Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I chose Hamlin, which I'm sure will end up looking retarded, but I can't do anything that might make me subconsciously cheer for Kyle Busch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Slickdrac posted:

If someone wins in one of these races, they automatically advance to the next round right? Do they get any bonus points for that round for winning?

this is correct and I can't find anything anywhere that says a win gets you anything other than a spot in the next round.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JuffoWup posted:

You are asking for a game 7 with him squeaking into homestead. I want Johnson to just win every race including homestead just to show how pointless it is. That said, I'm sure France will personally tell them at one of the driver meetings pre-race to lose a race or else.

I don't think anything would bring me more joy than Jimmie winning nine straight races and then losing at Homestead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best thing that can happen is that it rains in Homestead right after the race is official.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Peanut President posted:

Do we really want a guy who loves swerves writing it?

2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champ Kasey Kahne

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Bristol 2002 is pretty fun. What got done to Bristol to change it?

re-surfacing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fauxhawk Express posted:

This was pretty much the highlight of the CoT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MrquaBBXQ

The best part of this is Larry selling the COT as the reason he lived and not the reason he went through that poo poo in the first place.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If anything the family should embrace the positive weed test. Now there's a reason other than your stupid family genetics that may have caused your son to act like a massive retard.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

poo poo I was at a concert.

gently caress yes, SRA!!!!!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jimmie will fail again next week and in the final two laps at talladega, vault like 10 spots to win and drop Junior from the bubble to eliminated.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The maximum comedy scenario is Kyle Busch finally wins a title, but Danica Patrick wins the Homestead race so nobody gives a poo poo that Kyle Busch won a title and he acts like a petulant dickhead because of it.

It would suck to see either of those things happen, let alone both together, but I really think it would be the most loving hilarious thing ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Slickdrac posted:

As in, NASCAR themselves revealed this exact image? Because looking at it in thumbnail form, all three elements legitimately look like they were pulled from different static images and then pasted into paint.

you say this like NASCAR is above doing that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would suck at driving a Sprint Cup car but if someone wanted to pay me a bunch of money for a year I'd sure as poo poo hop right in that fucker and suck as bad as I could suck for that one really awesome season.

Good for Sam.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Stenhouse's better half was 10th

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Inside Edition is the most hilariously loving terrible show. No other show could go straight from a feature-length piece about child rape to a cat playing a piano. It's America in one lovely terrible 30 minute package.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alain Post posted:

I'm going by subjective eyeball-test here, obviously. This is fine, because "who was the best driver of the year" is not an objective question.

Going by subjective eyeball test, Jeff Gordon looked like a big loving dork and Terry Labonte had a bitchin' mustache so do you want the esteemed cigarette trophy held up by someone who looks a Geek Squad dipshit or do you want it held up by a real man.

I rest my case.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Arda Ocal sounds like some kind of marine species

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jimmie's hosed better throw a yellow

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

anotherblownsave posted:

There's about to be a massive wreck

Yep

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha literally everyone with the "gently caress Jimmie"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Of course it's biffle

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress yes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Was getting Jimmy out of the Chase a desirable outcome for NASCAR?

It depends.

I think it's always good to have new faces holding the trophy at the end of the season but short of someone dominating in the next few races or one of the final four shitkicking the field at Homestead, whoever wins is going to have the proverbial asterisk next to their title to most fans because of the system.

If it's Carl, Denny or Newman, it's going to 100% be chalked up to the format. If it's Brad, people are going to be pissed. If it's Kenseth or Logano nobody will care.

The only overall positive outcome for them is Gordon or Harvick winning because I think people generally like those guys these days and would be willing to look past the Chase bullshit for them having won a title.

That's assuming there's not a massive tune out starting next week, which is entirely possible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bhester posted:

My power rankings of who I want to see win the championship:
1. Harvick
2. Kenseth
3. Newman
4. Logano
5. Gordon
6. Keselowski
7. Edwards
8. Obama makes NASCAR illegal
9. Global apocalypse
10. Hamlin

Also, I like this format. A couple minor tweaks would make me like it more, but alas, I like it.

1. Harvick
2. Newman
3. Gordon
4. Brad
5. Logano
6. Kenseth
7. Hamlin
8. gently caress Roush

Also, I'd make the chase 12 races so that Bristol is the get in race. 16 drivers. Same qualification criteria. Cut the field in half after the first 6 chase races. Make the last six for the title. Most wins gets the trophy. If there's a tie, the tiebreaker is overall season wins.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 20, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was more into the last few laps of that race than virtually any fall Phoenix race I can remember other than the Stewart-Edwards year.

The format feels dirty but it also feels like it's working so I don't know at this point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

It feels dirty because it sucks and because it's creating the outcome the powers that be were dying for.

I just don't hate it as much as I thought I would. I really don't care on the level that a lot of people here do, though, so that's got a lot to do with it I'm sure.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This owns a lot. Sorry everyone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol it's so obvious Brad will wreck someone here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Owns

Owns so much

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Man Delana's gonna be soooore after the third or fourth pit guy, don't know how she's going to manage the whole team

Hahahaha Jesus

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Didn't make the Chase. Still won a title.

Smoke is God y'all

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha Knaus is so loving awesome sometimes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd rather listen to tweetchat than someone cry about the points system used in races they don't watch ad nauseum.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's kind of surprising. I figured he's just keeping the seat warm for Chase.

Might be some indirect insight into how long Gordon figures to stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cars go really fast
Do not walk across the track
Sorry Kevin Ward

• Locked thread