Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
People who hate on Allmendinger also can't read instructions very well it turns out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I still don't understand why NASCAR didn't go with a premiership type system where you have the big year long prize and a few different sub cups (Maybe break the season into 4 parts while keeping the last race out of any sub cup.)

You'd get 5 points races a year, 5 trophies to apply a sponsor to, make weeks off mean something and so on. None of this hyper points reset every 4 races...

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
He touched Jamie Little's boob?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Fag Boy Jim posted:

ex-loving-actly, and as the penalty for having individual bad races gets worse and worse, guess what, the incentive to race conservatively keeps increasing. Nobody is thinking this poo poo through.

Gold medal system is that you?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

maffew buildings posted:

How many of his wins didn't involve intentionally wrecking another driver? Jeremy Mayfield seemed pretty cool except for the whole meth thing, and I am still caremad about the fine Carl Long got years back.

What races would you gents recommend I watch, I have some free time

edit: Oh Dale meant to just rattle his cage, not spin him around, makes sense

Jeremy Mayfield was never that good of a driver which made the whole thing more outrageous.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Honestly the racing has been pretty alright recently too. Who knows?!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

NFL fans that showed up when they learned we are soft on murderers too?

Finally Brian France is taking a bite out of the NFL.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I remember seeing a Rusty Wallace car that was converted to a show car by some dealership two years ago and was banana'd, it goes back as least that far.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Waltzing Along posted:

That was quite a crash. What is difference between ARCA and Nationwide?

In ARCA drivers try to accelerate past crashes for reasons unknown to many.

Even with frozen fields they do it. Sometimes dipshit backmarkers in Nationwide will do it to, which is even more hilarious because they rip through a pack of cars already slowed up to catch up with the wreck and hit it.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Just come out already Michael.
Its a lot more awkward this way.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

kidcoelacanth posted:

Holy gently caress I wish the lovely Michael Waltrip is in the closet joke would go the gently caress away

Dude its not a joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYzIQ69ouO8

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The fans watch the big v8s go round the track. Then they get into their own cars with na sixes and turbo fours that produce more horsepower. Rip stockcars.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
THIS TRACK IS LIKE XX GRIT SANDPAPER! GAWDDAMN!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I don't think anyone here says Johnson sucks though.

Dover is good cause its got those two helicopter pads that look like boobs.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Honestly Johnson seems alright, just Knaus comes off as a super smug dickhole who has completely given up on any personal life so he can continue with his smug train.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Jeff Gordon drew fans. Jimmie Johnson hasn't. No reflection on his ability as a driver, and a lot of that isn't his fault, but it's how it is.

Last race I went to had like 40% of the people decked out in Johnson stuff.

And people hated the poo poo out of Jeff Gordon holy poo poo. I mean come on, it was worse than Kyle.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

SwampYankee posted:

This is one of my all-time favorite finishes (trucks at Mansfield in 2008):
http://youtu.be/ombV-lK-N44?t=30s

Nationwide Busch series at Michigan in 2006 (Edwards does his Cole Trickle impression)
http://youtu.be/ltPjrmMYiis

Not actually NASCAR, but they're close enough to Tour Modifieds that I'm posting it anyways, because it's that awesome:
http://youtu.be/VUTQYkVXTmc?t=12m50s

Good finishes up in here.

Though I notice a lot of paved short tracks really facilitate lap after lap of side by side racing. I wonder if its cause the track is just so rubbered in from constant running.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Grief is a weird thing, but I don't blame him (it?).

Yeah its sad having this poo poo go public.

I yearn for the days of different sects of the Mayfield family snipping at each other in comments when all the drug stuff broke. Those were amazing reads.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Classic ARCA making that wreck way worse than it had to be.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
This is actually kind of nerve wracking guys...

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

fuseshock posted:

Phil Parsons rang up Spencer Gallagher...

This is amazing.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Haha nice job pulling the air off that guy, what the hell was he trying to do?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
There was 06 accelerating through the wreck... ARCA!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Might wanna take it easy on those tires SRA :/

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Sorry for my poo poo captures but who actually gets FS2?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

LASTCAR posted:

Here's Eddie Bierschwale's Oldsmobile rolling past what Michigan's victory lane looked like 25 years ago:

Somehow, that podium seems a little small.

Is it me or do the numbers get progressively bigger?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, there was that one time where a Penske driver took herbal supplements that somebody at the gym told him were fine which NASCAR didn't like and Sam got to go Cup racing.

7 Top 15s in 20 starts. Not great, but better than he was in the 77 and something to build on. I remember hoping he'd get the 22 seat the next year based on the fact that he seemed to run alright.

Based on what little info I'm able to get from Racing-reference about IndyCar, each start he made in 2012 netted him/his team six figures, as compared to Tony Kanaan's 25,000 for 2nd at Milwaukee the same year.

He may be in it for the money and...I think being a mid-pack driver in NASCAR pays a tad better.

Well technically he'd probably be paying someone to race there.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Jack Roush needs a bailout

Crashin his plane again huh?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
That was certainly a race that happened.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Harveygod posted:

J.J. Yeley's wife won the Better-Half Dash.

She won her first race before he did.

If she beat Ray Evernham's wife then...

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I need to see the thing rotating so I can tell what's fake sticker shading and what is actually aero.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

gret posted:

Did Toyota decide to put a Lexus nose on their camry?

People online make fun of that design a great deal, but every car they put it on sees a monster sales increase, its insane.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Must be interesting to be able to view motorsport as some crazy as gently caress game of thrones poo poo.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
NFL games get nearly 20 million viewers per slot on each network, which there is like 5 per Sunday, which is insane. Plus redzone is like TV crack. Just loving crazy numbers.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Boomer The Cannon posted:

This race was on Sunday afternoons, and got KILLED by the Panthers in attendance and by the NFL in ratings. Every. Single. Time.

Charlotte is one of the top 10 NFL cities in viewership.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

FuzzySkinner posted:

So they're kind of hosed either way?

Makes sense.

Not when they're rollin in billions of TV money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Ya know, looking at the fight's sequence of events again, and there's really no excuse for not sitting Brad a race. He tried to turn Hamlin directly into a line of cars on the cooldown lap and then rammed two innocent cars trying to get to a third while guys were unbuckling and stopped for post race scales.

It's not what I think should happen but if NASCAR is serious about safety post-Kevin Ward that's what should happen.

Its not like he mowed down a kid trying to scare him or something

• Locked thread