Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

what should i buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

withak posted:

Kimchi obviously

we make our own

oh! never tried it, is it any good?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

jarvis cocker posted:

what kind of asian are we talking here thats not specific enough

sorta pan-asiatic

not quite a 'hey what are you doing here round-eye'-stare (not racist, it happens) everytime you turn a corner, but most of the workers and patrons are chinese, vietnamese, or indian, or cosmopolitian white people

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Xenophon posted:

oh, and whole cardamom is usually available at those places significantly cheaper than western grocery stores, it's a really versatile spice

you sir/ma'am are a genius :)

i use it with pork and it's very nice on top of rice pudding or in tea, and we just ran out

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

trip report:

i don't know what this means, but that's my finger

so inside i took a bunch of weird photos of weird things we found at the asian supermarket

like this dude called me a "white ghost" which is a pretty cool handle, so he gets a nod :)

lol

durian, the magical fruit

apparently this is the bible of ruminants

just a whole isle of noodles

:puckout:

ugh these things creep me out

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

drink_bleach posted:

Is that the asian supermarket on Lamar?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

drink_bleach posted:

There used to be the most amazing dim-sum place in that shopping center but then it went out of business. RIP.

oh yes i ate there once with friends years ago, it was delicious

apparently chinatown is good and there's one off of greystone near far west and mopac, they have dim sum sat & sun

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Kumo go get a sandwich at Baguette House they are the best in town

i will, and if it is better than tam's i will cry beautiful, terrible tears of rage and sorrow at you

• Locked thread