.

quote:

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141104a.1

Classes and Balance

Control Wizard

Arcane Presence: Now also passively increases your recharge speed by 5/10/15%.
Chill Strike: This power now activates 40% faster.
Chilling Presence: Damage bonus increased to 2% per stack (per rank) and is doubled on Frozen targets.
Entangling Force: This power now activates 40% faster.
Fanning the Flames: This power now activates 40% faster."
Icy Rays marked target duration has been reduced to a more reasonable time.
Icy Rays: Targets can now be marked while moving.
Icy Rays: The follow up portion of this power now activates 40% faster.
Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now activates 40% faster.
Repel: This power now activates 40% faster.
Sudden Storm: This power now activates 40% faster.

Devoted Cleric

Daunting Light: Now properly grants AP again.
Divine Mode: Casting speed on all encounter powers has been substantially incerased in Divine Mode.
Forgemaster's Flame: Now correctly slows NPCs for the proper amount.
Searing Light: Now properly benefits from Empowerment again."
Guardian Fighter
Knights Valor: Now targets the closest 5 players rather than an unlimited number.

Trickster Rogue

Bait and Switch: The Bait and Switch Dummy will now more effectively taunt targets and grab their attention.
Cloud of Steel: Applies a stacking damage buff on the target for 4 seconds. Each stack increases the damage of Cloud of Steel by 5%, stacking up to 8 times.
Sly Flourish: Now applies Broken Armor for 15 seconds (up from 6).
Sly Flourish: Overall damage now increased by 15% on all strikes.
Smoke Bomb now deals Poison damage over time to all targets caught within it.
Stealth Depletion: Stealth depletion is now based on base stealth Duration rather than modified duration."
Stealth: Stealth depletion from damage is now directly related to how much damage the target deals. You lose an amount equal to the percent of HP that you lose in the attack.

Content and Environment

Castle Never: Resolved the door in front of Dracolich fight to prevent multiple players double-interacting with it and closing the door.
Lair of the Pirate King: The puzzle treasure chest near the ledge has been slightly redesigned.
Well of Dragons: Lay of the Land: The interact FX now consistently display.
Well of Dragons: Resolved some enemy respawn timers on several Heroic Encounters.

Enemies

Tiamat: Enemies in this fight now have increased resistance to control effects except knock back effects.
Tiamat: Her Breath weapons no longer affect companions such as a lightning bolt chaining from them onto you or an ally.

Items and Economy

All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive.

User Interface

Artifact Gear related UI has received a few cosmetic updates such as floating level up notifications. More FLUPS!
Currencies now all show an item gained notification in the bottom right of the screen.

Bolded the part that's causing such a fuss.

CN doors :lol:

Looks like PVP CWs should be happy though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Servers went down :/

Wizards pvp probably won't get much better although people are freaking out about it as usual. Especially the chilling presence change but in real terms not so much.

Is their shitbox of a server letting you log in and dcing you after like 10 seconds?

seems semi functional again, everyone back to their dailies tea break is over

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 8, 2014

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Who has the link to the most recent version of the crafting script?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Who has the link to the most recent version of the crafting script?

It's in the OP. There's probably one with Jewelcrafting in it floating around but the next mod isn't even out for 9 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
I am running into an issue with the script not filling in the right number of leadership slots. I had one character doing tailoring until it was maxed, then I wanted to switch the tailoring slots to leadership. the slots are not being used for leadership or any other trade skill.

Do I need to remove and re-add the script? Is there a file with the names and numbers of my characters that would make reloading easier?

Different note: Extra Character Slots cost 325 zen down from 500 for temporary sale.

notanewfag fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 11, 2014

• Locked thread