Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Santheb posted:

Ravens fan from work when asked on this:

"That bitch probably deserved it."

She's a woman.

Conclusion: Ravens fans are about as awful as their shithole city.

Hope he gets his case re-opened or cut from the Ravens or something. This guy doesn't deserve to play football anymore.

Like your loathsome fanbase is so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ray Rice is a horrible human being. Completely disgusting.

armoredgorilla posted:

The video was up when I posted it, but I guess it's gone now. It was Adam Schefter being really pissed off at the NFL.
Found this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHK34y2-Yww

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Well they did give him a standing ovation yesterday.

The sad thing is, if they cut him now, he gets all of his salary because he's a veteran so it's guaranteed after opening day. Cutting him wouldn't really be a punishment.

What about if the NFL suspends him indefinitely?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@richarddeitsch
Ray Lewis will discuss the Ray Rice video tonight on Monday Night Countdown. The show airs at 5:00 pm ET leading into the MNF opener.

John Brown posted:

He slightly jumps at her and she flinches, and then he throws the first punch. Then the left hook KO.
That jump and flinch is Ray spitting in her face.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ehud posted:

Colin Cowherd just blamed video games for young men committing violent acts.

He's been doing that forever. He's like the voice of every scared, middle aged white guy who feels left behind by "the youth today".

That being said, I am just surprised that this took as long as it did to get leaked and I expect the league to say a bunch of meaningless words about the disciplinary process again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Haha, oh my god.

ESPN is scheduled to have Ray Lewis comment on Ray Rice before the game tonight.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ESPN has a blurb by Lester Munson on the page about this saying that prosecutors nor the NFL can punish Rice more than they have for this.

So the league can't extend his suspension or anything, because they'd get sued and lose.

The Ravens could cut him, but I don't know if they could suspend him or anything.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

ESPN has a blurb by Lester Munson on the page about this saying that prosecutors nor the NFL can punish Rice more than they have for this.

So the league can't extend his suspension or anything, because they'd get sued and lose.

The Ravens could cut him, but I don't know if they could suspend him or anything.

We should do whatever we can to ensure he never plays another down for this team. Even if that means taking a nasty cap hit.

We should pretty much Chris Benoit him for a while.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Kalli posted:

Haha, oh my god.

ESPN is scheduled to have Ray Lewis comment on Ray Rice before the game tonight.

Have Ray Lewis look straight into the camera and say, "I don't understand why he just didn't have her killed."

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kalli posted:

Haha, oh my god.

This is actually amazing. I honestly can't wait to hear this.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Kalli posted:

Haha, oh my god.

This is about as close as ESPN has come to making my head explode. I'd like to think that's saying something.

Eh, probably not.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
There was a legal analyst on ESPN who basically said something to the tune of "he should be banned and should of been charged, what the ever loving gently caress". I hope this thing doesn't go away.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Well they did give him a standing ovation yesterday.

That wasn't yesterday that was at a preseason game or a practice thing or some sort of event many weeks back

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm sorry Kawalimus but as long as Ray Rice is celebrated and playing for the Ravens I'm going to root for them to lose every game. It's insulting that he's being supported the way he is by the team (Less so the fans, fans are dumb and will cheer for a rapist as long as he wins football games).

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Kalli posted:

Haha, oh my god.

Oh wow, this is a really bad idea.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry Kawalimus but as long as Ray Rice is celebrated and playing for the Ravens I'm going to root for them to lose every game. It's insulting that he's being supported the way he is by the team (Less so the fans, fans are dumb and will cheer for a rapist as long as he wins football games).

Kawalimus is already rooting for them to lose every game so they can draft "star power"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A terrible idea, yes, but one that I really want to tune in and watch. You've hooked me in ESPN, but I have to watch you guys crash and burn on national TV.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Garbo posted:

There was a legal analyst on ESPN who basically said something to the tune of "he should be banned and should of been charged, what the ever loving gently caress". I hope this thing doesn't go away.

I actually am stunned that if the NFL saw this video they didn't report it to the police as assault or that the police had this in their possession didn't do anything about it. Is her not wanting to press charges really enough that no charges or anything could be brought?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, I've seen situations where in the heat of a situation where you react stupidly and even giving a moment more of thought you would probably not do or say.

This was not that, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but seeing this fuuck that, shame on me for believing that there is no way that both the NFL and the Ravens saw the whole tape and that there must have been something that showed anything other than a dude in an argument hitting pushing off on her once and then just cold cocking his her in the face...

Yeah, gently caress Ray Rice.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

lol I don't really blame you. If I were a new non-baltimore fan right now I wouldn't cheer for them either, but they're still my team and they were there before Rice and they will be after Rice, which is hopefully soon. But I don't mind who cheers for or against the Ravens for any reason it doesn't bother me any.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope they follow Lewis' comments with the C'Mon Man segment

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tzen posted:

Ray Rice is a horrible human being. Completely disgusting.
Found this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHK34y2-Yww

man, Schefter is PISSED.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

No reason to be sorry for this. The Ravens are a horrible organization for playing their part in all of this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe Ray Lewis will surprise us all and actually shame Rice and the league and team for all this!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

He could have done a lot more than a 2 game suspension.

There's a fine involved as well. God even saying that seems like I'm diminishing it. I want Rice to get buried for this, but I thought (think?) the bigger discussion I'm interested in is the NFL's punishment system as a whole - not how unjust it is, but the mechanisms that allow you to get busted so slightly for horrible things vs the huge punishments for multiple infractions no one can care about beyond thinking the person who does it was being dumb to ever get caught (as with Gordon).

Like with the combine, the biggest issue with getting busted for pot and such isn't that pot is bad; it's that it's banned and you'll get paid a whole lot to just not get busted.

I'm just not sure he actually can do more than 2 games, based on the rules in place. That's why they changed the rules. It's horribly but it's on the team itself to punish him by benching him for the season or deactivating him on game days. Which they should do. I'm not necessarily objective on that issue, but yeah. that's where the punishment can actually occur it seems.

But if charges are brought against him after the new HGH agreement that has new rules for arrests they could probably punish him under that. Not sure the NFLPA would allow it without a huge shitstorm.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I hope Ray Lewis comes out and tells the Ravens they need to get rid of him.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Maybe Ray Lewis will surprise us all and actually shame Rice and the league and team for all this!

He probably will in that godawful sounding hyper dramatic preacher voice he loves to speak in

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Something something forgiveness in the eyes of God, don't hate the player, hate the crime. I know Ray Rice, he's a good guy, he knows this is terrible.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

lol I don't really blame you. If I were a new non-baltimore fan right now I wouldn't cheer for them either, but they're still my team and they were there before Rice and they will be after Rice, which is hopefully soon. But I don't mind who cheers for or against the Ravens for any reason it doesn't bother me any.

I just hope the Ravens do the right thing and punish him properly, or cut his rear end after the season. Ravens fans don't deserve having to root for a team that employs a man like this.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Probably gonna talk about how he needs to find God and/or Jesus and how he can help him do that.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Ramadu posted:

I actually am stunned that if the NFL saw this video they didn't report it to the police as assault or that the police had this in their possession didn't do anything about it. Is her not wanting to press charges really enough that no charges or anything could be brought?

According to that same analyst, no, that video was far and away enough to bring charges. As he explained it, its not Ray Rice's Wife vs Ray Rice, its The State vs Ray Rice. Having his wife testify against him would be needed without the video, but WITH the video the State could of easily gone on without her testimony. But, you know, police and domestic assault...

MJBuddy posted:

I'm just not sure he actually can do more than 2 games, based on the rules in place. That's why they changed the rules. It's horribly but it's on the team itself to punish him by benching him for the season or deactivating him on game days. Which they should do. I'm not necessarily objective on that issue, but yeah. that's where the punishment can actually occur it seems.

As I understand it, and I may be misunderstanding it, there were no rules in place. It was entirely up to Roger Goodell deciding to give whatever punishment he wanted to. He could've given Ray Rice nothing, or 1 year, or forever. It was all up to him.

Garbo fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 8, 2014

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

armoredgorilla posted:

The video was up when I posted it, but I guess it's gone now. It was Adam Schefter being really pissed off at the NFL.

http://on.aol.com/video/what-should-the-nfl-do-with-ray-rice--518405004
Mirror

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

I just hope the Ravens do the right thing and punish him properly, or cut his rear end after the season. Ravens fans don't deserve having to root for a team that employs a man like this.

I wouldn't go that far as there's lots of Ravens fans like myself really disgusted by it all. But I wouldn't object to even some sort of punishment to the Ravens if they don't do anything as an organization, even if it just means putting Rice on IR or some crap like that. Just like I said make sure he never plays or is associated with the team again. Chris Benoit him.

I just can't believe the NFL didn't do more than what they did having seen this video. Did they think this would never come out or something?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I wouldn't go that far as there's lots of Ravens fans like myself really disgusted by it all. But I wouldn't object to even some sort of punishment to the Ravens if they don't do anything as an organization, even if it just means putting Rice on IR or some crap like that. Just like I said make sure he never plays or is associated with the team again. Chris Benoit him.

You want them to hang him??

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Chris Benoit him.

Convince him to murder his wife and hang himself?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

No in WWE they basically never mention him and pretty much pretend he never existed. That's what we need to do here.

Sorry if that came out unclear I forget that not everyone follows that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Santheb posted:

What about if the NFL suspends him indefinitely?

He already was suspended two games for this incident. If they went double jeopardy on him, the NFLPA would go nuclear, even if it is double jeopardy against a shithead who deserves any bad thing that could happen to him.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Schefter is mad as hell

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know if you guys are being completely serious or not, but he meant he wants the Ravens to completely ignore any existence of him.

Still, it's probably not the best comparison to make.

Kawalimus posted:

No in WWE they basically never mention him and pretty much pretend he never existed. That's what we need to do here.

Sorry if that came out unclear I forget that not everyone follows that.

The WWE is a terrible product now and I only follow the once-a-month PPVs with the WWE Network. I wish I were so lucky where I didn't continue to follow it. Though Brock Lesnar decimating Cena was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

I mean throughout history people have been hung for less..

But more Disavow any mention of his existance, never mention his name never show any content with him in it and if you have to show ppv's with him wrestling preface it with a disclaimer.

• Locked thread