Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
n i no yea yea last time u gbs said op don't think so much but bear with me

what if while time traveling you die in the past ok

do u spawn as a ghost in the past like back then when you time traveled or do you appear as a ghost in your own time?

n if you are a ghost in the past do you keep being a ghost in the past all the way until the past is the future where youc ame from?

and what if you meET YOUR OWN GHO"ST IN THE FUTURE? how many ghosts are there?

(wish i had :science: for the tag here but i only have the word SCIENCE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

man.. imagine that... you're a ghost trying to warn your self not to travel back in time RIGHHT NOW.

but you can't hear your ghost self

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

lol there's a multiverse dude

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

dude!....Duuudddddddde

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

My mind just popped.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Your ghost appears in the past because you created a seperate timeline by changing history.

source: dragon ball z

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Your ghost can only wear old timey clothes and cannot play any videogames.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Your ghost appears in the past because you created a seperate timeline by changing history.

source: dragon ball z

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"Clock goes here" this is intriguing

i posted this for a school project and am looking for other resources like this so if you know of any links to papers etc please SHARE

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sorry time travel is impossibl;e time is a human construct everything happens at once we made up the concept of time to keep our fragile brains intact i know this because i was told by the wind

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

sorry time travel is impossibl;e time is a human construct everything happens at once we made up the concept of time to keep our fragile brains intact i know this because i was told by the wind
yeah well I hope the wind blows you away, bee :mad:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Your ghost could possess another person and that would allow you to have sex with your past self if we're talking Timecop rules.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
really makes u think when u think about it ..... dam this threads mad thoughtful

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Could your past-ghost kick your now-ghost out of your body and take over?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Lol um maybe watch a little show called Dr Who already or something and get a clue?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Time cuck

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I would not like to time travel, live in the moment imo

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Joust posted:

Your ghost could possess another person and that would allow you to have sex with your past self if we're talking Timecop rules.

i m thinkin more like quantum leap style but more realistic like say scott bakula died in 1950s like is he around when dean stockwell fucks up his marriage with his wife like hyelling all HEY HEY STOP YUORE BYMY FRIENDD

but ovviously not like qauntum leap in that scott vagkula is not a vghost in that show he is a quantum traveler NOT a time traveler (we talked this over in class and everybody is pretty clear about it tho i thought it was a pretty cool tpoic for a short paper)

still using 96 Compaq
May 16, 2007
not too smart if you don't not understand this
Wut if.. Wut if now bare with me now this is quite the revelation wut if ... Goatse man's anus was a portal to another, betterdimension and he was just trying to invitue us all in to this beautiful new world.

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

time is a 3D cube with infinite possible pathways, OP

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

chinaguyy01 posted:

Wut if.. Wut if now bare with me now this is quite the revelation wut if ... Goatse man's anus was a portal to another, betterdimension and he was just trying to invitue us all in to this beautiful new world.

BUTTerdimension

butter dimension

how much butter in that dimension???

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my teafhcher said about this guy borgs said he was liike his australian guy i think u no south america n that anyway professor said this guy got a story about a garden of forks or something n that had to do with time travel i think because time is like a garden which I BELIEVE connected to the GARDEN (hint) of eden but i dunno bec usually i smoke with my dudes before class

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
im gy

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
dr sam beckett never leapt home

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no this is wrong

refer to this diagram

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
we're all time traveling ghosts possessing sacks of bone and meat.

EDIT: also...I'm Gay

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
ghosts aren't real op. Neither is time travel.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Dead Precedents posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

then what?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Shuffle posted:

we're all time traveling ghosts possessing sacks of bone and meat.

EDIT: also...I'm Gay

Actually we are all unique and have valuable souls and Jesus loves us bc souls are like foie gras in heaven

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
p sure time is a rubber sheet w bowling balls on it op

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if u think about it everyone whos ever died has died in the past

to me thats a crazy thing to think about to me if u really think about it

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

that would make a good movie OP

also...

stay safe time-travel ghost

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ilikedirt posted:

if u think about it everyone whos ever died has died in the past

to me thats a crazy thing to think about to me if u really think about it

:wow: if you really think about me thinking about that if i think about really thinking about it thats a really crazy thing for me to think about if you think about me thinking about me thinking about you thinking about it..... :wow:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:xcom:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
:ramsay: :ramsay: :ramsay: :ramsay: :ramsay: :ramsay: :ramsay:
:xcom: :xcom: :xcom: :xcom: :xcom:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ghosts aren't bound to any earthly timeplane because they don't have a timeline (unlike our physical bodies). There is only ever one of any ghost, and even if your ghost went back in time to a place you knew you'd been earlier, you wouldn't meet your past ghost self.
This also explains why you can't kill yourself in the past. Your past self is already dead because your ghost (spirit) is in your present self. Killing it is like killing a zombie.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I wonder if I am straight in another dimensm

• Locked thread