Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

timp posted:

:ssh: That'll be the focus of the Boardwalk Empire movie!
I wish. On the bright side, at least Boardwalk Empire got a final season to wrap things up (although somewhat hastily done at points). The Borgias got cancelled outright and Showtime originally planned a movie to tie up loose ends, but then they axed that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I'm pretty sure "movie to wrap things up" is the equivalent of telling your kid at a grocery store that you have candy at home that you'll give him.

Shuts him up.

The candy is a lie.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Did the Entourage movie ever come out? That was the closest a "movie to wrap things up" ever came to happening (not that anyone actually wanted any more Entourage"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

xcore posted:

Did the Entourage movie ever come out? That was the closest a "movie to wrap things up" ever came to happening (not that anyone actually wanted any more Entourage"

It's coming. June 5, 2015.

I want to see it...but I also want to be drunk, with my own "entourage" of drunk friends, in an empty theater, so we can properly hate that film like God intended.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Shadow posted:

I'm pretty sure "movie to wrap things up" is the equivalent of telling your kid at a grocery store that you have candy at home that you'll give him.

Shuts him up.

The candy is a lie.
I want my goddamn Borgias candy :mad:

(Just don't poison it.)

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

xcore posted:

I frankly don't even know why this movie is being made. The show was just a repeated merry-go-around of "Everything Works Out."

Vince has an opportunity.
Vince flounders the opportunity.
Conflicts!
FIRE HIM!
Director left!
WE NEED THAT SCRIPT DANA
Oh look in the 11th hour some better director/script/star has joined.
Vince wins.

Do we REALLY need another 2 hours that depict this? The show was fun, but the last couple of seasons just felt like the same exact poo poo formula like 5 times.

An if it's a self-indulgent "look where they are now," it'll be even worse.

Turtle's married with a kid.
Drama's married or in a serious relationship but it'll be going through some rocky times (oh Drama!)
Eric will be Ari 2.0 and Ari's rival.
Ari will be trying to reclaim some lost glory (don't worry, he and Eric will end up starting a new Agency. It'll be called "Murphy Gold" because Ari's gotten humbler in his older age!)
Vince will be a mess and clean up with some normal non-famous chick and live happily ever after.

I wish they'd just make with the mother loving Deadwood movie. That's at least something that would really make a lot of people happy and be very interesting. Especially after they loving lied about it to shut the fans up.

Edit:

Wait, I know why the movie's being made. It's to give Adrian Grenier something to do. I don't think the guy's done poo poo since Entourage.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 13, 2014

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow posted:

Wait, I know why the movie's being made. It's to give Adrian Grenier something to do. I don't think the guy's done poo poo since Entourage.

Probably because he's a bad actor, lol.

I really loved binge-watching Entourage when I didn't have cable, but I caught up to the last season as it aired live and stopped watching the moment after I heard an actress unironically deliver the line "Turtle. I'm totes kidding with you" Goddamn that show got lovely.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Is that the hispanic chick he ends up with? Holy poo poo that girl was horrible and treated him like poo poo. It makes sense for the character though. Turtle pretty much gives off the aura of "pushover bitch boy" for a girl looking to take advantage.

And yeah, he is a pretty bad actor. I think Entourage worked because it seems cheap to make and Vince being the worst actor was fine since he's depicted as a self-important drama queen. So his direction was simply, "Adrian... act disinterested and tired."

Adrian: "huh?"
Director: "PERFECT!"

Edit: You gotta wonder if Grenier's main issue with not getting work is due in part to the fact that as "Vincent Chase" he achieved levels of stardom that Adrian Grenier never hoped to achieve and as a result he fooled himself into thinking that he should be the next Iron Man or whatever.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow posted:

Is that the hispanic chick he ends up with? Holy poo poo that girl was horrible and treated him like poo poo. It makes sense for the character though. Turtle pretty much gives off the aura of "pushover bitch boy" for a girl looking to take advantage.

And yeah, he is a pretty bad actor. I think Entourage worked because it seems cheap to make and Vince being the worst actor was fine since he's depicted as a self-important drama queen. So his direction was simply, "Adrian... act disinterested and tired."

Nah, it was one of his employees at the shoe factory or tequila store or whatever the gently caress he was doing.

fake edit: I just remembered, it was the hot girls limo company.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Ah, right, when an entire fleet of women treated Turtle like the Bitch Boy he is.

God, and his obsession with "kicks." OMG VINCE THIS GUY IS AN ARTIST SO I NEED HIS $10,000 SNEAKERS OTHERWISE MY LIFE IS RUINED.

They should have killed Turtle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

xcore posted:

It happened for Farscape, amazingly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Firefly

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Also Twin Peaks, sort of.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Also Twin Peaks, sort of.

nothing will ever wrap things up for twin peaks. there will be thousands of new unanswered questions by the end of the third season

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
Any 'closure'/'gap years coverage' providing movie for Boardwalk Empire should follow the pacing of the series arc over all seasons: A rich well-written period drama that shows different facets of the era's social issues as part of the fabric of Nucky's criminal doings, instant grat/short attention span peasants will pan this portion of the film calling it boring, it will carry on for like an hour and a half before descending into a frenzied final 20mins that are rapid fire flashbacks and 2d4 Beloved Characters getting shot every 5-minutes leading up to the abrupt arrival of the credits.

Afterthought post-credits scene of AR being shot.

Minimal context provided.

:greenangel:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Any 'closure'/'gap years coverage' providing movie for Boardwalk Empire should follow the pacing of the series arc over all seasons: A rich well-written period drama that shows different facets of the era's social issues as part of the fabric of Nucky's criminal doings, instant grat/short attention span peasants will pan this portion of the film calling it boring, it will carry on for like an hour and a half before descending into a frenzied final 20mins that are rapid fire flashbacks and 2d4 Beloved Characters getting shot every 5-minutes leading up to the abrupt arrival of the credits.

Afterthought post-credits scene of AR being shot.

Minimal context provided.

:greenangel:

Or instead of getting shot, we see a tornado coming suspiciously close to AR one day. Will it suck him up, punishing him for all his sins as a gangster and gambler? The audience waits in anticipation for the character's fate.

The film then immediately ends.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Or instead of getting shot, we see a tornado coming suspiciously close to AR one day. Will it suck him up, punishing him for all his sins as a gangster and gambler? The audience waits in anticipation for the character's fate.

The film then immediately ends.

Ahahaha, good one. Man, Michael Stahlburg is so amazing being Rothstein that I keep forgetting he was A Serious Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ian McShane is 72

Richard Harrow was cool

• Locked thread