Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
We postponed last week's session due to schedule conflicts and faulty internet connections so that means that game will be held tonight(14-5) instead. As a reminder, overall XP is at 18000 now as a result of defeating the herald of Nurgle.

My father is in town and I'm going out for dinner with him, that should normally not interfere with the game but there's always a chance of traffic being lovely, living in the largest roadworks project in the country and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I won't be making it this week due to having another appointment. Best of luck storming the enemy bastion, guys!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Roll20 doesn't want to load the map for me at the moment which is kind of interfering with prep work but aside from that there should be no irregularities with the game tonight.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Loot after tonight:
-1x bolt pistol, covered in mutant gore, full ammo
-2x bolt pistol, full ammo
-1x grapnel & line
-1x carapace chest plate
-1x flak armour legs/arms/head
-1x vox set, covered in mutant gore, broadcasting Never Gonna Give You Up on endless loop
-1x vox set, set to receive only an endless loop of Never Gonna Give You Up
-1x longlas, full ammo

Next game will be the 28th, usual time.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Mind you the bolt pistol covered in gore is currently in Grayson's possession as a trophy from our first Quint kill! Oh do they mega-blend. :black101:

I won't be available next week, it is Memorial Day next weekend (:911:) and my father will be in town. So don't blow up the battleship without me!

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
I'll have to leave early due to a family get-together on Saturday. I'll probably have to leave after ~1.5 hours. But I'll be there until then, and I have some ideas for what Daren can be working on if you guys go on without him/me.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I've been invited to my sister's place to celebrate my birthday, so I will not be able to make it this week. Sorry fellas!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
With 2.5 cancellations I think it might be a better idea to reschedule to the 4th of june.

Randomness
Jul 21, 2007
Parasitic Contributionist
Are you still looking for players? If so I'll get a new Acolyte ready to die for the emperor shortly.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
It's up to asehujiko, but I don't think any of the players will have a problem.

What sort of guy are you thinking?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
A 6th player should be manageable. The party is in a situation where getting reinforcements wouldn't make a lot of sense though so that would either require waiting a bit or some retconning about the new character always having been there but on safehouse watching duty or something like that.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Unless you want to be an Imperial loyalist guerrilla fighter from this lost Mechanicus Outpost world.

I have a full thing typed up to explain he current situation, but the TL:DR version is:

We've managed to majorly piss off both competing Chaos factions on this world and are on the run with no support, no way of contacting the Imperium and the only things keeping us going are the logistics of an Emperor-worshiping rebel group and the dubious hope that "a fleet is coming. Sometime."

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

professor_curly posted:

I have a full thing typed up to explain he current situation
I've been away for so long I could use this too.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

professor_curly posted:

We've managed to majorly piss off both competing Chaos factions on this world and are on the run with no support, no way of contacting the Imperium and the only things keeping us going are the logistics of an Emperor-worshiping rebel group and the dubious hope that "a fleet is coming. Sometime."

Don't forget adding 'accidentally summoning a herald of Nurgle' in there somewhere.

That said, it rather looks like I'll be preoccupied this week too, I'm afraid. Friend's coming to visit.

I have no objections to a new player showing up, though, especially not if Asehujiko doesn't. The more the merrier!

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Alright so our current situation stretches back several adventures. I'll briefly go through that so you can get a good idea of how we got here and what we're trying to do.

It all started on a noble retreat-world called Thicksia. The short version is we ran into a rogue Inquisitor conspiring to use chaos weaponry to fight chaos (it was actually a conspiracy of Storm Troopers using a medical pod to 'clone' a dead inquisitor so they could keep using his access codes), and we dealt with that. Along the way we found a chaos cult on Thicksia, a very well organized cult that was subverting multiple layers of society and the military all at the same time. They were lead by someone called "The Harbinger." This is where we first got hints about a chaos leader called the Prophet, who the Harbinger was serving. As we hunted this rogue inquisitor/conspiracy across the sector, we kept finding agents of the Prophet and another Harbinger, whom we interrogated and got some good intel from.

