Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson did exactly what they were supposed to today and beat SC State 73-7.

73-7...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Quandary posted:

Michigan State Pass Protection

That play was textbook 'how to gently caress up playing power football against a speed football team' and I laughed at it really hard.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

say no to bats posted:

What a glorious day for B1G Ten football.

The absolute embarrassment by Michigan takes the cake today, but the Buckeyes showing many glaring weaknesses will shut up the many Browns fans who are rabid Buckeye homers and get insufferable to listen to throughout the fall nice and early. No more title aspirations, no "if the Bucks are undefeated they are guaranteed a playoff spot!!!11" talk.

Win win today really.

Anyone who pays attention saw this coming. I mean, I root for my team to win and all, but fucks sake, let's be real.

At least the band got in a good halftime show before that scandal shuts their show down.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Scarf posted:

Clemson did exactly what they were supposed to today and beat SC State 73-7.

73-7...

Arkansas also beat their opponent 73-7 so congrats on being Bielema tier.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Captain von Trapp posted:

Any interest in a moon poll thread? The one last year was a little thinner than usual, but they're still usually pretty fun.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660150

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Also Deshaun Watson looked monumentally better than Cole Stout and will likely be our starter by the end of the year...

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
I'm still in disbelief that we pulled out the win. For Stanford to make it into the red zone 9 times and come away with only 10 points...just unbelievable. Pretty sure my 20 month old is now terrified of football based on how much noise, jumping, and white guy dancing followed the sack/forced fumble at the end of the game.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Nice. My poll doesn't run until every team's linked to every other team, but I'm glad to see the thread's up.

Catholic Hooker
Mar 30, 2007

swickles posted:

Arkansas also beat their opponent 73-7 so congrats on being Bielema tier.

Broke a 10 game losing streak against Nicholls State though yeah! Time to celebrate now right guys?

...Guys?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I honestly don't know how to behave because VT's never gone on the road to a place like that and gotten a win of this caliber.

Oh nevermind, FEELS loving AWESOME.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
oh hey predictably Texas's junior high linemen were able to do absolutely nothing against BYU but we kept running right into it anyways. we steadfastly refused to make any sort of downfield throw to back BYU off the line so this game was pretty academic from BYU's point of view. our defense did a pretty admirable job but there is only so much you can do when your run-oriented offense struggles to get back to the line of scrimmage.

oh almost forgot, our kicker sucks hard

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
That Michigan cancer kid from Gameday this morning might've been better at QB today.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This is Michigan football:

Go Blewey

That is all.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

go3 posted:

oh hey predictably Texas's junior high linemen were able to do absolutely nothing against BYU but we kept running right into it anyways. we steadfastly refused to make any sort of downfield throw to back BYU off the line so this game was pretty academic from BYU's point of view. our defense did a pretty admirable job but there is only so much you can do when your run-oriented offense struggles to get back to the line of scrimmage.

oh almost forgot, our kicker sucks hard

I predict Texas 31 – Oklahoma 22.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Captain von Trapp posted:

Nice. My poll doesn't run until every team's linked to every other team, but I'm glad to see the thread's up.

Yeah I imagine we're probably not gonna see much until week four or so but I figured I'd go ahead and make the thread so I wouldn't forget to later.

Still haven't actually fixed my poll yet. :cripes:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Legendary chokes leading the way out of the power five.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
pee pee doo doo texas is bad at football. our offensive line is probably a war crime.

Blake Sims is good(?) Not sure how he's going to do against an actual defense, but from what I saw Coker would poo poo his pants and throw a screen 20 rows into the seats, so

this is a very interesting Alabama team. We might(will) end up in some crazy games this year, pretty sure. The Florida game should be illuminating.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern football is terrible, Trevor Siemian is a human disaster, and we will maybe beat purdue.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the best team in the state of illinois is NIU

lol

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern football is terrible, Trevor Siemian is a human disaster, and we will maybe beat purdue.

Based on watching Purdue today I'm going to say they are the worst in the Big Ten. There is losing to a MAC team and then there's what Purdue did today.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Urban Meyer, 0 - 3 in his last 3 games against the ACC.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DJExile posted:

the best team in the state of illinois is NIU

lol

This has been true for four years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Based on watching Purdue today I'm going to say they are the worst in the Big Ten. There is losing to a MAC team and then there's what Purdue did today.

