Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

they won't learn math in a public school anyway so what's the point?

seriously most public schools
in the US are so loving terrible you can't really do much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Who What Now posted:

You have no clue how absolutely stupid American parents are. They can, and will, do a lot worse.

i'm American so i do know.

there is functionally almost no difference between a stupid American parent and a stupid American teacher, except the teacher probably has more debt from getting their teaching credential

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i actually encourage more parents to unschool their children because the employment market is diluted by too many people with college degrees and if more people unschool their kids there will be more jobs available for me when the baby boomers finally all die

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

why would you even take the SAT when you can go to a community college for two years and save like $20k? pretty sure that's not a sign of intelligence

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

ColdReaches posted:

yeah, get all the requirements out of the way first, like a responsible human, get denied after taking the reqs. American college.jpg.

you only get denied if you're an idiot with a sub 2.0 GPA. universities love transfer students

you don't seem to understand anything about education

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i went to a private school through 5th grade. it had a teacher to student ratio of no worse than 1:15 and a couple hours of 1:5 small group lessons per day. starting with 6th grade i went to public school and learned absolutely nothing until i quit highschool at 17 and went to community college instead.

i will send my kids to private school or homeschool them. california public schools, even in wealthy districts, are utter garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Al Cowens posted:

My experience reflects yours except I just flat out wouldn't raise children in the States. I swear to god when that time comes I'm emigrating (no loving idea where though)

Yeah, same here, honestly. My wife is
from a country with a decent education system (and high quality national health care!) so I've insisted we move back there once we start spawning children.

• Locked thread