Once the rogue inquisitor was put down for good, we were sent to a Mechanicus owned mining system. There was a major war going on, which we involved ourselves in. Short version, we found/killed the Right Hand of the Prophet who was on planet giving support, and through some trickery we managed to board the flagship of the Chaos fleet, a Battlecruiser. On the Battlecruiser we found the The Right Hand of the Prophet's personal mansion thing, and got lots of intel on Harbingers scattered all across the sector. Basically, the Prophet has been seeding agents everywhere for decades, maybe a century. Luckily they all reported in to the Right Hand of the Prophet, and we found his personal situation reports so we think we have good leads on most of the big ones.

We also found a map of the interior of the Pandemonium Warp Storm, which The Prophet has united into his own personal empire of 13 worlds.

(As an aside Asehujiko, was the Quint homeworld one of those 13 planets we saw as part of this Empire?)

We also found the location of what we thought was a Dark Mechanicus Forge World on that same star map. That forge world has been building an 8 kilometer long Battleship for the Prophet to act as a flagship for his full scale invasion of the Imperium. It is due to be fully operational within a year. That's when we got our orders - sneak on a Chaos ship doing a supply run, get to that forge world and gently caress with that battleship.

That's where we are right now. This world used to be an Adeptus Mechanicus outpost set up with lots of a fancy augur arrays to monitor the Pandemonium. But over the course of time, this outpost got cut off from the Imperium and the remaining Mechanicus either died off or joined up with local non-Imperial merchants/pirates. They lost the Mechanicus spirituality but kept a lot of the technical know-how, and over time they turned this outpost into a manufacturing world, naval yard and repair/resupply station for the various pirates, warlords and Chaos warbands that puttered around.

They sit just outside the Pandemonium, sort of like Cadia - it's somewhat easy to get to, but you don't have to deal with the ill effects of being inside a warp storm and reality as a whole not working. This lets them do big projects like build ships, which would be practically impossible to do with the reality-fuckery in the warp storm itself. For the last hundred years they've been contracted by The Prophet, to put aside all their other shipbuilding and construct a Battleship to use as a flagship/beatstick to lead the fight against the Imperium at large.

We have session notes detailing what we've done, but the short version is we tried infiltrating the command structure of the Prophet's forces, which are known as the Enlightened. However we almost immediately found out about a second Chaos faction on the planet, the warp-alien Quints. For a while we tried to play these two groups off each other, going back and forth trying to provoke these two into a big fight, however that turned out to be a non-starter. The Enlightened were too defensively minded, protecting the final stages of the Battleship construction to risk a full conflict without absolute definitive proof of threat, and the Quints are too damned competent for us to manipulate. So after bouncing back and forth between them for a while, we decided "gently caress this, we're doing it ourselves" and we've started burning bridges with both groups.

The Harbinger of this world started constructing a huge fetid swamp thing, to act as a ritual site for a big Nurgle ceremony. He would drink a vial of the Elixir of the Unclean, a major powerful chaos artifact substance, and so become a chosen/favored of Nurgle. This was all for petty Chaos Office Politics though - the Harbinger wants to be the new Right Hand of the Prophet to replace the one we killed, and thought this would be a way to advance his career. But it also had a non-zero chance of cause an outbreak of Space Ebola that would kill the whole damned planet so we decided we needed to stop that.

The Quints came to us and told us to steal the Elixir to give it to them. In exchange they would make sure the battleship we were sent to sabotage would never leave the ground. However, they are too damned competent - we really didn't want to know what their plan was for it.

So we took the third option - we flew up to the ship that was transporting the Elixir, stole it, killed a bunch of Enlightened guards along the way and then used trickery and intimidation to get ourselves back planetside. Daren had an idea that we would give the elixir to the Quints, so that he could track its warp-tainted signature with his psyker powers. Hopefully it would lead us to the Quint main base. However, this plan proved impractical and very risky when we actually had the material in hand.

