Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Maximillian Stern hails from the lesser Forge World of Rhodin IV and escaped indentured service to the Mechanicus there by being called into the Schola Progenium at a young age. His training left him of average scores and a personality suited for joining the Adeptus Arbites as an Enforcer, or at least that is what the records have been falsified to show. In reality his aptitudes, particularly his somewhat unique combination of intelligence and troubleshooting skill, were of sufficient level for an Inquisitor to decide it would be wise to recruit him as an Acolyte. When Schola ended, Maximillian was sidelined and briefed on his new job and masters and promptly sent off to the Hive World of Desoleum to serve. There he has maintained a one-man cell for over a decade, performing his dual duties to the best of his ability and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Maximillian appears for the most part to be just a hard-working Arbite (or bodyguard/mercenary, when the occasion calls for guile) and has adopted a phlegmatic approach to his life and role: follow orders, do what is necessary and pray to the Emperor he can keep things easy, nice and quiet. The latter part has become somewhat harder ever since two new fellow acolytes showed up at his hideout's door with a bag of deamon skin in hand.

pre:
Name       : Maximillian Stern
Homeworld  : Forge World
Background : Adeptus Arbites
Role       : Desperado
Divination : The wise learn from the deaths of others. (+3 Int, - 3 WS)

Wounds     : 20
Fate       : 4
Fatigue    : 0/10
Insanity   : 
Corruption : 

Armour
Head   7
Larm   8
Rarm   8
Body   9
Lleg   8
Rleg   8

WS  : 22
BS  : 52
S   : 48
T   : 50 
Ag  : 51
Int : 60
Per : 39
WP  : 50
Fel : 41
Ifl : 83

Aptitudes: Intelligence, Offence, Agility, Ballistic Skill, Defence, Fellowship, Finesse.

XP spent   29650
XP unspent 1350
XP total   30000

Skills: Awareness, Command, Commerce, Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Askellon Sector, Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed, Schola Progenium, Underworld, Tech),
Deceive, Dodge +20, Forbidden Lore (Mutants), Inquiry, Interrogation, Intimidate, Navigate (Surface), Operate (Surface)|(Voidship) +10, Scholastic Lore (Chymistry, Judgement),
Scrutiny +10, Security, Stealth, Tech-use +10, Trade (Armourer, Cryptographer, Linguist).

Talents:

Armour-Monger, Bulging Biceps, Contact Network, Cover Up, Deathdealer (Ranged), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Needle Rifle), Eye of Vengeance, Hard Target,
Inescapable Attack (BS), Leap Up, Marksman, Mighty Shot, Never Die, Precision Killer, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Resistance (Fear, Psychic Powers),
Step Aside, Strong-Minded, Target Selection, Technical Knock, Tech-Use, True Grit, Weapon Training (Heavy, Melta, Solid Projectile).

Traits: 

The Face of the Law: An Arbitrator can re-roll any Intimidation and Interrogation test, and can substitute his
Willpower bonus for his degrees of success on these tests.

Move and Shoot: Once per round, after performing a Move action, a Desperado character may perform a single Standard Attack
with a Pistol weapon he is currently wielding as a Free Action.

Omnissiah’s Chosen: A forge world character starts with either the Technical Knock or Weapon-Tech talent.

