Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnways
Jun 22, 2004

i already tried this, i posted "watch bush start a loving war" and you didn't believe me then so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If I had to relive Highschool I think I'd remake Minecraft in my spare time, release/patent it before Notch releases his, and then take all my newfound wealth and short financial stocks in late 2008.

With several million dollars I don't even think I'd bother with college, just sit back and enjoy a rich gay lifestyle.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Which, since it looks shady and suspect as gently caress, is promptly taken from you by the International Banking Jewry that runs the global trade system.

They would let me slide since I didn't tell anyone about what they were gonna do on the 11th.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Actual problem #1 - You'd get FBI hosed so fast your head would spin. They'd refuse to believe you, or if intelligence closer to the time revealed something, believe that YOU were involved somehow.
Problem #2 - You'd continually get hosed afterwards.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

They would let me slide since I didn't tell anyone about what they were gonna do on the 11th.

:tipshat:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
immediately try to convince my family that I'm from the future and to invest every last bit of disposable income into Google. Tell all my friends how Star Wars Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are going to go and get called a loving idiot because it'll be the dumbest things they'll have heard in their lives.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Me? I'm pretty sure if a 13 year old called the airforce and told them about 9/11, they'd just tell me that it's all going to plan, and also, hang tight for just a few minutes while they route a prototype drone to my house to test out it's middle eastern wedding gift capabilities. So, instead, yeah, use my knowledge of google and netflix and twitter and all that other superficial poo poo to prosper. Better to be in the right hand of the devil than drone-striked by him.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Which, since it looks shady and suspect as gently caress, is promptly taken from you by the International Banking Jewry that runs the global trade system.

Post/AV combo

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I would register the domain facebook.com

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I would write down the entire March Madness bracket from last year so I can correctly predict every single game and get a billion dollars from Warren Buffet.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
you know when I first used google I told my dad half heartily "you should invest in this, look how fast it was"

little did i know

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
Create every number one hit single for the next decade while hiring the same singers to do the work. I will be rich.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

CharlestonJew posted:

I would write down the entire March Madness bracket from last year so I can correctly predict every single game and get a billion dollars from Warren Buffet.

dude if you knew this was going to happen before hand, i mean come on

Lotto numbers +

invest a couple tens of millions in key companies

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I would warn Lowtax to learn how to box so he wouldn't get his rear end whupped by Uwe Boll

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'd really regret not learning any flight numbers besides Flight 93, op.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

My plan:

1. Get Rich: There's unfortunately no way I can stop the Sept 11 attacks short of finding the terrorists themselves and offing them. Maybe if you had more time, but three days isn't enough. However I can get rich, I can set yourself up to play the markets and know where to bet when Sept 11 hits... then I'll have the money that I will need to be able to change the rest of the events over the next 13 years.

2. Prevent the Iraq War Using my new found wealth, I will let the War in Afghanistan go but move to bolster the anti-Iraq war movement. Money donations to candidates and think tanks against the war, op ed pieces, anything I can do to try and reverse the course of getting into that war.

3. Kill Vladimir Putin The man must die. He's simply too good at what he does and right now he's still a relatively new player. Yeah he's still president of Russia, but he's not quit the dark lord and master of it he is now. Not saying I'd do it myself, but man would I be paying a whole bunch of assassins to go after him.

4. Prevent the Patriot Act While the initial passing of the Patriot act is probably impossible to pass, with enough support (and money), it might be possible to let it lapse. If it manages to go down, then that will help prevent a lot of poo poo going wrong of the next few years.

5. Kill Al-Baghdadi The leader and founder of the ISIS. Right now he's just an Al-Queda grunt... who needs to die. And right now it's possible to find and off him before he becomes the man he is today.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

unlimited shrimp posted:

I'd really regret not learning any flight numbers besides Flight 93, op.

AA Flight 11 (North Tower), UA Flight 175 (South Tower), AA Flight 77 (Western side of Pentagon).

We should probably start putting together a "preparedness kit" of important facts to remember.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Do nothing about 9/11 and immediately get to work writing snappy comebacks for every insult I will receive over the next 13 years.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Quickscope420dad posted:

holy poo poo computers would be so noticeably old and bad it would be unbearable

Oh gently caress cell phones. The iPhone doesn't come out for six years, I think I'll kill myself.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I was 17 at the time and I would use my new found wits and maturity to get more pussy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shadoer posted:

My plan:

1. Get Rich: There's unfortunately no way I can stop the Sept 11 attacks short of finding the terrorists themselves and offing them. Maybe if you had more time, but three days isn't enough. However I can get rich, I can set yourself up to play the markets and know where to bet when Sept 11 hits... then I'll have the money that I will need to be able to change the rest of the events over the next 13 years.