Instead, we went with Option B. Option B was that two melta-bombs that Daren had brought along for this express purpose. We dug a small hole, sandwiched the vial of the Elixir of the Unclean between the two meltabombs and then put that into the hole. Little did we know that meltabombs are a material component for Daemon summoning, and we accidentally caused a major warp incursion with a Herald of Nurgle.

So that nearly killed us, but we banished the daemons and got out of their quick before the Chaos factions figured out what the warp disturbance was.

The upswing of this is that in our adventures we've found a group if Emperor worshiping/Imperial rebels out in the desert. Their leadership used to be Quint agents/psyker illusions, but we've assumed direct leadership after dealing with that. These Imperials are helping us with our current plan to destroy the Battleship - we're going to blow up the underhive support struts that hold up the shipyard and Battleship, and bring the whole thing crashing down. The rebels are currently producing tons and tons of explosives to accomplish this, and we expect it to be ready within a week or two.

Factions:

The Merchant Houses/Natives - surprisingly normal folk, they don't follow Chaos and are just very neutral. The merchant houses are the descendants of the original Mechanicus and pirates that set up this world when it was first cut off from the Imperium. They come in ship-building and mining varieties, with the ship-builders holding political/economic power right now. Otherwise, the planet is actually very Imperial as strange as that is. They get a lot of cross-pollination from Human mercenaries going back and forth. I ordered Amasac at a bar, and I got Amasac. Have their own defense forces which make up the bulk of the numbers on the planet, but don't really fight unless attacked or forced to by the Enlightened.

The Enlightened - the military arm of the Prophet, and defacto rulers of the planet. We aren't sure the details, but it seems that over time the security detail meant to keep watch over the construction of the ship mission-creeped its way to converting the planet to the will of the Prophet and now they run things at the top. They have the air force, they control the space lanes and their ground troops are generally well equipped and extremely motivated. There aren't chaos warships hovering in orbit though - the Prophet has spread his military force somewhat thin, attempting to secure mining worlds and other logistically important worlds that are necessary to keep a Battleship functional and supplied. They've been relying on the fact that the Imperium had no idea where this "Dark Mechanicus" world was, and you don't blindly jump around the Pandemonium trying to check. We've recently stirred up the whole planet of them by stealing the Elixir of the Unclean from them, which was going to be used to curry Nurgle's favor in a big, dangerous ritual. Now the Enlightened are scouring the whole planet for us, but through a mixture of experience, talent and some repurposed archeotech we're not really concerned about it right now - we have bigger problems, the Quints.

Opinion level of us: "I WANT THEIR HEADS ON A PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!"

The Quints - we don't know their actual name, but they are chaos worshipping psyker xeno-mutant heretics. Quintuple heresy, and right now they are by far the more dangerous Chaos group on this planet. They come in two groups - human mutant servants and hooded figures. The hooded figures are literally from the Pandemonium - that's where their homeworld is. They used to be top dog among the various warring factions before the Prophet came along a century or two ago and started muscling them out. They make and sell a psycho-reactive drug which, among other things, mutates humans into a disfigured, subservient slaves which also happen to be powerful psykers in their own right. The Prophet told them to kneel down and kiss the ring, they refused and the hooded figures were driven out of the Pandemonium. There are a handful of these hooded-figures on the planet with us, and a few dozen human-mutant. Their defining trait is competence. They have kept track of us, intercepted us and manipulated us since we first made contact with them. We had a plan where we were going to do favors for the hooded figures, and in exchange they were going to sabotage the Chaos Battleship for us. They don't have the numbers to stand toe-to-toe with the Enlightened, but they are tricksy bastards with centuries of plots and forward-planning. We got them some minor spell components, to see if they were good for their end of the bargain. They were, which leads us too...

