Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hemophilia posted:

I am 11 or 12 years old and gay, nobody will believe me, so I just live out a hellish repeat of the next decade or so. Wonder how I lived with my year 2000 gateway with AMD Athlon processor, and I will scare the poo poo out of my parents with accurate predictions of the future including 9/11 and a massive personality change + proclivity towards weed.

this post brings up a good point because you'd have to live through the next decade and a half of technological progress after getting used to today's tech climate

I don't want to go back to the 56k connection my dad retained until 2007

on the plus side, maybe be able to jumpstart things like youtube and it can be you at the zoo instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Applewhite posted:

What if you just used a payphone to call in a bomb threat for those specific flights right before their scheduled takeoff time? They'd be grounded by the airline to be inspected. The terrorists would catch on to the fact that it was only the flights they were planning to hijack that got calls and probably abort the mission.

Oooh, nice. Yeah, it would have to be something along these lines in order to have a chance at preventing 9/11 and 9/18 or whenever their backup date would have been.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Gonna get way into stocks

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
I would first register on SA so I can get my sweet 01 date and make sure I don't stupidly make a horrible joke that people just don't get and will follow me forever on these boards. Thirdly I would call in a bomb scare into the twin towers on the morning of 9/11 and hope they don't allow people in the building because of that.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
i'm not ashamed of going for low hanging fruit so i'm going to post "fourth: i would gently caress my dog"

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Morally Inept posted:

I would first register on SA so I can get my sweet 01 date and make sure I don't stupidly make a horrible joke that people just don't get and will follow me forever on these boards. Thirdly I would call in a bomb scare into the twin towers on the morning of 9/11 and hope they don't allow people in the building because of that. fourth: i would gently caress my dog

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
"snape kills dumbledore"

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Call Hulk Hogan and tell him he's about to become relevant again in three days.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
I'd finally win a celebrity death pool

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

1gnoirents posted:

dude, join an investment firm, get hella rich.

I mean google, apple, and eventually facebook is all you need to know

i would defs do this, adding oil and military companies

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Leonard Ghostal posted:

I'd finally win a celebrity death pool

gonna make big bucks when 2014 rolls back around. ain't no one going to be expecting robin williams

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That brings up a good point, I'm going to prevent robin williams' suicide somehow. He is a more tragic loss than the sum total of death resulting from 9/11

grope proof vest
Jan 11, 2006

The_Cack posted:

i immediately go to the twin towers and covertly disarm the bombs for the controlled demolition

Anti-tamper mechanisms cause the bombs to detonate. Your lightly-singed ID is found at the site. Afghanistan is avoided, Iraq happens anyway.

TPTB who sent you back in the first place have a toast as the next leg of their plan begins.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I don't think google and apple were unknown outsiders in 2001

Torka fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 8, 2014

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Torka posted:

it was still early enough in their appearance/resurgence respectively that you could profit pretty nicely off of the years to come.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Torka posted:

Start up doobie's doghouse in 2001

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

it was still early enough in their appearance/resurgence respectively that you could profit pretty nicely off of the years to come.

google didn't ipo until 2004 so you'd have to wait a bit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Two words: Dot Com

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm
"Hey mom, a terrorist plot will destroy the World Trade Center and a chunk of the Pentagon on the 11th and I'm a lesbian."

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

hemophilia posted:

He is a more tragic loss than the sum total of death resulting from 9/11
Truth.

2001? Time to own StarCityGames.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I'd tell Aqil Collins so he could tell the FBI and they could ignore him again.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Be the guy selling pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins. Cash out when it hits $1000. Laugh when it tanks.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
I would invent youtube and upload tribute.avi on 9/11

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I would beat the poo poo out of my best friend. Then get a new best friend.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm I was playing a lot of starsiege tribes around that time. Also drawing but I was even shittier at drawing back then.

I barely saw the light of day.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Smeego posted:

I would invent youtube and upload tribute.avi on 9/11

Before or after it happened?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm I was playing a lot of starsiege tribes around that time. Also drawing but I was even shittier at drawing back then.

I barely saw the light of day.

On the plus side, your talent would follow you back in time, so you'd have a 13 year head start on where you were originally.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Not tell anyone, because who cares about 9/11.

Never take up smoking as a teen. Hit the gym.

But really kill myself because I am a loser in this reality and any other.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I had a dream about this last night, sorta. I was watching TV and the channel was running 'classic' programming. So the promo was "Coming up, all your favorites from this day, September 6, in 2001!" and I was like, "whoa.."

e: Oh, yes…let's see. If this happened to me, I would probably not even realize because I was as messed up on pills and booze I was then as I am now. Seriously has it been 13 years? Where does the time go? :iiam:

I.C. fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 8, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
watch bush start a loving war

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would chill for a day then register an SA account. oh wait.......

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i already did this once, gently caress

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I'd base jump off of the second World Trade Center just as the second plane hit. "A second plane just hit the other tower! Is that a parachute that just opened up?"

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Quickscope420dad posted:

Start up doobie's doghouse in 2001

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Invest into google and apple, then use the proceeds to assassinate the people who came up with facebook then have an internal debate over weather I should stop the cancer that is facebook from ever happening or start it myself and become even more of an ultra billionaire.

Also because I would originally be to young to stop 9/11 and the Iraq/Afganistan war I would instead profit off them by investing in PMC's. Before Putin is reelected president I would move to Russia and use my hundreds of billions of dollars to buy my way to being President of Russian then join the EU/NATO thus ensuring stability in Eastern Europe. Shortly after NATO/EU eclipses the UN in power, and a government controlling the entirety of Europe and NA rises with me elected as Emperor of the West. Then begin Great Crusade to unite all of earth under my rule, shortly there after I invest trillions in NASA and lead humanity to dominion over the galaxy.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Figure a way to preemptively create and wear out the "x just hit the second y" meme in a low key way so when it gets used in context everybody rolls their eyes and scoffs at the lame newscasters trying to use the hip youth talk

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

On the plus side, your talent would follow you back in time, so you'd have a 13 year head start on where you were originally.
hmm that would be cool. where do I sign up

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what if the reality we're in right now is the one where someone was sent back to make sure 9/11 happened? :stare:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Alexzandvar posted:

Invest into google and apple, then use the proceeds to assassinate the people who came up with facebook then have an internal debate over weather I should stop the cancer that is facebook from ever happening or start it myself and become even more of an ultra billionaire.

Also because I would originally be to young to stop 9/11 and the Iraq/Afganistan war I would instead profit off them by investing in PMC's. Before Putin is reelected president I would move to Russia and use my hundreds of billions of dollars to buy my way to being President of Russian then join the EU/NATO thus ensuring stability in Eastern Europe. Shortly after NATO/EU eclipses the UN in power, and a government controlling the entirety of Europe and NA rises with me elected as Emperor of the West. Then begin Great Crusade to unite all of earth under my rule, shortly there after I invest trillions in NASA and lead humanity to dominion over the galaxy.

This is the best plan yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Tell my parents to buy Halliburton stock and then try taking the train to Newark airport to tackle a hijacker.

• Locked thread