Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

evilmiera posted:

Some of the best bits of Sam & Max's setting, in the comics, the tv series and in this game, are the tacky bits of Americana. Another thing I don't think the Telltale games got exactly right.

I really think the show was closest to the comic, spiritually, despite them having to tone down/alter the violence (luger and comically oversized revolver? Not for kiddies! Bazookas and flamethrowers? Sure, kids love that stuff!) It's a real shame it didn't last very long. According to one of my coworkers, who's a bit of a Sam and Max buff, the show did poorly because the network kept changing the time slot willy nilly and didn't really advertise it. When it got bad ratings, because nobody could consistently watch it with the shifting airings, it got canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Something I don't think you commented on in the video (I'm still watching it right now), but when Sam comments on the "particularly gruesome case" he remembers, the date on the box was 03-03-04. This is the date LucasArts announced they were cancelling Sam & Max: Freelance Police, which was the original planned 3D sequel to Hit the Road.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Sam's voice improves a little as Season 1 goes along, improves a fair bit in Season 2, and hits its stride in Season 3 (and Poker Night 2.)

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Six in the first season, six in the second and five in the third. Seventeen in total, I don't think that I ever finished the second season and I'm pretty sure I've never even touched season three.

I could've sworn there were only 5 in the second season.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I love how the rightmost bear's left eye is broken and twitches as the animatronics try to make it rotate. This episode was one of my favorites of the first season.

Edit: Fun fact: 'Boris Krinkle' was the name of one of the characters in Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, a prior game of Telltale's. Leonard Steakcharmer and Boris Krinkle have the same face models, only Leonard's is a bit cleaner and adds the handlebar mustache.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The line "Well here we are, standing in an open field west of the White House." is a reference to Zork.

> You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.

• Locked thread