Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Chalk me up as another person that thinks they sounded fine.

e: IF I have any complaints about it, it's that they do a poor job of hiding how stilted and disjoint games of this type can make dialogue. I seem to recall them getting better at making things flow fluidly as they added seasons though.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Samovar posted:

What about Sod?

A useful invention for planting grass without seeds

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I love how nobody said anything about Sam just walking up and manipulating the placards.

Well yeah, I mean he already announced himself as clearly unbiased so any tampering is clearly just to keep things running smoothly and definitely not to sabotage one of the candidates.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Samovar posted:

Well, I guess we all know who the big bad is, then.

Well yeah, I mean Roy G Biv is a common mnemonic for the colors in a rainbow, It'd take a complete idiot to not realize that it refers to Bosco, the only man of color in the series thus far.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

What about Sam? But he is a dog after all. I doubt that Bosco is the main villain in the series, he's a staple character and I'm pretty sure he's in series two in the same capacity. My memories of series two are even more surreal than the first, something to look forward too I guess.

(It was an off color joke :ssh:)

Although now that I think on it, the man does have a satellite capable of downing nukes....

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
I was certainly expecting Hugh when they pulled out the "Now who could that be?" ending.

I did not expect moon Hugh.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 24, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Huh, when the game said the centerpiece of the episode was a giant volcano on the verge of exploding I was certain that at some point the vision of Christmas future from last episode would be involved. Still that lava had to go somewhere so it still might show up yet.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

Kennedy was president in September '63; it was about 2 months before his assassination. Kind of weird how they were coy on stating explicitly who it was, unless maybe it's a reveal later on that it's someone else due to time travel shenanigans.

Given the "Things to do in Dallas"(The location of the assassination) flier I think it's safe to assume they didn't change it from Kennedy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You know, it's the little things that can make you laugh.
Like the "God Bless" at the bottom of the card attached to the cardboard box.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Don't forget, they've also done so many marvelous things for us all. They got rid of Brady Culture, they're stars in a sitcom, Max is President, and they melted the Soda Poppers down to just the eyeballs. I think they've done enough to balance the karma, despite Max's best efforts otherwise.

I think satan disagreed with you at the end of this episode :colbert:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

As soon as it was mentioned my immediate thought was Bosco, I was going to comment but thought it was too obvious.

We didn't have a card for it though, Kringle must of been on holiday during that episode.

I just wish cow Maximus could use the toys. Having cow him scream at T.H.E.M. would have been great.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

ZeeToo posted:

The Noir option is fantastic.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Samovar posted:

I like how Sam forced a 5 o'clock shadow through sheer will-power.

In this dark dreary existence, we all have our 5 o'clock shadows. Meaningless reminders of the things we have failed to do, hanging on like the itchy pointy little hairs they are.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

They *really* ramped up the story in this season. Wow.
When you're a pharaoh, you'll play an instrument using any organ you want, godsdamnit.

:golfclap:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The only thing Max is opposing Sammun-Mak for is the fact that Sammun-Mak is the frivolous ruler of earth instead of Max. He hasn't done anything so far that Max wouldn't have done in his position. What I'm saying is that he's a fun villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Congratulations on finishing your 17-game mega-LP, Rocket Baby Dolls. I'm glad that someone has finally made a wonderful LP of these games.

I remember really disliking the ending, feeling that it's not our Max and that all the preceding stories had been ret-conned. It does seem strange to end three seasons of wacky adventures on such a down note. And I sadly doubt Season 4 will be making an appearance anytime soon.

I dunno I thought the downbeat ending with dark grizzly life in the city going on worked really well with all the noir jokes the game made.

• Locked thread