Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

paranoid randroid posted:

i remember peter buck saying in some liner notes somewhere that he'd been playing orange crush for like 5 years and still had no idea what the gently caress it meant

Pretty much every REM song is better when you don't know the meaning. You can't distinguish the songs that are supposed to be about vietnam or the '88 presidential election from the pure stream of consciousness rambling without a guidebook anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

precision posted:

kinda interested in that book Stipe's ex-boyfriend wrote, which supposedly talks all about how Stipe is a drug fueled dick machine

list of important pop music artists who were not fueled by drugs:
Queen
Frank Zappa

um

a bunch of boring canadians?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Benedick Cuckold posted:

surely you exaggerate. they only had one terrible album and even that had a good song on it
I really like Up but that has a lot to do with what was going on with my life when it came out. It has personal nostalgia (and it's a good album for that since it's full of melancholy nostalgic songs). If I seperate myself from that I don't think it's that good.

Reveal is crap, Around the Sun is even worse. They're both completely boring. Somehow Reveal has acquired some sort of prestige as being underrated. "This album wasn't actually worse than cancer", ok then.

Accelerate and Collapse are ok, but in a lot of ways sound like a really good REM cover band. They're short and full of constant-sound type songs, very claustrophobic. REM is better with a less is more type sound, but whatever they're good to throw in the car while driving.

• Locked thread