Characteristic increases: 30900/31000

+5 BS - 100 xp
+5 BS - 250 xp
+5 Int - 250 xp
+5 T - 250 xp
+5 Wp - 250 xp
Dodge - 100 xp 
FL: Mutants - 200
Leap Up - 200
SL: Chymistry - 200
SL: Judgement - 200
Trade: Cryptographer - 100
Trade: Armourer - 100
Precision Killer (BS) - 300 (2500)
Cover Up - 450
Resistance (Fear) - 300 
Contact Network - 450 
Rapid Reload - 300 
+5 Agi - 100
Operate (Surface) - 200
Security - 200 (4500)
+5 Agi - 250
+5 Fel - 250
+5 Toughness - 500 
Navigate (Surface) - 200
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Needle Rifle) - 300
Hard Target - 300
Step Aside - 400
Dodge +10 - 200
CL: Ecclesiarchy - 100
CL: Imperial Creed - 100
Commerce - 200
Trade: Linguist - 100 (7400)
+5 BS - 500
+5 WP - 500
Dodge +20 - 300 (8700)
Stealth - 200
+5 Per - 500 (9400)
Deathdealer (Ranged) - 600
Mighty Shot - 400
Eye of Vengeance - 400 (10800)
CL: Schola Progenium - 100
CL: Askellon Sector - 100
Weapon Training (Heavy) - 200
Command - 200 
Scrutiny +10 - 400
+5 Per - 750
+5 Str - 250
Inescapable Attack (BS) - 300
Target Selection - 400 (13500)
Tech-Use - 200
Armour-Monger - 450
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - 300
+5 Int - 500 (14950)
Marksman - 300
Deceive - 200
Sound Constitution (1) - 300
Weapon training (Melta) - 200 (15950)
True Grit - 600
+5 WP - 750
Strong-Minded - 450
+5 WP - 1000 (18750)
Sound Constitution (2-3) - 600 (19350)
Sound Constitution (4-5) - 600 (19950)
Sound Constitution (6-7) - 600 (20550)
+5 Toughness - 750
+5 Toughness - 1000
Sound Constitution (8-9) - 600 (22900)
Sound Constitution (10) - 300
Dodge +30 - 400
Mastery: Dodge - 600 (24200)
Never Die - 600
Tech-Use +10 - 400
Operate (Voidship) - 200
Operate (Voidship) +10 - 400
+5 Str - 500
+5 Str - 750
Bulging Biceps - 450 (27500)
+5 Int - 750
+5 Int - 1000
Common Lore (Tech) - 200
Inquiry - 200 (29650)
+5 Agi - 500
+5 Agi - 750 (30900)

Gear:

Guns: Shotgun (11/12 Amputator shells loaded, +16 amputator shells, +2 ordinary clips), Autogun (w/Backpack Supply, 140/150 bullets loaded, +1 150/150 supply),
Needle Rifle (1/6 loaded + 4 clips), Hand Cannon (5/5, +1 clip), Lasgun (23/30 loaded), Ancient Bolt Pistol (0 rounds, ruined), Melta gun (4/5, +4 clips),
Heavy stubber (0 bullets)

Armor/Bionics: Flak Cloak, Carapace chestplate, Militarum Tempestus Carapace ('anonymous', worn), Cranial Armour, Subskin Armour, Bionic Heart,
Best quality Light Powered Armor w/Hexagrammatic Wards.

Stuff:

1 dose of stimm, manacles, Voxcaster (cellphone-sized), Pict Recorder, 2 Glow-globes, 1 combead, Stummer, Chameleoline Cloak (given by Daren)

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Good news! Barring unforeseen consequences, I should be able to attend again.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sadly, I will be unable to attend due to my ye olde regular tabletop game being run that evening. Good luck to the rest of you, though!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have a pathfinder game running at that time, so I will be unable to attend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sadly, I cannot attend. My regular group has a tabletop session scheduled at that time.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My sister has her birthday party then, so I can't attend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I might be available. Will know for sure tomorrow.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Good news! I'll be able to attend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Good! We'll need all the help we can get. If what Stern and Arkem had to clean up during our last mission is anything to go by we'll also need luck*. Lots of it.

(*'Luck' may occasionally be substituted by heavy machinery laden with combustibles ramming and pinning the horror du jour.)

