Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
paxton gifted a perfect TOOTBLAN inning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

The Pussy Boss posted:

haha i'm watching some of the Jeter Day stuff and they sure turned out the A-List for this shindig. Michael Jordan?? lol

e: loving NASA astronauts from the space station :lol:

Jeterfest 2014 has now reached the levels of self-parody... Amazing.

E: Cano, ugh.

Gina like vagina fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 7, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
And then Cano gives the Rangers a TOOTBLAN.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Krigen posted:

Jeterfest 2014 has now reached the levels of self-parody...

... OK, this is it. The last straw. We all need to be grown-ups and stop begrudging this god among men, Derek Oglethorpe Jeter, his due.

Let's face it. This is important. In a few weeks, the only man in the annals of the history of this wonderful nation (nay, the world) who ever played baseball will retire. If you ask me, we can't make a big enough deal about it.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

tarlibone posted:

... OK, this is it. The last straw. We all need to be grown-ups and stop begrudging this god among men, Derek Oglethorpe Jeter, his due.

Let's face it. This is important. In a few weeks, the only man in the annals of the history of this wonderful nation (nay, the world) who ever played baseball will retire. If you ask me, we can't make a big enough deal about it.

Clearly this planet is just too small for Derek Jeter and NASA is working on blasting him into the far reaches of space to teach lesser species the gift of Jeterball.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

tarlibone posted:

This is amazing.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
CJ Cron's dinger was loving mashed drat he turned on that one quickly.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Crow coming in with a runner on? I don't like this...

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
I have no idea who Mike Adams is, but he looks like the hybrid child of Jim Johnson and Raul Ibanez.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Angels extra base hits today :eyepop:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
This Brewers catcher, Maldonado, is pretty loving amazing behind the plate. A while ago, I heard one of the guys calling the game say that the Brewers might be leaning toward transitioning Lucroy to first base full-time and giving the catching job to Maldonado. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

« Edit » ... aaaaaaaand, right on cue, a throwing error by Maldonado allows the runners to advance and a run to score.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

RIP Brewers

They Never Scored

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dammit Kyle.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Some Numbers posted:

Dammit Kyle.

I don't care how well you've historically done on 3-0 counts, you shouldn't swing on them.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Thanks to Carpenter's TOOTBLAN, that last play wasn't a complete disaster for the Brewers.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Krigen posted:

I don't care how well you've historically done on 3-0 counts, you shouldn't swing on them.

Probably true.

Halfway through and no runs on either side!

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cards good very happy

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Ugh... Error on Morales. I know Morales is the hotter hitter right now but I much prefer LoMo on 1st.

E: Seattle 'Double-play' Mariners.

Some Numbers posted:

They put the error on Cano.

I understand why but that's just hilarious, given that it was a perfect throw and Morales' ham-hands were at fault.

Gina like vagina fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 7, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Krigen posted:

Ugh... Error on Morales. I know Morales is the hotter hitter right now but I much prefer LoMo on 1st.

They put the error on Cano.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Sizemore hits fair and stares in the box as he gets thrown out at 1st :lol:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
There's apparently someone in Wrigleyville using a drone-mounted camera to watch the game.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

that cubs player batflipped the poo poo out of that popup lol

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Krigen posted:

I understand why but that's just hilarious, given that it was a perfect throw and Morales' ham-hands were at fault.
It was in the dirt, but I agree.

I like Sucre more than Zunino.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Well thank goodness for these eight runs.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Centerfielder makes the catch and throws the ball back to the infield, where it eludes 4 Brewers, allowing the runner to advance. Boos ensue.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Some Numbers posted:

I like Sucre more than Zunino.

Yeah but Zunino hits dingers, DINGERS!

If the Mariners can just teach Zunino some plate discipline, he'd be awesome.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm weird, but I prefer someone who can consistently hit singles and doubles to someone who hits a lot of dingers and strikes out a lot.

Pitch framing! RISP! Potential! Dnkfkdgkn! :frogsiren:

Gina like vagina fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 7, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm weird, but I prefer someone who can consistently hit singles and doubles to someone who hits a lot of dingers and strikes out a lot.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

after most of the cardinal outfielders not hitting most of the season they've all decided they can in fact hit now

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

dammit miguel montero, y'all would be leading the dodgers if you weren't so slow

p great throw by kemp though

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
gently caress THE DH :coal:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
:siren: Gerrit Cole first career ding shot :siren:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Shawn O'Malley gets an infield RBI single in his first mlb at bat... After 9 years in the minors. :unsmith:

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 7, 2014

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ahahahhahahahah ha Gerrit Cole you magnificent bastard

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Dear Pirates,

We give up. Please stop firing the cannons.

Sincerely,

The Cubs

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Explosionface posted:

Dear Pirates,

We give up. Please stop firing the cannons.

Sincerely,

The Cubs
After today I don't want a Pittsburgh to ever stop scoring lest they give up a huge lead and look like a bunch of goobers doing so

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
20 Runs in three days. Can we just keep playing the Cubs for the rest of the season, please?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

20 Runs in three days. Can we just keep playing the Cubs for the rest of the season, please?
3 more games against them :getin:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I'm actually more okay with this than you might expect. Mainly because gently caress the Brewers and the Cards, but might as well get one more pick as high as possible before this team gets good again.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
No Rafael Soriano Experience today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It might be time to take out Cole

• Locked thread