The Imperials - the remnants of superstitious pirate crews and loyal Imperial citizens who managed to persist all these years. They've been under the thumb of the Quints for a very, very long time. The "Bishop," who the Imperials followed unquestioningly for decades, was a Quint psyker-illusion and the second in command was a Quint plant. When we gave the Quints those spell components, the illusion "got a vision from the Emperor" and they launched an insurrection which included a major, major artillery bombardment of the main hive. They'd been salvaging, moving and hiding hundreds of discarded Earthshakers, over a period of decades. They were a cats-paw, a major irritant that couldn't be traced back to the Quints (who again, don't want to provoke a major war. They simply don't have the numbers). We've freed them from that, and now they're helping us. Grayson is now Bishop-Major Macavoy, and has taken charge. The Imperials themselves are pretty drat good desert fighters. They've lived right next to the main hive for a long time, and no one has noticed them yet. However our meddling here and elsewhere has managed to piss off the Quints, who right now are content to leave us alone because we're doing such a great job drawing the Enlightened's attention, but that situation is probably going to change soon.

We also have a wildcard that we've been using:
The Archeotech Auger Array: The primary reason this planet was inhabited in the first place, this ancient piece of technology was transported here hundreds/a thousand? years ago by the Mechanicus to monitor the Pandemonium. When the outpost got cut off and the planet become what it is, everyone sort of forgot about the weird radar thing. Right now this is actually at the base of the hive, like the bottom of it. The main hive is literally built on top of this old installation. We managed to sneak/trick our way into it and Daren has figured out how it works. So right now, we have the most powerful auger array in the sector at our disposal. For example, Daren tuned it for radio transmissions, and we've found several potential locations where there are noticeable radio transmissions coming from areas of empty desert - potentially, the hidden secret base of the Quints.

Also if you join and stay on I'll add you to the crew:

Left to Right: Arkem, Daren, Tearrial, Grayson and Stern

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

professor_curly posted:

(As an aside Asehujiko, was the Quint homeworld one of those 13 planets we saw as part of this Empire?)
The alien claimed to be from one of the worlds conquered by the Prophet but didn't specify which one.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
You know I just had a thought. Is the person smuggling these alien weapons a certain Rogue Trader that we may have made ragequit a planet?

Also was that summary clear?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Need to go and do a thing before tonight's game so we might start a few minutes late depending on how long that takes.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I got caught up with RL, thus missed tonight's game without calling it in. My apologies!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
A note: as I mentioned last session, my sister is moving this weekend and I was not sure if I was going to help.

Well I am, so I won't be available this weekend. Should be available for the 25th though.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For a change, I have nothing to do saturday afternoon and today's game should start at regular time with no risk of delays!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'll show up on time, also. We still on the old xp?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I believe so.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Same as last week, I don't have to drive anywhere today and an thus free of the risk of traffic mucking things up so the game tonight should again start at regular time :toot:

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Forgot to report in that i would be away this week. Sorry about that!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I should be okay for attending tomorrow!

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Good. We've kind of hit a dead end, and I think if we all get together we can figure something out.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I have to do a thing in the afternoon so I might be a bit late/still eating dinner when we start.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Tonight game should be starting at the regular time again.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reminder, I won't be there today.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be unable to attend this week as well.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Still need to do a thing around the house and eat dinner, may be a tiny little bit late tonight.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The party received 750 xp last session so for tomorrow's game(23-7-16), xp totals will be at 18750.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Running a(nother) game for my local tabletop group on saturday, so I'll be unable to attend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Good news! Tonight's game got called off, so I can run with you guys.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Game tomorrow should be at regular time, xp unchanged from last week(18750).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As a reminder, I might not be available tomorrow. All fingers crossed my work meeting tomorrow gets done in the morning and i can join in time. If not, I might try to pop on.

Will for sure be unavailable next weekend for gen con.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm unable to attend this week. Uncertain about next week.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I won't be available to gm tomorrow so next game will be held on the 13th of august.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be a tad late. Half an hour at the most.

• Locked thread