Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Twibbit posted:

Was going to use channel life on Merry, but at this point in the fight it is more likely to steal health from an Ally rather than an enemy. I think I'll wait till my initiative turn this time to think this out.

Well, I just dropped the big bad dude into Deathknell range. I would also have healed someone and granted Shira a save vs that giant pile of ongoing but I couldn't move to get into range of anyone that actually needed healing. Note to self: The feat that makes Heal target nearby allies is basically mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Flame112 posted:

Well, I just dropped the big bad dude into Deathknell range. I would also have healed someone and granted Shira a save vs that giant pile of ongoing but I couldn't move to get into range of anyone that actually needed healing. Note to self: The feat that makes Heal target nearby allies is basically mandatory.

That is all I need then >:D

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hey, Shirdracadia gave him a chance to give up! Now he's about to get 'knelled.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Jon Joe posted:

Hey, Shirdracadia gave him a chance to give up! Now he's about to get 'knelled.

<.<;;

Not so many games do you get to say "hopefully only a god"

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 10, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Hey, now that the battle is over, can I retrain one of my feats? I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I spent a feat on '+1 damage to Holy spells' but I'm certain there's more useful things. For instance, the Heal adventure feat that lets me cast Heal without being right next to people.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Do we get to automatically roll a recovery now that the battle is over or something? Or as many as we want? Does this count as a quick rest?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
You can basically assume a quick rest happens the instant a battle is over unless the GM specifies otherwise - it's just taking a moment to clear your head and regain your balance, so it's not demanding time-wise. You can spend as many recoveries as you want.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Hmm, should we doing background checks to find the tomb, I am kind of at a loss here

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I was just waiting over the weekend if anyone else had something to say to Trunavere before I continued. Since it seems like no one does, I will probably update in a couple of hours.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I have all this charisma and no real social background to use with it, unless I decide to talk shop with them about tombs.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Merry's not actually a great liar if you're over the age of twelve or so, so if anyone wants to lie our way out of this, do it before tomorrow because after that Merry's just going to cop to our mission and hope for the best.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Seeing as a literal demon and/or small child would likely not be particularly influential in the current discussion, I think it's up to Sarn and Barton to handle the social rolls. Also I just realized here that Barton is the party's second-best person for social rolls, outside of negotiations or special circumstances. That's kind of awesome.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Before I go further into negotiations, I want to make entirely sure I understand the situation correctly; the group with the dogs is part of the same people we're negotiating with, right?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yes, exactly. The three guys Merry met on the hill and the other group that returned there are one mercenary party, presumably led by that Terrance guy.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
So, I'll need to know just a couple things.

1. How many people are there? I know there's two dogs, and I think there's five men, but let me know if my count is off.

2. What's everyone armed with?

3. Say we just shrug and charge 'em, that get us any surprise round?

4. (This is for my fellow players) You guys think we can take these nerds? They're really cruisin' for a bruisin'.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
There were three men and one dog on the hill, five men and three dogs then joined them; taken together, your opposition would consist of four very bid, very vicious dogs, six archers, Alavar, and Terrance. The latter two are armed with longswords.

You wouldn't get a surprise round. Everyone is still on edge, even though Terrance seems more and more open to the idea of striking a deal here.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

While I am sure we could take them, I like fo at least pretend we are not all murder hobos

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

To be fair, Barton's primary response to excessive guff for most of his adult life has been piledriving the offending party for the entertainment of the crowd.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

one step from using my dead priest power to conjure up a spirit to chat with so that we do something

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
My last post was in part a gentle nudge for the sneaky types to use the cover of darkness to check out what's going on in the main hall and you do something.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to make a definitive call on what the plan is, seeing as the two things I do well (wrasslin' and boasting about wrasslin') both translate in this context to "totally blow any shot we had at sneaking up on whoever's talking". Figured I'd let someone else try the more subtle approach before I barrel in and start piledriving people.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Sorry about the lack of posting - I forgot that I am in fact a sneaky guy and can scout ahead. I am still entirely on board for the game.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm still in but I'm out of town until like Thursday so I probably won't be able to post till then.

Edit: much

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 9, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
Initiative Check: 1d20+5 20

Who wants to be the designated ambusher?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Not I, My poorly thought out spell selection means that unless I choose to summon my undead right now, there is really nothing useful an ambush round would give me over any of you.

Also I assume a bunch of Kobolds are not worth spending my daily on.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
For reference's sake, Merry's giving these poor kobolds firm, incapacitating knocks on the head. He's trying to set an example.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Flame112, come take Albertus' turn!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Yeah, sorry, I didn't know how you were going to handle Shira in the initiative order.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, I can see how that could cause confusion. Sorry about that.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
For future reference, does Stuck affect the ability to teleport?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Green Bean posted:

For future reference, does Stuck affect the ability to teleport?
No, but you're still stuck even after you use Crawstep, so no disengaging, popping free etc.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

will post sometime after I get home from work today

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

When it gets my turn again I intend to use channel life as it seems we have a few people rather hurt. The spell says its attack goes to one random nearby target. How do you want me to handle that? My best guess is for me to add numbers based on the initiative order and roll a dX for it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, I can't think of a better way to handle it.

I want to remind you that the far corner of the room (where Merry is cleaning up right now) is not nearby your current position, so you would need to leave out what's left there.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

You still have the Kobold I deathknelled left alive....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
My bad. I only removed the token from the map. That kobold's dead alright.

• Locked thread