Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
The thing about New Super Mario Bros is that it strikes me as what would happen if Nintendo never did Super Mario Bros 3 and just kept going in the same way they did 1 and 2 for the rest of the series. They add new minor mechanics but overall the game stays largely the same and doesn't do anything to surprise you. I still play it, but the "new" title really just doesn't fit it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Actually, Sumo Bros are the ones from Mario World that stomp the ground and drop lightning/fire on you. Those guys on the ship were Sledge Bros.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Apparently, the developers had planned to make Miis playable in every level, but decided against it at some point, possibly because Miis look really ugly in a platformer.

They made a big deal about "New Super Mario Bros Mii" at E3 one year. There's no reason they couldn't have kept that feature.

• Locked thread