For the record, Central has been stuck as a middle-of-the-road MAC team at best for quite a while now. They're the best of the directionals and they're better than Miami and UMass but that's really not saying much at all.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Never forget :unsmith:
http://youtu.be/NTk22g6jdAY?t=6m41s

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Virginia Tech pulled off arguably their biggest road win ever beating #8 Ohio State in Columbus. Michael Brewer continues to look increasingly competent at quarterback which is nice. The freshmen came through again this week, as well. Running game was a problem though. Deon Newsome finished as the leading rusher, off of jet sweeps. I think this was mostly because the running game wasn't working and the passing game was effective. Oh yeah a fullback was a giant key to the offense.

Defense was spectacular of course. Kendall Fuller going out was disappointing but Riley is a junior and had experience. He came through in a big way with the game-sealing pick-6. Still need to work on stopping explosive plays.

Joey Slye was fine, the field goal was a considerable distance and just didn't make it. Pretty excited that there was a win.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Well ASU's extremely young defense looked confused and like horse poo poo versus New Mexico's triple option in the 2nd quarter, but I can't complain too much about a 58-23 final.

SR QB Taylor Kelly has looked out of sorts through the 1st two games, his completion percentage is way down and he's scrambling a bit more than I'd like. UNM did a pretty good job of shutting down stud WR Jalen Strong, limiting him to 3 catches for 43 yards and 1 TD. DJ Foster was amazing at RB, 19 carries for 216 yards and a TD plus 3 catches for 54 yards.

I'm glad ASU has Colorado and a bye week before UCLA. This defense needs a ton of work and ASU is going to need to win a lot of shoot outs if they're going to win more than 8 games this year. Though through 1 and 1/2 games so far UCLA hasn't looked like world beaters either.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan's kicker (Matt Wile) is terrible. I mean, really awful at what he does, which is kick field goals. He's missed like 5 in a row.

However, he is NOT a rapist, to the best of our knowledge, so we've got that going for us.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Heaf posted:

Virginia Tech pulled off arguably their biggest road win ever beating #8 Ohio State in Columbus.

Unquestionably the biggest true road win in program history. Bar loving none.

They won in the Shoe. Against a top 10 opponent.
vg
sdfbvdfbdfbdbdbhdfbgx vxzbdfbnxfbxbhdfnmjdfc

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan's kicker (Matt Wile) is terrible. I mean, really awful at what he does, which is kick field goals. He's missed like 5 in a row.

However, he is NOT a rapist, to the best of our knowledge, so we've got that going for us.

The Michigan offense didn't do him any favors by never ever entering the red zone.

But yeah he is terrible.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That kick where he almost took Graham Glasgow's head off was a thing of beauty.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grats hokie fans, yall are good people and that's a hell of a win for the program

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

DJExile posted:

For the record, Central has been stuck as a middle-of-the-road MAC team at best for quite a while now. They're the best of the directionals and they're better than Miami and UMass but that's really not saying much at all.

I've been following Central for years so yeah I know how mediocre they have been since LeFevour left.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Seriously, Ohio State losing makes up for a lot of how annoyed I am that Michigan is still terrible.

I wonder if Urban Meyer's chest is starting to tighten. Hoke's has, but that's just a typical night for him. He's like Chris Farley in the Superfans bit.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mahoning posted:

The Michigan offense didn't do him any favors by never ever entering the red zone.

But yeah he is terrible.

It's more frustrating because of all the hype about Nussmeier working with him and all the talk about how much he's learning and progressing.

Then he's dogshit in a high-pressure game.

We've got all season for him to keep learning, but we've seen this movie before enough times that we've got the ending figured out.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

DJExile posted:

grats hokie fans, yall are good people and that's a hell of a win for the program

best game of the day

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

I've been following Central for years so yeah I know how mediocre they have been since LeFevour left.

oh gotcha.

Honestly it's a shame to see them slip back. Brian Kelly and Butch Jones seemed to really give them some great momentum as a program and while that hasn't totally vanished, they just seem stuck in neutral now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Deteriorata posted:

It's more frustrating because of all the hype about Nussmeier working with him and all the talk about how much he's learning and progressing.

We've got all season for him to keep learning, but we've seen this movie before enough times that we've got the ending figured out.

They started off pretty promising in the game, and then ND made some adjustments and we kept waiting for Michigan to adjust and it didn't happen. Then panic sets in and we get all those loving turnovers.

Same story, every year.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DJExile posted:

nobody cares though, and a Big Ten team should beat a nobody like Middle Tennessee by a hell of a lot more than 11 points

:thejoke:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:saddowns:

woosh indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

They should have just been chucking the ball to Funchess or getting Gardner out of the pocket.

The whole Devin Gardner being a pocket passer is the exact opposite of what's beaten Notre Dame in the past.

• Locked thread