2. Prevent the Iraq War Using my new found wealth, I will let the War in Afghanistan go but move to bolster the anti-Iraq war movement. Money donations to candidates and think tanks against the war, op ed pieces, anything I can do to try and reverse the course of getting into that war.

3. Kill Vladimir Putin The man must die. He's simply too good at what he does and right now he's still a relatively new player. Yeah he's still president of Russia, but he's not quit the dark lord and master of it he is now. Not saying I'd do it myself, but man would I be paying a whole bunch of assassins to go after him.

4. Prevent the Patriot Act While the initial passing of the Patriot act is probably impossible to pass, with enough support (and money), it might be possible to let it lapse. If it manages to go down, then that will help prevent a lot of poo poo going wrong of the next few years.

5. Kill Al-Baghdadi The leader and founder of the ISIS. Right now he's just an Al-Queda grunt... who needs to die. And right now it's possible to find and off him before he becomes the man he is today.

You need an adult body in like 1990 to prevent the 1st gulf war and allow kuwait to be annexed to stop the 2nd war.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Shadoer posted:

My plan:

Why isn't there enough time? You know their faces, you know where they took off from, there's video of them going there, I mean, get to Boston, get a gun and wait outside of security at the Airport they went through.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
oh gently caress the crazy frog would be popular again

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
what is this special hell you have designed OP

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I'm seven so probably get hailed as some sort of genius i guess

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Also I would invent angry birds and famrville and be a gigantic douche who get rich from lovely mobile games.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Whorelord posted:

I'm seven so probably get hailed as some sort of genius i guess

You should just play it straight as possible because you know you're gonna level off hard around the end of highschool.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I would start a kickstarter for a spaceship simulator game that has a lot of stretch goals.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Why isn't there enough time? You know their faces, you know where they took off from, there's video of them going there, I mean, get to Boston, get a gun and wait outside of security at the Airport they went through.

Oh no no no no. I've seen 12 Monkeys. I know how this plays out.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
* posts teh bush war quote on SA first*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

vyst posted:

I would start a kickstarter for a spaceship simulator game that has a lot of stretch goals.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'd make a bunch of forums jokes that haven't happened yet and when people ask what the hell I'm talking about I'll just go "you'll see lol"

enzeen
Sep 23, 2010
id invest in apple and android, warn my dad about something, tell my mom she'll be cool someday, and go to the waterpark with my friends because im 12 and holy gently caress.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Quickscope420dad posted:

oh gently caress the crazy frog would be popular again

crazy frog

pop punk

emo bands

club hip hop (this will be okay)

gotta memorize phone numbers and addresses again

phone books

computers suck really fuckin bad and are still for nerds

good chance you still have dial up

the latest mp3 player holds like 64mb of data and that's really expensive so have fun toting a cd player around

file sharing is in its infancy

a literal child with an obligation to almost decade's worth of education i don't actually need.

a loss of all my friends and due to my pre-knowledge of how I meet some of them I am increasingly weary and unable to make the choices that lead me to being friends with them

my weed connect hasn't smoked weed yet

edit: standard definition television for years more and standard definition cable/network broadcasts for more years.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 8, 2014

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i would warn my middle school spanish teacher of the attacks and tell her i only want her to be safe, she would think im crazy and then 3 days later i'd get my first blowjob by a teacher once she realized i was a prophet. this would shave several weeks off my current "first time being orally raped by a teacher" record that feels almost impossible to break without time travel, which i had not considered until you posted this thread.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
tell everyone that deus ex is a very, very accurate prediction of the future. Tell them to look at the new york skyline in the game.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
kill myself so I get a full page in the yearbook.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I was 11 back then and on the wrong continent so I wouldn't be able to do poo poo but if I happened to be in New York and a real grown person I'd probably set wtc on fire the night before or something. And I would not see Star Wars Episode 1.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

hemophilia posted:

a literal child with an obligation to almost decade's worth of education i don't actually need.

this is actually not a problem and would probs work like this

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

kill myself so I get a full page in the yearbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I've thought about this extensively, and my choice was:

Make a thread here and other forums before 9/11 telling everyone what will happen. Get made fun of and then bask in the glory of my rightness when it happens and everones in my thread like :aaaaa:

then get kidnapped by the fbi

• Locked thread