Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

hi I'm an upper middle class white lady and I believe the traditional school system has failed my children so I'm going to let them only study what/when they want to learn

*kid doesn't want to learn math*

*kid never learns math*

i am such a good parent

Vaccines? VACCINES? THEY CAUSE THE AUTISM. JENNY MCCRATNY SAID SO, ALSO REPUBLICANS ARE BETTER. Ok, I'm spent, time to get my hubby to call that nice black guy down the road to get our usual cuck seesion on.

^ Every Southern Women I have ever met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Why is not obligatory to go to school in the US? Even worse, why is home schooling seen as legally valid? :psyduck: You are worse than a third world country.

https://www.hslda.org/laws/

In some states you can just say, my kids staying home, give them a diploma when they are 17~18ish. It is kind of funny.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

same.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

so like in new jersey (America's armpit) or texas (America's butthole), kids seriously don't need to attend school? A parent could just let the kid sit around and give their illiterate child a diploma at age 18? gat dayum, son

Land of the free and that, goes back to local farming laws, still on the books. Long as your kid weeds your lawn they be a farmer.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

nomadologique posted:

what don't these euros understand about "america is for freedom"

Hey man america isn't

https://rankingamerica.wordpress.com/category/education/page/2/

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

...of SCIENCE! posted:

the face of unschooling

Wasn't this the guy that shot up a school or something?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Chris Christie posted:

Why exactly do you think it should not be allowed if it will provide a better education??? I can certainly understand forcing someone to send their kid to school if the child tests BELOW their public school peers and is not receiving adequate education. But what about the opposite instances, where forcing a child to spend 8 hours a day in public school would lower the quality of education they are receiving???

I'd hate to live in a country where I was forced at gunpoint to provide inferior education to my child. That sounds more "3rd world" to me.

In new york, kids study to pass a test at the end of the year, in between you watch movies and get homework, sometimes. If the kid doesn't pass the test the school gets a negative rating, when the rating reaches a threshold, they get more money next year. It's like the NFL draft but with schools.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

GORDON posted:

I dont understand why if the kid passes the required tests why the credentials of the teacher matter.

I don't homeschool but I am also getting tired of the local teachers union doing a bunch of passive aggressive poo poo to the kids because they have a beef with parents not passive levies.

Nice AV, I should get one.

hrmm.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

argondamn posted:

did i post in the wrong thread what is this poo poo

The kids you bear as children are weapons of mass destruction/saviors/heroes, in the future.

just saying.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

ha.

no, I wasn't homeschooled. But I also didn't go through the public education system like some of you plebs. And if you thought that post was serious, as you seem to have, your mom must not have taught you sarcasm. she definitely taught you intolerance though. so that's cool, i guess.

I scored 1370 on the old SATS out of a 1500 possibrue. I told the G.E.D test drunk and hungover and got 1430 points out off 1500. Public eduacation is a joke, hell I still get letters from "schools" to be a lecturer.

Real life is much much better.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i actually encourage more parents to unschool their children because the employment market is diluted by too many people with college degrees and if more people unschool their kids there will be more jobs available for me when the baby boomers finally all die

Most US companies are offshore outfits these days, just teach your children how to speak another language, instead of american, easy 20k upgrade.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

Every home-schooled person I have every met is just like anyone else who has come up through any education system in american, public or private.

They could be perfectly well adjusted, on par intelligence, and just all around normal. Or they could be a gently caress up. I don't see one trend dominating the other.

43 students to a class is welcoming failure.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

a starwar betamax posted:

Its posts like these this make me glad I still read gbs

I got accepted to like 13 swchoools all around the country, but me with my broken brain, i went to florida into the lions den.

Bio-electrical engineer you say, youre fighting the pharma corps they says,

I was like yes once, now all my maths and stuff are locked away nevr to be seen.

wanna walk with a broken spine thats on you now, academics hosed me over.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

besides i like getting drunk and rubboing it in your faces sdaying youre doing it wrong.

youll get there

the question is though im do myself in cause i got a lump on my neck and i hate doctors, i could die sleeping

thatd be funny, also, all the stuff in my will is burned

except the accounts.

all accounts g to people, is money.

nothing more nothing less.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I don't care I just wanted to point out that my SATs were way higher than yours

and?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

I once got bored and made an ashtray out of a cadavers hand and such in a prestigiesge university,

was cool

security was freaked out

they were like, why are you here?

i told um i got bored so I made a dead mans hands an ashtray

its a crime now

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Public school is great, it teaches you that you are not special and that if you want to be even remotely successful you boy do you have to study because there are a bunch of other kids who are thinking the same thing as you are scrambling to avoid a life of quiet desperation and struggle

join a gang or i'll kill you is public school in 2014.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

why would you even take the SAT when you can go to a community college for two years and save like $20k? pretty sure that's not a sign of intelligence

yeah, get all the requirements out of the way first, like a responsible human, get denied after taking the reqs. American college.jpg.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

RedMage129 posted:

Being a teacher blows. I was going to try that route, but no loving way. You get poo poo pay to be under the microscope 24/7 by parents who are intolerable assholes. If your students gently caress off you can't fail them or you get blamed for it. Standardized testing is horseshit but you are required by law to teach to it. And the minute you ask for maybe just a little bit more money the public goes loving berserk about "greedy teacher's union thugs."

I agree that a lot of teachers are lovely, but I think most of the time they start out actually trying and quickly learn to just say "gently caress it," and collect a paycheck.

yeah

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Khanstant posted:

If someone is willing to accept that robots are going to replace pretty much the last american labor force, why would you think any other job would be safe either? Humans are awful at everything, robots will eventually replace us all, right?

Robots are feautured in car commercials as a fetish.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7lt_/cadillac-summers-best-event-robots

you tell me.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

most art dergree majors don't hit it big until they are dead
anyways.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

i once uploaded a 154413 line code into pastebi.

and you guys compiled it, that made me so happy that the poo poo actually worked

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

i have no more code to give, its yours

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

im get drunk and troll tinychat awhile naked

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

true story drunk coding is the best

it checks every port from 17~21397, at thew same time. lol

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

I'm a irish man pissing in the sea, and a mermaid gives me a bloe job, no one believes it.

same

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

i do love my the hyper part

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

BombiTheZombie posted:

I guess Idiocracy was more prophetic of the future than people thought.

ritalin is the number prescribed drug in america at leaste

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Dirty Sanchez posted:

They had prisoners come into my school to scare the bad kids and once it was a lady with multiple personalities who was there to raise awareness or something. You should accept one of those offers sometime.

Same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uco-2V4ytYQ

I was accepted.

lol.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

well..

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

The Hissing Butt posted:

that's why you're gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzUQ2p1ESs&index=4&list=PL6A9D6841A6C1E978

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

<is a guy by the way

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

oh right im a male guy with a penis who has no fetishes to apopeases the community,

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

ColdReaches posted:

oh right im a male guy with a penis who has no fetishes to apopeases the community,

stckings make a woman hotter

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic01Vhiyrb4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013