Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Today we have discovered a ritual of long lost age. To gain the favor of their dark gods, kittens were forced into small cages and set aflame, while snappy music played. Their dark lord of NEDM must have been a fearsome figure to warrant such callousness in his sacrifices.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Another goatse, put it on the pile with the others.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they were stealing bikes back then, too?!?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nameless_Steve posted:

I met a traveller from an ancient land,
Who said "two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Betwixt them, spread by hand,
Half-herniated, a fleshy anus splays
(...)
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Goatse-mandias, king of kings:
Look on my rear end, ye Mighty, and despair!'

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lol tcan you imagine the uncivilized masses not having recycling systems implanted into their bodies?? Embarrassing

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Day 89:
Our anthropological team encounters yet more frustration as we sift through the archives. Posts from the early internet purport to link to fantastical items, details of history lost to time, but the early internet links must have been corrupted. The most interesting and potentially ground-breaking leads link not to the original source material promised, but instead to the same 2D "music video" from CE 1987. A pale, classical musician of the long-extinct Ginger race, by the name of Rick Astley.

We must consult with paleo-coders to see why the primitive internet produced this massive error, and how to proceed to the original content promised.

Professor Juarez-Schmidt proposes an alternate theory, that Astley was worshipped as a God-King by the Ginger race, who have intentionally redacted heretical links into their culture's music as a form of tribute. This is somewhat controversial among the team, although it is rapidly gaining traction as a theory.

Nevertheless, to follow just one of these links successfully would be a major breakthrough in our field. Whether this obfuscation was accidental or intentional in origin, we must persevere. We are never, never going to give this up!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gbs will not fair well in future archaeology ;(

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
We continue to find ancient secrets and magic promised by old internet ads, such as rejuvenation, unlimited energy, and the ability to speak all languages. Of course, such things were more than two hundred years out of reach for the time, but we continue to stumble upon these ancient pictures. Similar to the astley-paradox, none of the promised results are produced. Strange.

One man on the team suggests that perhaps it was an ancient form of advertising, most similar to cure-all salesmen in even more ancient times. I laugh at his idea.

But I do want to know how one could save 75$ a month on their electricity bill, and why someone named "Obama" hates that.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This construction boom in the great city of Geo couldn't possibly have sustained itself. No wonder the first great dotcom bust happened.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
re: Fluffy

While I have previously dismissed Dr. Shafia's theories as being constructed purely out of cynicism, every piece of data we collect only serves to confirm them. Much as I loather to admit it, the man was right. Toxoplasmosis almost destroyed the human race once, we cannot let it happen again. Stevens, you know what you must do with the test subject "Fluffy" and its litter. I expect it to be done immediately and with no complaints.

-Dr. Erascheau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
We found what appears to be an old sock encasing droppings of the ancients. We might be able to clone one using genetic material found within but we aren't going to do that

• Locked thread