Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

There's a 1985 REM show taped in Germany at a place called "Rockpalast" floating around on Youtube. Michael Stipe all punked up with short white hair, getting really aggressive at an audience that probably doesn't understand much of what's going on, the band trying out new material that would end up on Fables. It's a great show, even features a short CCR cover.

REM, everything between Murmur and Out of Time especially, were the soundtrack of my late teens/early 20s and I get hopelessly nostalgic whenever I hear any of those albums playing. Never liked anything they did post-Monster, though, somehow the fire was gone and the band turned into a whiny art-rockers. At least they had the common decency to call it quits before they ran the whole thing completely to the ground, I saw them in 2008 and they could still really play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread