Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my grandpa died the other day and i think he was a cool army man. is ur grandpa a cool army man? lets talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My grandpa is a cool ex-OSS man.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My grandpa was a roofer and one time he got a call to roof the tallest spire on a church and he was beside himself stressing about how he was going to get one of his men safely to the top of it to fix everything up there, for like a week. When he finally figured it out and went back to talk to the churchpeople the whole church had burned to the ground.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
actually army men are gay, hth op

nice av and username tho

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying my grandpa or someone he knew committed arson and possibly one or more hate crimes, but you never know with these things.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

My grandpa was a roofer and one time he got a call to roof the tallest spire on a church and he was beside himself stressing about how he was going to get one of his men safely to the top of it to fix everything up there, for like a week. When he finally figured it out and went back to talk to the churchpeople the whole church had burned to the ground.

the guy ur grandpa told to get up on that roof burned it down

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
My grand dad liked pissing in the streets of Vichy France. And stealing poo poo from dead NAZIs.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

my grandpa rode a horse and killed some dudes maybe at the same time?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
my peepaw died from cancer

thanks op

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
My grandpa claims in high school he had a grouchy old neighbor who took a dump in his outhouse every night after dark, so one evening my grandpa and his football buddies lifted it and moved it back a few feet. Later the police showed up because grouchy man was stuck waist deep in feces and couldn't do anything but yell for help

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

my grandpa died the other day and i think he was a cool army man. is ur grandpa a cool army man? lets talk about it.

My grandpa won 2 bronze stars and 3 silver stars. he willed them to me.

my grandpa was in ww2 and the korean war.

i will never be like my grandpa

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
my grandpa told me they should add a scene to that show at disneyland "great moments with abraham lincoln" where animatronic obama thanks animatronic lincoln for freeing the slaves

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

jarvis cocker posted:

my grandpa told me they should add a scene to that show at disneyland "great moments with abraham lincoln" where animatronic obama thanks animatronic lincoln for freeing the slaves

That ride killed a young girl in 1990

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

ColdReaches posted:

That ride killed a young girl in 1990

i dont think thats possible

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

jarvis cocker posted:

i dont think thats possible

Somehow the hall off presidents time traveled.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ColdReaches posted:

My grandpa won 2 bronze stars and 3 silver stars. he willed them to me.

my grandpa was in ww2 and the korean war.

i will never be like my grandpa

lol same im a bitch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
And then Gramps came back to the states, got a job at the mill, got blitzed ever day, and died a pauper.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

redshirt posted:

And then Gramps came back to the states, was addicted to opium, had pstd and hit his wife in his dreams"

ftfy

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
my grandpa died in the holocaust :(

he fell out of a guard tower :holy:

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Outpost22 posted:

My grandpa was one of the first to liberate the dutchua camp, he was 18 years old.

My grandma has a book she never reads but keeps close.

I once asked her what was in the book, and she started crying.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ColdReaches posted:

My grandpa was one of the first to liberate the dutchua camp, he was 18 years old.

sneak in read the book

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

One of my Grandpa's built submarines during ww2 because he was 4F because of his ear drums or something. My other one wrote some thesis about landing on the moon that was allegedly used during the Apollo missions. He also was Superintendent for some California schools and was overall a pretty cool guy. He also had a girlfriend for like 30 years because he thought marriage was dumb

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

sneak in read the book

some things are better not seen

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
my grandpa machine-gunned people and got medals for it

i post goatse and get banned

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Outpost22 posted:

actually the nazis were pioneers of workplace safety so i find you story highly suspect furthermore

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My grandpa spent a third of his time in jail, a third of his time in the nut house and a rest of his time doing something to get thrown in one of the first two institutions.

He also made the best roast chicken I have ever tasted.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

my grandpa machine-gunned people and got medals for it

i post goatse and get banned

"IT was a calm day , until about 6 at night when the infantry closed in. We were huddling down for the night and suddenly guns hots went off. The town was a good choice to go into because the tanks were night blind. We took out at least 2 panzers and a regiment. Day Break came and we realized some of the soldiers were as young as 15. A friend of mine airmailed back a hitler youth knife. If all goes well we will be out of here by Christmas."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

One of my grandpas used to pull the reins back on his horse on the main street so it would skid to a stop while shooting out sparks to impress chicks.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ColdReaches posted:

"IT was a calm day , until about 6 at night when the infantry closed in. We were huddling down for the night and suddenly guns hots went off. The town was a good choice to go into because the tanks were night blind. We took out at least 2 panzers and a regiment. Day Break came and we realized some of the soldiers were as young as 15. A friend of mine airmailed back a hitler youth knife. If all goes well we will be out of here by Christmas."

no, he machine-gunned russians

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
my grandfather runs two nightclubs and is a gangster, its ok

enzeen
Sep 23, 2010
My granddad was an engineer. And a total badass. I have no other story to tell about him.

Here's a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLzuk-vJmpY

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

no, he machine-gunned russians

My grandpa was a mean sob, i envy the man.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
My grandpop fought in the Pacific during WWII. He is a kiwi and fought on a bunch of small islands and he told me that the Japanese troops would tie themselves into the top of the tree and shoot down on him but that they were easy to kill because they couldn't move because they were literally tied down.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUitxzgnT88

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

My grandad died peacefully in his sleep, unlike the screaming passengers in his bus.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ColdReaches posted:

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

My grandma is 98 years old and loves the yankees.

She truly loved that man, no matter the cost.

I will never find a love like that.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

My grandpa died in an airport back in the 70s. He was running to catch a plane and just dropped dead from a heart attack. I never met him. Was it worth it grandpa, was it?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Great grandma was in the Mexican revolution and the reason women fought was because men who claimed to go off and fight just went into town for a few weeks and got drunk and slept around. Wives joined their men in battle to make sure they fought and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

my grandpa eats raw ground beef sandwiches and all the animals in the woods behind his farm know him and will eat from his hand

• Locked thread