Unrelated: Asehujiko, Stern now has Operate (Surface). I expect his only regret will be exploding.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm having the tabletop with my group tonight, so I will be able to make tomorrow.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Unsure whether I can attend. May have to pass.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Good news! I should be able to come.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I should have time.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will, sadly, not be able to attend this weekend. Good luck Shawshanking it up!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I should be able to attend. I'll even bring my own spoon.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be unable to attend, sadly, as I have tabletop RPG-ing scheduled for that evening.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

I like how the only time Arkem has had the opportunity to have a frank discussion about how the universe works and his doubts about the Imperium is with a Necron. That we invited to a party. Yeah.

Cue Stern: "You did WHAT?"

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, it could have gone worse and you did find important evidence (that we can bring along, right?), so all's well that ends well. Assuming the entire thing has no unfortunate unintended consequences. :v:

Now Stern has (of course he has) '3 glow-globes' on his equipment list so while I realize you wanted to power up the place as well the mental image I have is of Arkem going "Dangit, gonna need lights. All right, let's double back to Stern and pick u-" and Daren cutting him off with "That murder servitor said 'Access denied'! Them's fighting words!" *chainsaw whirring & frantic gunfire noises* "... or I suppose I could just take this battery instead."

I should be able to attend this week unless something comes up.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Will be unable to attend session this week, assuming there is one.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can only say with certainty that I'll be available this week. The future is murky beyond that.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've just confirmed that I won't be able to attend either.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Werix posted:

I'll try to have my app done before Saturday. Shrine world guard heirophant most likely.

Welcome Werix! Looking forward to see your character's reaction to our group play with you!

In other news, I should be good for this week.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, I think you can save your xp if you're trying for the Cover Up chain. I went the same route, but after the +15 influence boost, even my low-starting influence character has nearly the same influence as his upgraded fellowship. Also, opportunities to get stuff aren't all that common. We're more of a 'low-budget sweet loot' party than a 'having the luxury of time and money to spend on upgrading ourselves' party, and even if we were, we've had to infiltrate areas often enough that having all kinds of rare gear would raise eyebrows and make our missions interesting logistical challenges. *cough*powerarmor*cough*

To be honest, we've brought down most of our Big Bads with chainsword or basic solid projectile weapon combos, aided with a sparingly used bolt pistol (looted from... a chaos cultist, I think?). Stern still runs around with his starting shotgun as a go-to primary weapon. The last Big Bad, a necron tomb lord analogue, went down to a laspistol (which was running out of ammo). Praise the Emprah on how we make do sometimes.

Just go for what seems like it'd end up being fun. It's not always gonna work out the way you think, but hey, the important bit is being there and enjoying yourself, which is certainly what we've been doing. It hardly matters that Stern isn't super optimized and has a few talents I'll likely not get that much use for.

e: aaaand you beat me to it.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I may be busy that evening, but I can't say for sure yet.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scribbleykins posted:

I may be busy that evening, but I can't say for sure yet.

Looks like I'll be able to attend! Might or might not be a few minutes late, though.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Will be unable to make the session next week due to attending a local convention.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I too will be unavailable on the 27th.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can't make the 4th either, due to my RL gaming group gathering to play again after a month-long pause.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Change of plans! Due to coming down sick (boo!) I might be able to attend tonight!

If I'm not too feverish.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I, regretfully, cannot attend this session, due to running a RL game at that time. I will also be on vacation on the saturday the 18th.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As a reminder, I won't be able to attend tonight. I probably won't be able to attend next week either, but I'll keep you informed if that's the case or not.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I, too, will be away this weekend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Unless something comes up, I should be able to make it this week.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I might be able to make it this week.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be running a game for my friends tonight, so will be unable to attend.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Warning: I may not be able to show up, but even if I do there's a fairly big chance I'll be invited out later by some old friends that I haven't seen in a while, which I will have to prioritize over fun-time gaming evenings.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

Sorry to be a no show on such short notice but I have some real life going on too.

A game was run, shame you missed it. Spoiler: Blood everywhere.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just posting here as a reminder that I will not be able to attend next weekend's session.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lest nothing get in the way, I should be able to make this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I will be visiting my sister next saturday and so will not be able to play.

• Locked thread